EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

11 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Everyone wants to make some dumb white guy nickname. I'd rather go with Blankman, Other Guy and Ringo can be J5.

I'll go with dumb white guy nicknames and say "White on Rice" since they stick to their man

• Thanks 1

Tried to get tickets and system said non available as a pair. Changed it to single and said none available. WTF?

Anyone got 2 tickets to the Browns they wanna sell me?

what a **** system and a waste of an hour. even when it said tickets where available i clicked on them straight away and said they weren't available.

Proper bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter_Schmuck said:

Two white guys in the back.

Thought that was your Mom's nickname?

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, rrfierce said:

what a **** system and a waste of an hour. even when it said tickets where available i clicked on them straight away and said they weren't available.

Proper bad.

Bots probably got them before you were able to

3 hours ago, garingovt2000 said:

I'll go with dumb white guy nicknames and say "White on Rice" since they stick to their man

But Jerry is retired. 

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Thought that was your Mom's nickname?

Close!  

image.jpeg.66129aa279485df9a696fd7e00d780ab.jpeg

• Haha 6

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952zjzzu9zg5er1qvhr0y

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

They should call them Procul Harum.

Winning the bracket with that reference.  

oMQkO3t.png

dude must have @vikas83 money

• Haha 8

14 minutes ago, paco said:

If this is true, it is organizational malfeasance. If they are going to give Dak an extension, then there is no justification for waiting until after the FA period to do so. If they want to keep Dak, they should have done the deal before the new league year started, freed up cap space, and added to a team that won 12 games last year. Carrying a $55 million cap number, missing out on free agents and suffering significant losses (LT, C, multiple defensive lineman, RB, CB, etc.), and then still extending him before camp is the dumbest thing they could have done.

So, yeah, it is what Jerry will do. And this is why they remain irrelevant.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Tried to get tickets and system said non available as a pair. Changed it to single and said none available. WTF?

Anyone got 2 tickets to the Browns they wanna sell me?

I couldnt get browns.  

Got a pair for the falcons home opener.  Every game I tried kept showing me tickets but then after I tried to buy,  would say tickets unavailable. 

Just kept repeating the cycle till I landed a pair. 

2 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Proper bad.

It really does suck.   I never got any last year and opted to go see them at met life stadium for much cheaper. 

Lucky to land a pair this year. 

The good news for you is there are tons of tickets available.  Unfortunately this was just the only chance to land some at face value and it's pretty damn hard to do.  Bad system. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, paco said:

If they somehow lose Parsons this would be 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952vxq5qg1va98x9pe2d6

• Like 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/ad-packages-for-christmas-nfl-games-on-netflix-will-cost-more-than-5-million

The streaming of NFL games provides a great chance to double dip.

On one hand, the streaming company gets its subscription fees. On the other hand, the streaming company sells ads.

For the pair of Christmas games to be televised by Netflix, the back side of the double dip will cost more than $5 million.

Via Bill Bradley of AdWeek.com, sponsorships for the game will have at least eight 30-second ad units. Each package will cost more than $5 million.

The various packages entail different distribution of the ads, from pregame to in-game to the post-game shows for both games.

Anyone who buys the Christmas packages must have of $500,000 in spending with Netflix beyond NFL games.

The packages will be available initially to eight NFL sponsors — AB InBev, Verizon, Visa, Gatorade, Pepsi, Lowe’s, Microsoft, and an audio partner that has yet to be determined. They have until June 26 to decide whether to purchase one of the packages.

20 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

If this is true, it is organizational malfeasance. If they are going to give Dak an extension, then there is no justification for waiting until after the FA period to do so. If they want to keep Dak, they should have done the deal before the new league year started, freed up cap space, and added to a team that won 12 games last year. Carrying a $55 million cap number, missing out on free agents and suffering significant losses (LT, C, multiple defensive lineman, RB, CB, etc.), and then still extending him before camp is the dumbest thing they could have done.

So, yeah, it is what Jerry will do. And this is why they remain irrelevant.

They almost operate like they have cash flow issues.  

• Like 1

The weird part with Dak is that he tears our defense apart almost every time he plays us, but I enjoy watching him crap out every year in the playoffs. So I’m torn if I want him to stay in Dallas or not. 

eskin is the eagles sideline reporter that works for WIP but is on a show as an insider 

spacer.png

He didn't even have a bad year lol 

It was just lower than the previous mvp candidate year

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Not a bad year but he was paid for his 2022 numbers and impact and didn’t play up to it. My main issue with him last year was turnovers, if he can fix those he will be fine.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Hurts was middle of the pack in most of the important categories, except among the league's worst in interceptions.  Getting mid-tier play while paying elite money is a big problem.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

First, they’re not gonna be able to trade him unless he wants out. I believe he has a clause in his contract unlike Carson wentz that was put in by his agent because of everything that happened when he took over and he saw what happened with Carson Wentz. So they may or may not feel that way, but it really doesn’t matter unless he’s at the point where he says I’m done with being here. So really eskin can say that but it is very unlikely for multiple reasons and far fetched they deal him unless both say it’s time 

secondly, I said after the year and felt this way for a while that this year was massive for Jalen hurts. If you’re closer to 2021 and 2023 then 2022, that would be 3 out of 4 years you haven’t been able to replicate what you did in 2022 for whatever the reasons we want to say. Imo in order for the eagles to win a Sb he has to be close or at the level of 2022. Same thing could be applied to Carson wentz heading into 2019. It was a big year for him where he needed to get himself back to close to the 2017 otherwise 3 of 4 years he just wasn’t that guy and couldn’t replicate it. Then never reached it consistently in 2019 but wound up getting hot in December and that was closest he really ever got to being the player he was in 2017. Then ultimately imploded in 2020. To me this year is huge for hurts. If he’s closer to 2021/2023 than 2022 i don’t believe he gets traded but i do believe he questions begin to arise within the organization and i don’t think it’s out of the question they might start looking at the Qb position going forward. If he is 2022 or close to it then this noise goes away. Imo that’s why i think it’s a huge year for him. 

27 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

eskin is the eagles sideline reporter that works for WIP but is on a show as an insider 

spacer.png

I think that's a revisionist take on Wentz.  They fired Doug Pederson, in part, to keep Carson Wentz.  They only trade him because Wentz demanded the trade.  

• Like 3