EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

41 minutes ago, McMVP said:

So they played about 1/2 their games against teams in the top 1/3 of the league on D.  Sounds as if that would strengthen their argument rather than weaken it

Not sure how. It’s total TD’s. The more opportunities you have has the potential to increase the stat. Is 18 TD’s in 8 games better than 12 TD’s in 4 games? Because that is what that stat is trying to say when you see Lamar Jackson barely even on the list. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

What's the Sixers' news?    All is quiet.

Tbh with all the moves that happened and the Sixers are gonna wind up being the third or the fourth best team in the east. Because there’s not moves out there that they can make that makes them better than the Celtics. And I don’t think they’re better than the Knicks, even if they manage to get themselves a Brandon Ingram and a KCP. Ingram would have to take a massive leap to get the sixers to that level. KCP is a solid wing but also 31 so who knows how many more years he has at that level.  

I was on board with their plan from the off-season of clear as much cap space as possible, and having some draft assets to make moves to build yourself into a contender. That was the only way I thought they could get themselves to be a championship caliber team. But to me, I look at what’s available and what they can do. You’re still not gonna be good enough.

frankly i think the clock is ticking faster with Embiid and asking for a trade. I believe Joel Embiid is going to give them the year to see where the chips fall. But I would not be shocked at the end of next year if the Sixers are not close to a title if he asks out. I don’t think it’s that far fetched anymore 

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

What's the Sixers' news?    All is quiet.

They used the pick, and used it poorly. A perfect fit fell to them and they instead opted for a tiktok famous nail painter who is a short guard with no athleticism. 

• Like 2

Daryl Morey is a total fraud.  

Last summer it was the Celtics who were already better than the Sixers who went out and got Porzingis and Holiday while Morey did nothing.

This summer the Knicks are well on their way to doing the same thing by getting Bridges and bringing back OG.

The kid from Duke they drafted tonight is a really good player but a terrible fit for the Sixers Kid can shoot the lights out and plays really hard. The problem is, you can't pair Maxey with another short guard as they will get exposed defensively. He is also more of a down the road upside pick than the guy who went with the very next pick who could help right away and Morey seems to be completely unaware that Embiid is 30 and his prime years are limited. He already wasted last season stockpiling picks and cap space and appears to be on the verge of doing the same thing this summer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh with all the moves that happened and the Sixers are gonna wind up being the third or the fourth best team in the east. Because there’s not moves out there that they can make that makes them better than the Celtics. And I don’t think they’re better than the Knicks, even if they manage to get themselves a Brandon Ingram and a KCP. Ingram would have to take a massive leap to get the sixers to that level. KCP is a solid wing but also 31 so who knows how many more years he has at that level.  

I was on board with their plan from the off-season of clear as much cap space as possible, and having some draft assets to make moves to build yourself into a contender. That was the only way I thought they could get themselves to be a championship caliber team. But to me, I look at what’s available and what they can do. You’re still not gonna be good enough.

frankly i think the clock is ticking faster with Embiid and asking for a trade. I believe Joel Embiid is going to give them the year to see where the chips fall. But I would not be shocked at the end of next year if the Sixers are not close to a title if he asks out. I don’t think it’s that far fetched anymore 

I’m not convinced they have a plan. Seems like they have been flying blind under Morey and Harris is a crappy owner who won’t fix the mess he created.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

I’m not convinced they have a plan. Seems like they have been flying blind under Morey and Harris is a crappy owner who won’t fix the mess he created.

I think they had the plan to have as much cap space as possible for this offseason. I think their plan after that may not exist or everything they thought would be there when they got to this point isn’t available. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Not sure how. It’s total TD’s. The more opportunities you have has the potential to increase the stat. Is 18 TD’s in 8 games better than 12 TD’s in 4 games? Because that is what that stat is trying to say when you see Lamar Jackson barely even on the list. 

No you’re right…I thought about it more later.  What I said basically means they played a relatively difficult schedule over the course of the season… which was not what we were discussing, specifically.

• Like 1

Great, the first article about him is about how many Tik Tok followers he has. They shared more videos of him dancing than they did highlights. An online presence doesn't make you special. 

