EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Such a Jets thing to not have figured this out before trading for him

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

There’s no way this in reference to SF. Probably talking about a steakhouse he got kicked out of or something

Lol well of course someone ran with it

23 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Hurts is at worst a top 3 QB in the league. If the coach wasn't a total joke baffoon that completely failed ti adjust his offense to include any sort of hot reads or adjuat.ents for the blitzed thanaybe the franchise QB wouldn't view him as the joke he is and makes himself out to be on the sidelines of every game.

You should take deep breaths when people provide truth bombs about Hurts.  You make too many grammatical and spelling errors when you get upset.  Did you just have a blowout?   

YARN | I got a poopie. | Scary Movie (2000) | Video clips by quotes |  5b00423e | 紗

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

@LeanMeanGM

What happens if Haason annoys NYJ enough that they trade him before the season?

We probably would have never accepted the deal without the possibility of getting a 2 back. So do the player performance requirements transfer to the new team? Does a third party decide whether NYJ has to pay us a 3 or a 2?

25 minutes ago, hputenis said:

You should take deep breaths when people provide truth bombs about Hurts.  You make too many grammatical and spelling errors when you get upset.  Did you just have a blowout?   

Hurts is only one of quite a number of Eagles players who need a bounce back season.  At least Hurts has a long term mega-deal to lean back on; some of these other guys are playing for big stakes this season:

Barkley -- also got big money, but I wasn't nearly as "yahoo" about that signing as others.  His production has been pedestrian the last 3-4 years; was it the lousy Giants team, or is he not as dynamic as he once was?

Goedert -- his 592 yards receiving ranked 14th among TE.  He's a better player than that.  Yes, he offers blocking and yes, he was severely misused in the offense -- but if he wants another contract in Philly he needs to stay healthy and be more productive.

Dean -- if he doesn't stay healthy and produce as a starter this season, he'll be gone to some other team or bounce out of the NFL.  He was thought to be a 3rd round steal; perhaps he was a 3rd round reach?

Devin White -- is he a top 10 talent at LB, or is he the guy who got benched in Tampa for lazy and undisciplined play.  The truth is somewhere in the middle, but he's got a lot of money riding on how well he performs this season.

Jordan Davis -- I think the Eagles still picture Davis as a long term asset but he needs to be able to handle an increased workload this season.  He's got a long term extension at stake.

Milton Williams -- I think he's underrated here, but he's a UFA after this season.  Can he perform well enough to compel the Eagles to sign him to an extension?  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Hurts is only one of quite a number of Eagles players who need a bounce back season.  At least Hurts has a long term mega-deal to lean back on; some of these other guys are playing for big stakes this season:

Barkley -- also got big money, but I wasn't nearly as "yahoo" about that signing as others.  His production has been pedestrian the last 3-4 years; was it the lousy Giants team, or is he not as dynamic as he once was?  - I also was not as "yahoo" as others.  My best friends are knowledgeable Giants fans, and I've had plenty of convos and seen enough of Barkley over his career to know that he does not have good vision, tries to break it outside way too much because of his crazy athleticism, and obviously has injury concerns.  With that being said, I'm still excited to see him behind a legitimate o-line, and it will be nice to finally have a 3 down back that knows how to pick up the blitz.  

Goedert -- his 592 yards receiving ranked 14th among TE.  He's a better player than that.  Yes, he offers blocking and yes, he was severely misused in the offense -- but if he wants another contract in Philly he needs to stay healthy and be more productive.  - Health and Hurts are his 2 obstacles here in my opinion.  While I love his toughness after the catch, he needs to learn how and when to go down when being tackled.  If he stays healthy, I still think he's top tier in this league, but I don't know if he'll be able to show it with the other weapons on offense, and with Hurt's limitations at reading defenses or passing the football in the first place.  

Dean -- if he doesn't stay healthy and produce as a starter this season, he'll be gone to some other team or bounce out of the NFL.  He was thought to be a 3rd round steal; perhaps he was a 3rd round reach?  

Devin White -- is he a top 10 talent at LB, or is he the guy who got benched in Tampa for lazy and undisciplined play.  The truth is somewhere in the middle, but he's got a lot of money riding on how well he performs this season.

