EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

ykGQvh1.png

• Haha 9

DCelUqN.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

With how fast skill position players decline post 30 these days, I was thinking of how insane it was that Jerry Rice had 1200 yards in a season at 40 years old at WR. And at a time where the game was more physical. Do you think we will ever see a WR put up 1000+ yards at 40 or older again in our lifetimes? Or even play to 40?

• Like 1

Howie is smart enough not to get caught tampering.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Sorry Giants fans.

:lol: They were hoping so hard :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Amazed it was only a 5th. Maybe they felt bad for Falcons with how Cousins admitted it publicly plus the whole QB situation lol

• Like 1

Howie calling the Falcons right now.

"We need a TE and you now need a 5th rounder. Kyle Pitts?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

You mean the claim of a 3rd party being the only evidence of tampering isn't enough to penalize the franchise?

I'm shocked! :o 

• Haha 1

"At LEAST a day 2 pick" huh?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As expected for the Eagles with the Saquon situation...a nothingburger.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Howie calling the Falcons right now.

"We need a TE and you now need a 5th rounder. Kyle Pitts?"

I would do that TBH, assuming Howie does his "lower of the two 5ths" clause.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RLC said:

Howie is smart enough not to get caught tampering.

Howie doesn't need to tamper.  

If Franklin is a dimwit, you must acquit 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Howie doesn't need to tamper.  

Honestly, if the penalty is only a 5th, he should start.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

A 5th for tampering with 3 different players? Honestly not a bad punishment at all

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

With how fast skill position players decline post 30 these days, I was thinking of how insane it was that Jerry Rice had 1200 yards in a season at 40 years old at WR. And at a time where the game was more physical. Do you think we will ever see a WR put up 1000+ yards at 40 or older again in our lifetimes? Or even play to 40?

I think part of the reason we don't see players stay is that the rookie cap makes replacement of veterans preferrable. Why would a team pay a mid-level vet when a rookie is much cheaper. Superstar WRs are getting life changing money on their second deals.  So there's less incentive to keep playing past 30.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paco said:

Honestly, if the penalty is only a 5th, he should start.

I mean the NFL probably felt bad for the Falcons because of who they tampered to get.  Tampering to make sure you pay Kirk Cousins $100 million is punishment enough.  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, brkmsn said:

That particular play showed good effort and hustle, but wasn't a "highlight." But I appreciate the exaggeration effort you put forth in claiming he didn't make any other plays. But here's a few good plays from just week 1 last year:

If you think he’s been good, good for you.  I disagree.  If you don’t, then I don’t know why you’d waste the time in your life posting the limited plays in which he has been effective.  I’d also add we all know he really tailed off and wore down as the year wore on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

8trpji.jpg

• Haha 14

Looks like the black and white socks are completely a thing of the past and the Eagles have fully embraced the all white socks/tights. Been this way for years in games but for promo now too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

You mean the claim of a 3rd party being the only evidence of tampering isn't enough to penalize the franchise?

I'm shocked! :o 

And an incompetent 3rd party just trying to make himself look important.

2 hours ago, NCiggles said:

I think part of the reason we don't see players stay is that the rookie cap makes replacement of veterans preferrable. Why would a team pay a mid-level vet when a rookie is much cheaper. Superstar WRs are getting life changing money on their second deals.  So there's less incentive to keep playing pass 30.  

True. Unless the player wants to add to his record book or was feeling healthy and was looking for that ring (or another ring).

5 hours ago, devpool said:

A 5th for tampering with 3 different players? Honestly not a bad punishment at all

Yup.