EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, Iggles25 said:

Can we get AI Pat Sajak on Wheel of Fortune instead of Ryan Seacrest in September?

Asking for a friend

Stopped watching that show when Chuck Woolery departed.  Sajak is one of the blandest people alive, and Vanna White hasn’t been in her prime in a very, very long time.

18 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The golden age may be over... and gone are the days of Keith Jackson, Pat Summerall, John Madden, Vin Scully, Harry Kalas, etc. etc., but I have a hard time believing that none will ever come again.

I remember playing Madden as a kid and not knowing Pat Summerall was a real person. I just thought it was like a computer generated voice. Lol

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The golden age may be over... and gone are the days of Keith Jackson, Pat Summerall, John Madden, Vin Scully, Harry Kalas, etc. etc., but I have a hard time believing that none will ever come again.

You forgot Aqib Talib 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It was guys who grew up on radio

now its geared towards a mass, casual audience who dont know the game and have a 20 second attention span

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Wonder how many of those were from the tush push

For a stat like this, it really doesn’t matter.  If they got to the 1 or 2 yard line against a top D, the O did its job.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Wonder how many of those were from the tush push

Hurts still finished in the top 5 if you just consider TD passes (he had 10). 

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

It was guys who grew up on radio

now its geared towards a mass, casual audience who dont know the game and have a 20 second attention span

I will repeat... I have a hard time believing that there won't be any more good ones ever again.

35 minutes ago, McMVP said:

For a stat like this, it really doesn’t matter.  If they got to the 1 or 2 yard line against a top D, the O did its job.  

Agreed. But to play devils advocate a stat like that doesn’t even take into account how many times they played against a top 10 defense. Going by yards per game, Eagles played 8 out of 17 games against a team in the top 10. It really should be on a per game average.

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

Would be a good pick for them.  Unlike the Spurs who fu***** up their draft 😩

If Sixers don’t take him then…well let’s be honest they never do the right thing. Too bad no centers worth taking here are on the board. I guess Missi? Idk

25 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Agreed. But to play devils advocate a stat like that doesn’t even take into account how many times they played against a top 10 defense. Going by yards per game, Eagles played 8 out of 17 games against a team in the top 10. It really should be on a per game average.

So they played about 1/2 their games against teams in the top 1/3 of the league on D.  Sounds as if that would strengthen their argument rather than weaken it

1 minute ago, Texas Eagle said:

Can’t believe they passed on Knecht. This will be another blunder that haunts them for years to come.

Watch the Lakers take him.

• Haha 2

I hate the post-pick trades in the NBA draft.   So confusing and makes being excited for a pick a wasted exercise.   I was happy when the Sixers drafted Bridges... and then, news comes out that he's been traded.  

The NBA is the weirdest league there is in terms of their draft... the trades, the salary cap... so many weird wrinkles.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Westbrook#36 said:

I remember playing Madden as a kid and not knowing Pat Summerall was a real person. I just thought it was like a computer generated voice. Lol

Joe Montana Sports Talk Football was the bomb. 

IMG_8971.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I liked him. He was very knowledgeable 

Maybe so, but broadcasters kinda need to know how to...well...articulate their thoughts.