Jordan Davis -- I think the Eagles still picture Davis as a long term asset but he needs to be able to handle an increased workload this season.  He's got a long term extension at stake.

Milton Williams -- I think he's underrated here, but he's a UFA after this season.  Can he perform well enough to compel the Eagles to sign him to an extension?  

I'll make comments on the others later.  Gotta run!!  

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

@LeanMeanGM

We probably would have never accepted the deal without the possibility of getting a 2 back. So do the player performance requirements transfer to the new team? Does a third party decide whether NYJ has to pay us a 3 or a 2?

No idea. I think you would need to see the fine print and exactly how the conditions are stated.

It's not exactly the same situation but when Mayfield was traded to the Panthers it was for a conditional pick if he played 70% of the snaps. When Panthers cut him mid season, the conditions ended even though he went on to play for the Rams. 

In Reddicks case, I wonder if they would re-negotiate. Pick stays a 3 but maybe NYJ also sends a late round pick to bridge some of the gap. The more I think about it, I have a hard time seeing the conditions transfer to a new team. That kind of opens a door for a third party to screw the NYJ out of a higher pick and goes against the negotiations in good faith that occurred originally between Eagles and Jets.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

There’s no way this in reference to SF. Probably talking about a steakhouse he got kicked out of or something

His D&D campaign group.  

35 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I'll make comments on the others later.  Gotta run!!  

Movie gif. Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. He leans against a table and sarcastically says, "Stop. Don't. Come back."

• Haha 7

48 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

His D&D campaign group.  

giphy.webp

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

His D&D campaign group.  

25giVM.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

No idea. I think you would need to see the fine print and exactly how the conditions are stated.

It's not exactly the same situation but when Mayfield was traded to the Panthers it was for a conditional pick if he played 70% of the snaps. When Panthers cut him mid season, the conditions ended even though he went on to play for the Rams. 

In Reddicks case, I wonder if they would re-negotiate. Pick stays a 3 but maybe NYJ also sends a late round pick to bridge some of the gap. The more I think about it, I have a hard time seeing the conditions transfer to a new team. That kind of opens a door for a third party to screw the NYJ out of a higher pick and goes against the negotiations in good faith that occurred originally between Eagles and Jets.

Let’s say there was another bidder who offered a 3 in 2025. Philly took the jets’ 3 in 2026 because it could realistically upgrade to a 2.

The jets could then find that team that offered a 2025 3 and trade him there, thus upgrading the 2026 3 they lost to a year earlier and screwing Philadelphia.

It feels like there has to be something in place to prevent this. Everything else is claused out the wazoo to avoid loopholes like that.

Signing Huff and trading Reddick…all movements with the Jets…was the biggest coup of the offseason.  Especially impressive because both moves were not particularly popular.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

@LeanMeanGM

I bet it goes to the fine print.  If there is language that he has to play 65% of the ***Jets*** defensive snaps, then the Eagles are probably hosed.  

While a preseason trade, now fathomable, was unthinkable at the time of the initial trade…a deadline deal would not be a crazy circumstance.  So I bet that is something Howie and other GMs have thought of and put in language to account for.  Dude is the only lawyer GM in the league.

10 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Signing Huff and trading Reddick…all movements with the Jets…was the biggest coup of the offseason.  Especially impressive because both moves were not particularly popular.

People didn’t like the Huff signing?

Everyone wants to make some dumb white guy nickname. I'd rather go with Blankman, Other Guy and Ringo can be J5.

12 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Everyone wants to make some dumb white guy nickname. I'd rather go with Blankman, Other Guy and Ringo can be J5.

Current starter, future backup and current backup, future starter.  

42 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

They were black though.  Except for J5 who was a robot.

52 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

White on Rice

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Sister Sledge

1 hour ago, Texas Eagle said:

People didn’t like the Huff signing?

I didn’t and don’t. I wouldn’t say I’m in the majority though.

Phillies just needed some home cookin'.

secondDAIRY is my favourite.

Or Mayo clinic

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I didn’t and don’t. I wouldn’t say I’m in the majority though.

Same. Seems like a big projection but will

give fangio the benefit of the doubt

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bpac55 said:

They should call them Procul Harum.

• Haha 1