8 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Great, the first article about him is about how many Tik Tok followers he has. They shared more videos of him dancing than they did highlights. An online presence doesn't make you special. 

Who cares who the Sixers drafted at #16 ?!    

The Sixers will be lucky if that guy contributes.

Don't trust Morey to improve the Sixers.

Eagles>Phillies>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sixers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Flyers

Just now, mikemack8 said:

Eagles>Phillies>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sixers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Flyers

Gotta swap the Flyers and Sixers at this point. I don't think the Sixers have any direction or clue as to what they are doing. The Flyers have at least shown me they understand the position they are in, are realistic about it and are trying to build a contending roster. It's sad that my interest in the Sixers is next to none. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Who cares who the Sixers drafted at #16 ?!    

The Sixers will be lucky if that guy contributes.

Don't trust Morey to improve the Sixers.

Well Morey did draft Maxey at #20.

11 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Hurts still finished in the top 5 if you just consider TD passes (he had 10). 

Where are you getting the stat that he was in the top 5 in the redzone?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/redzone-passing.htm

This says he was tied at 10 with Sam Howell

10 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Maybe so, but broadcasters kinda need to know how to...well...articulate their thoughts.

Like Romo does with his "Ehhhh I Dont Know" repeated a million times? "Predicting" the play before the snap only to be wrong

6 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

He extended him for doing nothing. He is such a bad owner. 

• Like 2

@Schmoopie and her sister went to that thing with Kelce in Sea Isle City yesterday.  Jason Kelce, Brandon Graham, Landon Dickerson and Beau Allen all signed our baby’s baby:

6 hours ago, binkybink77 said:

Many of you may remember the pic that started this thread. When we brought Ellie home from a month long stay in the NICU where she started at only 4lbs, the first thing we dressed her in was her tiny Eagles cheerleader outfit. It now lives on her Cabbage Patch baby we’ve been trying to get Jason Kelce to sign for almost 2 years. My sister and I went to the Team 62 event at Ocean Drive in Sea Isle last night and finally got it signed! Autographed by Jason Kelce, Brandon Graham, Landon Dickerson and Beau Allen 💚 🖤🦅

IMG_7610.jpeg

IMG_9698.jpeg

IMG_2507.jpeg

IMG_1418.jpeg

IMG_7697.jpeg

IMG_6428.jpeg

IMG_7639.jpeg

6 hours ago, binkybink77 said:

IMG_7684.jpeg

IMG_6442.jpeg

IMG_6425.jpeg

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, paco said:

@Schmoopie and her sister went to that thing with Kelce in Sea Isle City yesterday.  Jason Kelce, Brandon Graham, Landon Dickerson and Beau Allen all signed our baby’s baby:

Is she the one that almost fought Kylie last month? 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Is she the one that almost fought Kylie last month? 

What can I say, she WON’T be ignored. 

• Haha 2

Lane Johnson: Jalen Hurts has become a "more vocal leader"

As the 2023 Eagles season went down the tubes in the final weeks, there was a lot of discussion about why things went off the rails for the NFC East club and quarterback Jalen Hurts' leadership style was one of the main points of discussion according to Josh Alper of Pro Football Talk.com.

While his steadiness was praised on the way to the NFC title the previous year, Hurts’s style drew some questions as the Eagles faded after a blistering start to the year.

There wasn’t any public questioning of Hurts’s approach from inside the building, but right tackle Lane Johnson said on The Rich Eisen Show this week that he has seen a difference in the quarterback. Johnson said Hurts has "gone out of his way to connect with his teammates” in a louder way than he has in the past.  

"Just this offseason, he’s really done a good job of bonding with his teammates,” Johnson said. "I feel like the connection has definitely grown. A really big offseason. The work ethic has never been an issue. Tremendous worker. But, just becoming a more vocal leader and, whenever he speaks, guys listen up.”

If the Eagles don’t make a strong rebound in 2024, there will be plenty of speculation about what the future will be for head coach Nick Sirianni and many others. Hurts will likely be in that group, but Johnson said he has no doubts about the signal caller.

