EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

19 minutes ago, RLC said:

I have a hard time seeing this get done, unless Milton is very happy with where he's at and his role. You would think that betting on himself and hitting FA next year is the best path for the most money and increased playing time. 

Similarly, it doesn't seem like a priority extension for the Eagles given that they have already been giving out cash and extending players with multiple years left before approaching Williams. 

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

This is how you know he's not even going to consider coming back.   He's dropping the extra weight he carried during his career to play center.  it was probably a fair amount of effort by him to get enough calories to carry that weight.  

Fullback

8 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Yup. I never considered him as a candidate to come back. That retirement speech seemed to be the line under his career and he will know how much better he is feeling not on the NFL treadmill

I agree, but there are some that can't see the writing on the wall.

5 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

I know nothing about NBA Basketball or US College Basketball, but today I'll be livid at the Sixers pick for absolutely no reason.  Take a PF or PG.

Bronny James? 😄😄

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

I agree, but there are some that can't see the writing on the wall.

Especially those who have not been careful with their money or are so defined by their sport, it's all they have in their life.

Give me a reason to ignore the Olympics.

21 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Welcome to the future of broadcasting. Yuck

GRBTKvCWAAAF82L?format=jpg&name=900x900

That'll work.   Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Give me a reason to ignore the Olympics.

That'll work.   Thanks.

If that's the case, might as well replace the guys in the booth on Sundays with AI John Madden and Pat Summerall. Bring back Howard Cossell. Give us Harry Kalas forever.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I have a hard time seeing this get done, unless Milton is very happy with where he's at and his role. You would think that betting on himself and hitting FA next year is the best path for the most money and increased playing time. 

Similarly, it doesn't seem like a priority extension for the Eagles given that they have already been giving out cash and extending players with multiple years left before approaching Williams. 

Not to pile on Jordan Davis, but Milton Williams may be in line for DT2 snaps and most of the stat boosting pass rush DT snaps over Davis this year.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Why TF would they do an A.I. of someone that is still alive?

R.6374d787253d592b9e85e046d6d54b93?rik=q

Have you listened to him recently?   It might actually have been used for his NFL broadcasts this year.   

Seriously though... AI broadcasters?     Yeah, let's continue to remove humanity from sports.   Computerized strike zones... AI broadcasters.   How long before we just have robots playing the games too?

25 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

If that's the case, might as well replace the guys in the booth on Sundays with AI John Madden and Pat Summerall. Bring back Howard Cossell. Give us Harry Kalas forever.

Gene Hart and John Facenda too, please.

6 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Seriously though... AI broadcasters?     Yeah, let's continue to remove humanity from sports.   Computerized strike zones... AI broadcasters.   How long before we just have robots playing the games too?

A lot of these commentators suck IMO and I wish I could mute them and just listen to the teams, refs, and crowd

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

A lot of these commentators suck IMO and I wish I could mute them and just listen to the teams, refs, and crowd

Sure.   You think that having AI mimic the legends of the games will fix that?    Nah.   AI will just mimic the same stuff that you hate about the current broadcasters, but with a different voice.

And if we only have the voices of the past, then we lose any future voices that can do a great job.  It's a troubling trend.  

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Sure.   You think that having AI mimic the legends of the games will fix that?    Nah.   AI will just mimic the same stuff that you hate about the current broadcasters, but with a different voice.

And if we only have the voices of the past, then we lose any future voices that can do a great job.  It's a troubling trend.  

I'd actually prefer the option to just mute them. Don't really need them explaining the game to me

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Not to pile on Jordan Davis, but Milton Williams may be in line for DT2 snaps and most of the stat boosting pass rush DT snaps over Davis this year.

Huh? For all intents and purposes, they will play different positions in a Fangio defense. Williams is more of 3/4/5 technique and Davis a 0/1/2 technique.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Nah there are no more great voices or interesting personalities coming in

golf is doing it right and having former players just be themselves on the broadcasts

Schefter said today on 97.5 the Eagles could pursue another safety and will not be surprised to see them pursue Justin Simmons. First I've ever ever heard a reporter link the Eagles with him, it's been "I don't see it" up until this point.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Nah there are no more great voices or interesting personalities coming in

golf is doing it right and having former players just be themselves on the broadcasts

The golden age may be over... and gone are the days of Keith Jackson, Pat Summerall, John Madden, Vin Scully, Harry Kalas, etc. etc., but I have a hard time believing that none will ever come again.