EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

9 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I always thought the 95% offense change was a bit exaggerated.   He has a loaded offense around him.  There should be no excuses.

The 95% comment was ridiculous on its face but it didn't concern me because, in the end, Hurts is accountable for mastering it whether it's 95% changed or 20% or some value in between -- no excuses.

Moore was OC in DAL for 4 years and the Eagles saw them twice every year in that span.  If you're having any trouble grasping the offense, there's a whole ton of film that's easily accessible to study.  

16 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

"Here's what I found out when I started to check into this further," Eskin said. "[Hurts] said the offense is 95-percent different, new, correct? OK. It's 20-percent different, it's not 95-percent, it's only about 20-percent. I found that out from multiple people."

F_TrIq4boAAgOvt.jpg

F_TrIq1acAADj8h.jpg

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

F_TrIq4boAAgOvt.jpg

F_TrIq1acAADj8h.jpg

200.webp

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Eskin also said

"Nick Sirianni is a very good coach," Eskin told Hugh Douglas and Joe Giglio on Tuesday's 94WIP Midday Show. "I know there are people that don't want to believe that, but players respect him. Maybe Jalen has some questions, but it's not the head coach. If you're worried about the offense than it's Kellen Moore and he gets along with Kellen Moore, so what are you trying to do? He better have a good year and I think he'll have a better year. But I think he needs to have a good year or they're going to Carson Wentz him if he doesn't have a good year...He's got to have a good year and he can't make excuses. Just go out there and be the best player you can be."

"Here's what I found out when I started to check into this further," Eskin said. "[Hurts] said the offense is 95-percent different, new, correct? OK. It's 20-percent different, it's not 95-percent, it's only about 20-percent. I found that out from multiple people."

So why did Hurts say that?

"To make an excuse, because people criticized him with the way he was playing at camp," Eskin responded.

"I'm like disappointed [in Hurts], you don't need excuses. Take responsibility."

I always thought the 95% offense change was a bit exaggerated.   He has a loaded offense around him.  There should be no excuses.

I hate to say it.  I mean I really hate to say it.  Eskin is correct that the 95% number sounds like an excuse.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCiggles said:

The offense could not function against the blitz.  How much of that was due to the coaching? I don't know but it wasn't all the coaching.  

Hurts is too slow to process

2022 was against a creampuff schedule. 21 and 23 are consistent with the mid qb he has always been

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I hate to say it.  I mean I really hate to say it.  Eskin is correct that the 95% number sounds like an excuse.  

All I know is this EJ Smith and Sheil talked about what hurts said in the Philly special podcast and said it was weird. McLane came out with something saying it came from the organization. Eskin has come out with however you want to interpret it. Frankly he’s a sideline reporter for the eagles so of all the times hats the one where he might have actually heard something unlike the other 3 teams. Frankly i think media like Marcus hayes, ESP, WIP and 975 makes the media look even worse. However i also know some beat guys and guys around the team who have legit sources have nailed some stories that were originally interpreted as that’s the Philly media at it again. I think the Philly media can embellish some of the story and make it a bigger story than what it likely was said to them. but I also think there’s a person or people in that organization that like to hear themselves talk and say too much. And it’s been an issue for a while and it doesn’t help that we have the media coverage we do 

3 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Is it elite money though? Didn’t Daniel jones get similar ? 

If you want to keep the starting QB you drafted,  he gets $50+ Million a year.  They all do.  If you let that QB go,  he could be signed by another team for almost nothing. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

All I know is this EJ Smith and Sheil talked about what hurts said in the Philly special podcast and said it was weird. McLane came out with something saying it came from the organization. Eskin has come out with however you want to interpret it. Frankly he’s a sideline reporter for the eagles so of all the times hats the one where he might have actually heard something unlike the other 3 teams. Frankly i think media like Marcus hayes, ESP, WIP and 975 makes the media look even worse. However i also know some beat guys and guys around the team who have legit sources have nailed some stories that were originally interpreted as that’s the Philly media at it again. I think the Philly media can embellish some of the story and make it a bigger story than what it likely was said to them. but I also think there’s a person or people in that organization that like to hear themselves talk and say too much. And it’s been an issue for a while and it doesn’t help that we have the media coverage we do 

A few of the Philly media guys carry a lot more attitude than other markets' guys as well, though.

Mosher gave a horrendous take a few days ago on ITB, saying "it's been 30 years since the Eagles had this kind of depth in the secondary.  I'm not kidding; look it up."  The take was so bad I was compelled to leave a comment reminding him that the Eagles had Vincent, Taylor, Brown and Sheppard in both 2002 and 2003.  Vincent was All Pro and Taylor made the Pro Bowl.  

He comes back to me with this snide comment "OK, my bad.  It's been 20 years if that makes you feel better"

I told him that he was so insistent in his terrible take he was telling people to look it up.  It didn't make me feel better that he didn't know WTF he was talking about, and it made me feel worse someone is paying him to give such awful takes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

If you want to keep the starting QB you drafted,  he gets $50+ Million a year.  They all do.  If you let that QB go,  he could be signed by another team for almost nothing. 

