EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

33 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Did he look fast?

She did. WR3 all day 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

It's almost like they think a top-level qb might be here for a few years. Imagine that. 

Uh….. yeah. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Godfather said:

QB1 is a POS and the most overrated player in the NFL 

Tell me how you really feel :)

On 6/14/2024 at 3:49 PM, HazletonEagle said:

good guesses. Quez couldnt get an accurate deep ball, and Swift couldnt get a handoff in the red zone because Hurts had to score every TD. 

You love you some Quez lmao

My biggest frustration as the season approaches:

1.  With the expanded playoff format, the Eagles are going to the playoffs.

2.  With only 1 bye up for grabs, it’s really unlikely the Eagles nab that.

How amped up can you really get for 17 regular season games if we already know the eagles will neither be golfing nor resting wild card weekend?  

4 hours ago, eagle45 said:

How amped up can you really get for 17 regular season games if we already know the eagles will neither be golfing nor resting wild card weekend?  

I don’t look at it that way.  The odds are you’re likely correct that they won’t get the bye.

But there are usually a few playoff teams that are able to use week 18 as their rest week because their playoff seeds are pretty much set.  The question will become ‘will they use it that way’ if they find themselves in that situation?  My gut tells me they would this year…remembering the stupid AJ injury late last year.

I’m much more concerned with how they are playing leading up to the playoffs.  It’s more about peaking at the right time

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads in the blog!

• Like 1

The Chef's Super Bowl rings has a typo 

*Yes, my typo was intentional, dorks

15 hours ago, paco said:

The problem is the contract has cascading option bonuses that guarantee a boatload of money the year following the trigger.  That doesn't show up immediately on OTC\spotrac when you give it a quick glance, you need to read the fine print.

OTC did an EXCELLENT breakdown of his contract here.  The highlights:

2024: 16.5 million of 2026 salary becomes guaranteed
2025: 30.804 million of 2026 salary becomes guaranteed
2026: 22 million of 2027 salary becomes guaranteed
2028 is the first year for the dead money to drop below $100 million.

F4OJrzy.png

Sounds like we are really stuck with Hurts for years to come. Unless revenue expands, the cap goes up, and Howie can take a $100m cap hit.

Thanks for the analysis. The fine print is too complex for my tiny brain to comprehend.

Has Howie painted us into a corner on this contract?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CouchKing said:

Sounds like we are really stuck with Hurts for years to come. Unless revenue expands, the cap goes up, and Howie can take a $100m cap hit.

Thanks for the analysis. The fine print is too complex for my tiny brain to comprehend.

Has Howie painted us into a corner on this contract?

I honestly haven't thought about what the plan is to swallow a +$90 million dead cap hit outside of pushing more money in the future.  But whatever it is, the reality is you're going to have to take a hit between $93-107 million down the road (2027-2029).  Unless he is so awful this year that they need to cut ties, he'll be on the roster through 2026.  Otherwise those cascading options add up quickly.

3 minutes ago, paco said:

I honestly haven't thought about what the plan is to swallow a +$90 million dead cap hit outside of pushing more money in the future.  But whatever it is, the reality is you're going to have to take a hit between $93-107 million down the road (2027-2029).  Unless he is so awful this year that they need to cut ties, he'll be on the roster through 2026.  Otherwise those cascading options add up quickly.

Regardless of who the coaches are (Siri, Kellen Moore, next head coach), it comes down to Hurts.

We are so effed for years if Hurts doesn't get it together.

If we need to can Siri, so be it. We need Hurts to get over his lady parts hurting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Why is it really unlikely for the Eagles to get the #1 seed?

On 6/15/2024 at 6:07 AM, paco said:

Ii5XkJk.png

Lot of speed at the skill positions but White, Brown, CJGJ, Slay, Mitchell, Ringo, DeJean and Maddox have the speed to cover them.  

4 hours ago, McMVP said:

I don’t look at it that way.  The odds are you’re likely correct that they won’t get the bye.

But there are usually a few playoff teams that are able to use week 18 as their rest week because their playoff seeds are pretty much set.  The question will become ‘will they use it that way’ if they find themselves in that situation?  My gut tells me they would this year…remembering the stupid AJ injury late last year.

I’m much more concerned with how they are playing leading up to the playoffs.  It’s more about peaking at the right time

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads in the blog!

What you replied to is one of the oddest comments I’ve ever read on here, especially when Kansas City just won the Super Bowl as the #3 seed.

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Why is it really unlikely for the Eagles to get the #1 seed?

Ask Vegas not me.

Happy Father’s Day 

image.jpeg.8e552e4d0fc6c9384abd6863ba86defe.jpeg

• Haha 10

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Ask Vegas not me.

Well you're a big boy.  Give me your own assessment.  Eagles have what is most likely the most talented offense in the league and are playing a second place schedule in the 2nd easiest division in the conference.  They got the #1 seed two years ago, had ownership of it last year until Sirianni panic move fired Desai which ended up causing the team to meltdown.  Eagles are in a very good position to grt the #1 seed again.

