EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 hours ago, eggs said:

And an incompetent 3rd party just trying to make himself look important.

Franklin would have to improve to be merely incompetent.  

• Like 3

23 hours ago, eagle45 said:

His career highlight is chasing Josh Allen out of bounds for a 4 yard gain.  Time hasn't run out, but it's OK to just call him bad so far.  Hell, even Mcdougle sent Eli into another dimension at this point in his career.

He had some good moments throughout the year.  The Josh Allen play was probably the last of the moments though;.  But he definitely showed off the potential he has at his size and athleticism and still just 24 years old.  DTs usually take 3 years to hit their groove anyway.

• Like 2

Lawrence was overpaid but that’s the way it goes for QBs I guess 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He's got more passing yards and better completion percentage than Hurts. Also a higher passing yards/game

On 6/12/2024 at 6:19 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea, that must be it 

Epps was seriously missed. He is better than many Eagles fans recall.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

He's got more passing yards and better completion percentage than Hurts. Also a higher passing yards/game

image.gif.bb9dce6ad10b6bf14f4e7ea75afcfa95.gif

18 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

It’s not a high bar to clear. Daniel Jones also has a better percentage, yards per game and total passing yards than Hurts. 

Lawrence is tied for highest paid player in the NFL. He’s arguably not even a top 10 QB.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It’s not a high bar to clear. Daniel Jones also has a better percentage, yards per game and total passing yards than Hurts. 

Lawrence is tied for highest paid player in the NFL. He’s arguably not even a top 10 QB.

I was :fishing: and didn't get the bites I was expecting

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Unlike Hurts. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Eventually sports contracts have to reset no? These numbers are just absurd anymore. 

53 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Its sad that Lawrence is better than Hurts because Lawrence isnt good. At least we can say we are paying Hurts less. 

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’m not even sure I’d put Lawrence’s stock as top 16 when you consider his career is currently managed by Doug and Press.  Giving out top dollar to average players always pushes the market price up artificially — but it’s real consequences for teams with QBs on expiring contracts ….. DAL 

Bob is one win away from a Stanley Cup title.  I may actually have to start watching.  Feel great for him; he certainly was never going to win one in Philly 

4 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Epps was seriously missed. He is better than many Eagles fans recall.

Epps had a 15.4% missed tackle percentage last season. I don't think we would have missed that. 

Thought the Eagles have had a great culture for a couple of years.  Based on the evidence, I have to chalk that up to the lack of confidence in the coaching staff, defienciea in personnel and some new guys not buying in.

Screenshot_20240613_212131_Facebook.jpg

4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don’t think there is any credible argument that he is a top 10 QB. At this point, he is more of a bust than anything. Horrible decision by the Jags. 

45 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Thought the Eagles have had a great culture for a couple of years.  Based on the evidence, I have to chalk that up to the lack of confidence in the coaching staff, defienciea in personnel and some new guys not buying in.

Coaches instill work ethic, habits and rules.  The leaders on the team in uniform on Sundays set the culture of the team.  I’d be lying if I said I was entirely confident in the leadership being passed from Kelce, Cox, and Graham down to Hurts, AJ Brown, and Jalen Carter.

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What it must be like to negotiate with Howie!

8 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Epps had a 15.4% missed tackle percentage last season. I don't think we would have missed that. 

Epps is a solid safety but my best memory of him is getting trucked by CMC in the NFCCG 2 years ago.  At least we won.

8 hours ago, vikas83 said:

I don’t think there is any credible argument that he is a top 10 QB. At this point, he is more of a bust than anything. Horrible decision by the Jags. 

If the Jags have another sub par or mediocre season Doug might be canned again.  Then the Jags will be looking for a 3rd HC for Lawrence already. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cliftoma said:

It's hard to maintain in the NFL b/c of the churn.

Last season was one of those years, I think Howie was trying to patch his way through, building a young core but trying to stay competitive at the same time.

Might have pulled it off with better coaching, but the team had slipped.

One smart move is bringing in lots of high draft pick veterans on low cost deals, they got drafted based on talent, but they won't stick if they don't produce. But given the stakes, even those who might have been less motivated to start their careers have strong incentives to clean up their act.

Becton is a good example, he's looking at being a backup the rest of his career if he doesn't step up his game, but he's smart enough to know Stoutland U is where OL go to resurrect their careers (we've gone from Mudd to Stoutland, which is amazing when you think about it - paying top dollar for top position coaches is a huge competitive advantage that doesn't count against the salary cap).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cliftoma said:

Another reason they moved on from Reddick for the people that can't seem to understand.  Having someone around disgruntled about their contrqct and holding out isn't going to be great for that lockerroom culture when you are desperately trying to fix that.

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

If the Jags have another sub par or mediocre season Doug might be canned again.  Then the Jags will be looking for a 3rd HC for Lawrence already. 

I'd be very surprised if Doug is coaching there beyond this season; their collapse last season mirrored the Eagles.

I think there's a good chance Tennessee could finish ahead of both the Jaguars and Colts this season.