"Every year is kind of a prove-it deal to everybody, when you’re in that town,” Johnson said. "Jalen’s our guy moving forward. We love him, we respect him, and nobody puts in more work than he does.”

The results of that work will be the subject of close attention in Philadelphia this fall.

10 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

They used the pick, and used it poorly. A perfect fit fell to them and they instead opted for a tiktok famous nail painter who is a short guard with no athleticism. 

But he's so old...

R.82ff062e69040dcde33a05c6e25325d0?rik=6

34 minutes ago, pangbun said:
Lane Johnson: Jalen Hurts has become a "more vocal leader"

As the 2023 Eagles season went down the tubes in the final weeks, there was a lot of discussion about why things went off the rails for the NFC East club and quarterback Jalen Hurts' leadership style was one of the main points of discussion according to Josh Alper of Pro Football Talk.com.

While his steadiness was praised on the way to the NFC title the previous year, Hurts’s style drew some questions as the Eagles faded after a blistering start to the year.

There wasn’t any public questioning of Hurts’s approach from inside the building, but right tackle Lane Johnson said on The Rich Eisen Show this week that he has seen a difference in the quarterback. Johnson said Hurts has "gone out of his way to connect with his teammates” in a louder way than he has in the past.  

"Just this offseason, he’s really done a good job of bonding with his teammates,” Johnson said. "I feel like the connection has definitely grown. A really big offseason. The work ethic has never been an issue. Tremendous worker. But, just becoming a more vocal leader and, whenever he speaks, guys listen up.”

If the Eagles don’t make a strong rebound in 2024, there will be plenty of speculation about what the future will be for head coach Nick Sirianni and many others. Hurts will likely be in that group, but Johnson said he has no doubts about the signal caller.

"Every year is kind of a prove-it deal to everybody, when you’re in that town,” Johnson said. "Jalen’s our guy moving forward. We love him, we respect him, and nobody puts in more work than he does.”

The results of that work will be the subject of close attention in Philadelphia this fall.

For me personally, I don't give a rat's rear end if Hurts is "Ra-Ra" or a vocal cheerleader.  I want him to be hard at work between offensive drives, studying the tablet and watching in real time what the defense is doing, in order to make real-time adjustments.  I also want Kellen Moore to be on the sideline so he can work with Hurts between drives.  I don't want Moore up in the booth so Hurts can sit alone on the bench again.

12 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

But he's so old...

R.82ff062e69040dcde33a05c6e25325d0?rik=6

he was a freshman. Old for his class, but not an old prospect.

Hes getting the Jalen Hurts hype. Hes a really hard worker!

29 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

he was a freshman. Old for his class, but not an old prospect.

Hes getting the Jalen Hurts hype. Hes a really hard worker!

'Twas sarcasm.   A team with a diminishing window can't worry about age like that in the draft (though the coverage focused on it).  They need someone who can contribute immediately, not a project.

2 hours ago, paco said:

Reported - Football talk only please. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

'Twas sarcasm.   A team with a diminishing window can't worry about age like that in the draft (though the coverage focused on it).  They need someone who can contribute immediately, not a project.

People are being a little hard on him.  He can stick the J and plays pretty good defense so will help earlier than you think.  Plus he's very unselfish so will find the open man.  A good fit for the Sixers and the new NBA in light of where the Celtics / Knicks are headed.  We still have to build out our 8-10 man rotation but he will be in it.  And there's a chance he is a steal like Maxey was if he starts raining threes.

29 minutes ago, Miami said:

People are being a little hard on him.  He can stick the J and plays pretty good defense so will help earlier than you think.  Plus he's very unselfish so will find the open man.  A good fit for the Sixers and the new NBA in light of where the Celtics / Knicks are headed.  We still have to build out our 8-10 man rotation but he will be in it.  And there's a chance he is a steal like Maxey was if he starts raining threes.

His defense won't be good in the NBA. He is short with a small wing span and lacks lateral quickness. 

I hope he will at least be a Landry Shamet for us. That seems like the ceiling.