23 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Well you're a big boy.  Give me your own assessment.  Eagles have what is most likely the most talented offense in the league and are playing a second place schedule in the 2nd easiest division in the conference.  They got the #1 seed two years ago, had ownership of it last year until Sirianni panic move fired Desai which ended up causing the team to meltdown.  Eagles are in a very good position to grt the #1 seed again.

They also have Hurts as a QB so that works against them. If they had a real QB who wasn't a gimmick then for sure. If he didn't dislike the coach that would also be great.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

They also have Hurts as a QB so that works against them. If they had a real QB who wasn't a gimmick then for sure. 

Defenses have adjusted to Hurts’ running and made him less productive as the years go on.  That’s to be expected; it’s what the league does.  As Hurts reaches 28, 29, and so on he will slow down quite a bit as a running threat — history has shown that over and over with other running QBs, and Hurts is already being slowed by perennial injuries.

Hurts has to evolve into an effective and prolific passer to justify his contract.  He needs to reach top 8 in the league in passing yards, passing TDs, etc.  Last season he was nowhere close; 23 TDs and 15 INT is a very poor TD/INT ratio for the NFL in 2023.  He was in the 13-14th range in TDs and passing yards.  He was 15th in completion percentage.  Can’t have that from a player making $51M per season, especially with the weapons the Eagles have at the skill positions.

This needs to be a bounce-back season for Hurts.  He needs to master Moore’s offense quickly and be among the league’s best passers.  Given how much we always hear about Hurts’ work ethic and intangibles it’s not too much to expect.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Ask Vegas not me.

1 / 16 chance of the Eagles getting the #1 seed. (between 5-10%, could be said to be really unlikely)
7 / 16 chance of the Eagles going to the playoffs. (about 50-50, and the Eagles are good)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

They also have Hurts as a QB so that works against them. If they had a real QB who wasn't a gimmick then for sure. If he didn't dislike the coach that would also be great.

Hurts is at worst a top 3 QB in the league. If the coach wasn't a total joke baffoon that completely failed ti adjust his offense to include any sort of hot reads or adjuat.ents for the blitzed thanaybe the franchise QB wouldn't view him as the joke he is and makes himself out to be on the sidelines of every game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Report: Dak Prescott could demand massive number in contract talks

The Dallas Cowboys opted to wait on a Dak Prescott contract extension, and they might wind up paying for that now, Grey Papke of Larry Brown Sports reports.

Trevor Lawrence’s new contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, which averages $55 million annually, may end up resetting the market for Prescott, according to Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports. Agents and executives told Robinson that Prescott could seek as much as $60 million annually in extension talks with the Cowboys if he wanted to.

Prescott is a year away from free agency and has a no-tag clause in his existing contract. As such, the Cowboys essentially have to pay him soon or risk losing him. Prescott would be in high demand if he were to hit the open market, so Prescott can essentially afford to bet on himself and make the Cowboys negotiate on his terms.

The Cowboys seemed to be prioritizing a Prescott extension when the offseason started, but owner Jerry Jones suggested the team did not necessarily have to get a deal done as quickly as possible. Sure enough, the Cowboys dragged their feet as the likes of Lawrence essentially reset the market in the interim.

giphy.webp

• Like 1

Screenshot_20221224_160427.jpg

21 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Not the most overrated but he is up there. He is not the guy.

He is for the next 3 or 4 years at least. I look for the next few years to be very similar to the Eagles 2000 - 2006 or so.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 10:53 AM, paco said:

Moar

Chiefs' Isaiah Buggs charged with domestic violence, burglary

Kansas City Chiefs defensive lineman Isaiah Buggs has been arrested for the second time in a month after he was booked on a domestic violence/burglary charge in Alabama on Sunday morning and released, according to online records.

Tuscaloosa County jail records show Buggs was released on $5,000 bond. No further details about the arrest were available.

On May 30, Buggs turned himself in after he was charged with two misdemeanor counts of second-degree animal cruelty in Tuscaloosa. Two dogs under his care -- a pitbull and a rottweiler mix -- were found to be neglected and severely malnourished. One of the dogs had to be euthanized.

Buggs' agent, Trey Robinson, has alleged his client is a victim of an ongoing "subversive campaign" to force the closure of the hookah lounge he owns in Tuscaloosa.

Buggs, 27, played three seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers and two with the Detroit Lions before joining the Chiefs in January as a practice squad player. The Chiefs re-signed Buggs to a futures contract in February.

It continues a tumultuous offseason for the Chiefs.

Wide receiver Rashee Rice is facing eight felony charges, including six counts of collision involving injury, following a six-vehicle crash March 30 on a Dallas highway. Offensive linemen Chukwuebuka Godrick and Wanya Morris were arrested last month in Johnson County, Kansas, on misdemeanor possession of marijuana.