Exactly. 

even Jordan love is gonna get £50m a year.

its not elite money it’s just top ten money which hurts is 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Exactly. 

even Jordan love is gonna get £50m a year.

its not elite money it’s just top ten money which hurts is 

It's not elite money??  Only 6 NFL QBs are making $50M+ in 2024.  When he signed the contract it made him the highest paid QB in the history of the NFL.

His contract is structured such that the Eagles can't even dream of moving off of it until after 2026.  It's elite money and an elite contract.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

A few of the Philly media guys carry a lot more attitude than other markets' guys as well, though.

Mosher gave a horrendous take a few days ago on ITB, saying "it's been 30 years since the Eagles had this kind of depth in the secondary.  I'm not kidding; look it up."  The take was so bad I was compelled to leave a comment reminding him that the Eagles had Vincent, Taylor, Brown and Sheppard in both 2002 and 2003.  Vincent was All Pro and Taylor made the Pro Bowl.  

He comes back to me with this snide comment "OK, my bad.  It's been 20 years if that makes you feel better"

I told him that he was so insistent in his terrible take he was telling people to look it up.  It didn't make me feel better that he didn't know WTF he was talking about, and it made me feel worse someone is paying him to give such awful takes.

Tbh i stopped listening to mosher and caplan. i can’t stand caplan and mosher used to be a lot better before he got sucked down cause of caplan’s BS and his attitude. Mosher was much better early in that podcast and really when he worked for the newspaper and at 975  

32 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

It's not elite money??  Only 6 NFL QBs are making $50M+ in 2024.  When he signed the contract it made him the highest paid QB in the history of the NFL.

His contract is structured such that the Eagles can't even dream of moving off of it until after 2026.  It's elite money and an elite contract.

He is a top qb, so he makes top money. Not sure why this confuses you. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The Phillies desperately need another outfielder that can hit.   2nd and 3rd... 1 out.   Pache and Stubbs come to the plate.   Best chance for runs was a wild pitch.  🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

Steelers cut Denzel Mims. He’s the type of guy I’d want to bring in to compete for a backup spot but he’s had enough chances in the NFL. Doesn’t help he trashed Philly pre-draft either. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Steelers cut Denzel Mims. He’s the type of guy I’d want to bring in to compete for a backup spot but he’s had enough chances in the NFL. Doesn’t help he trashed Philly pre-draft either. 

We already have that guy... his name is John Ross.   

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The Phillies desperately need another outfielder that can hit.   2nd and 3rd... 1 out.   Pache and Stubbs come to the plate.   Best chance for runs was a wild pitch.  🤦‍♂️

Or a new manager. Sitting the hot catcher for Stubbs. Idiot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

We already have that guy... his name is John Ross.   

image.gif.e47dbb90336957182c3f49264b979d77.gif

• Haha 1

The Eagles offense isn’t 95% different from any offense in the NFL.  But these guys all make stuff up when in front of a mic.  I wouldn’t make too much of it.

4 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

The 95% comment was ridiculous on its face but it didn't concern me because, in the end, Hurts is accountable for mastering it whether it's 95% changed or 20% or some value in between -- no excuses.

Moore was OC in DAL for 4 years and the Eagles saw them twice every year in that span.  If you're having any trouble grasping the offense, there's a whole ton of film that's easily accessible to study.  

Is that what you think Jalen Hurts and the rest of the Eagles offense are doing when they are preparing to play the Cowboys twice a season?  Study their offense? 

3 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Hurts is too slow to process

2022 was against a creampuff schedule. 21 and 23 are consistent with the mid qb he has always been

Too slow to process an offense that has 4 drag routes going down the field and nothing quick and short to get it off quickly to while the opposing defenses are blitzing heavily.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I disliked their offseason where they only added whit Merrifield to their potential lineup. And frankly he was a solid utility bat off the bench. Imo you weren’t just fixing the issues they had in the playoffs just running it back. They were below average to bad all 3 rounds with RISP. They got by cause they were hitting a lot of homers then after game 2 in the nlcs they couldnt sustain the clip. The regular season their numbers will look good to even great. But in the regular season there’s a lot of mediocre to bad pitching to bump up the numbers. In the postseason in a series you likely face the best the league has to offer and advanced scouting reports over a 5 or 7 game series.

Their chase rate still concerns me when they run into teams in the playoffs and they begin to press. their RISP is still concerning to me. In July to mid August they go at cubs (3), at Braves(3), vs. dodgers (3), vs. A’s, at pirates (3), at twins (3), vs. Cleveland (3), vs. Yankees (3), at Seattle (3), at dodgers (3) and at dbacks (4). That stretch outside of the As is brutal. We are going to see how good the lineup is against some of the better teams in baseball. 

Rip willie Mays

• Sad 2

That Axiom is just hideous

ImageMay be an image of 1 person, playing football and text

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

F_TrIq4boAAgOvt.jpg

F_TrIq1acAADj8h.jpg

It bears repeating…92.43% of stats are made up on the spot

I would hope most people didn’t believe the 95% quote…it was simply an exaggeration to make a point