EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

4 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

We've been dealing with these 2 for 8 years now.  What's 4 more? 😄😄

What's 4 more? likely WW3 :-/ 

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

I wish they would make Kelly Green permanent. The midnight green was following darker trends in the 90s and they could have just made slight updates to the shade or hue and added updates to the helmet and logo. The black alternates are overrated. The Vikings "all white" is a pretty clean look, the Eagles would look good with a mostly white with Kelly green accents.

I thought they said last year that it would be permanent in 2024

Also recall someone posting that the color would get changed again in 2024 before it became permanent in 2024

Guess neither of those are happening

The (alleged) Kelly Green they wore last year was not the same color they used to wear. I was sickened when I saw them. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I thought they said last year that it would be permanent in 2024

Also recall someone posting that the color would get changed again in 2024 before it became permanent in 2024

Guess neither of those are happening

It was only planned as an alternate. I think fans of the Kelly Green have been trying to manifest it being permanent by speaking it into existence. :D

I don't know about color changes. But I do know it's better than the neon mess they tried in 2008 (was that the year? Celek, Jackson, etc. era).

21 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

The (alleged) Kelly Green they wore last year was not the same color they used to wear. I was sickened when I saw them. 

It's funny how people think men don't know the difference in colors when their wives are picking paint samples and such, but the tiniest difference in their football team uniform all of a sudden we're great at noticing differences in color hue and shade. :lol:

At least it's better than the neon mess they tried in 2008. They should have never gone to midnight green. They should have updated the core Kelly Green over the years with minor tweaks in the logo, font, accent colors, etc.

If I had to choose: I'll take last year's Kelly Green over Midnight Green easily. I don't care if it's not 10000% perfectly spot on as the 90s jerseys. These new ones look clean and have a modern update to them. They looked great and I was bummed seeing them go back to Midnight green. The fans embraced it, buying up all the merch too. 

One argument previously was they looked too much like the Jets, so they can keep Kelly Green (or close to it) with some design tweaks to still stand out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

It was only planned as an alternate. I think fans of the Kelly Green have been trying to manifest it being permanent by speaking it into existence. :D

I don't know about color changes. But I do know it's better than the neon mess they tried in 2008 (was that the year? Celek, Jackson, etc. era).

2010. It was the 50th year anniversary of the last championship team. And they were cursed because they ended Weavers career and gave Kolb scrambled eggs for brains.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

2010. It was the 50th year anniversary of the last championship team. And they were cursed because they ended Weavers career and gave Kolb scrambled eggs for brains.

Thanks, all I could remember was the core offensive players at that time. 

Bummer reminder about Weaver. :sad:

13 minutes ago, NOTW said:

It's funny how people think men don't know the difference in colors when their wives are picking paint samples and such, but the tiniest difference in their football team uniform all of a sudden we're great at noticing differences in color hue and shade. :lol:

At least it's better than the neon mess they tried in 2008. They should have never gone to midnight green. They should have updated the core Kelly Green over the years with minor tweaks in the logo, font, accent colors, etc.

If I had to choose: I'll take last year's Kelly Green over Midnight Green easily. I don't care if it's not 10000% perfectly spot on as the 90s jerseys. These new ones look clean and have a modern update to them. They looked great and I was bummed seeing them go back to Midnight green. The fans embraced it, buying up all the merch too. 

One argument previously was they looked too much like the Jets, so they can keep Kelly Green (or close to it) with some design tweaks to still stand out.

Its not that men can't tell, but men generally don't care.   My wife asked me what my opinion was for the living room.  I said, whatever you like.   She picked... I painted.   She hated it when she saw it on the wall.  To her, the color was too 'celery' compared to what she wanted which was more 'sagey'.   So... I waited 3 years... and let her try again.   She picked a blue color this time and ended up liking the color... so much so that when we redid the kitchen/dining room, and got them repainted, she had the living room repainted the exact same color again.   And... what were my thoughts?   I didn't care, as long as she was happy with it.   And by not sharing an opinion on the original living room color, it wasn't my fault that she ended up with a color she didn't like.     Now she likes all the colors on the first floor of the house, and I am off the hook.   Frankly, it doesn't matter to me what color the walls are in the house.

BUT... if she wanted to paint a room with an Eagles' theme, then I would have very strong opinions.   Similarly, when we were picking out cabinets for the kitchen in the remodel, I didn't care about the color... but I cared about being able to see wood grain (yeah, I'm funny that way, I want wood cabinets to look like wood), and they had to have the correct 'feel' to them so that they felt like finished wood and not have a plasticy feel to it.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Its not that men can't tell, but men generally don't care.   My wife asked me what my opinion was for the living room.  I said, whatever you like.   She picked... I painted.   She hated it when she saw it on the wall.  To her, the color was too 'celery' compared to what she wanted which was more 'sagey'.   So... I waited 3 years... and let her try again.   She picked a blue color this time and ended up liking the color... so much so that when we redid the kitchen/dining room, and got them repainted, she had the living room repainted the exact same color again.   And... what were my thoughts?   I didn't care, as long as she was happy with it.   And by not sharing an opinion on the original living room color, it wasn't my fault that she ended up with a color she didn't like.     Now she likes all the colors on the first floor of the house, and I am off the hook.   Frankly, it doesn't matter to me what color the walls are in the house.

BUT... if she wanted to paint a room with an Eagles' theme, then I would have very strong opinions.   Similarly, when we were picking out cabinets for the kitchen in the remodel, I didn't care about the color... but I cared about being able to see wood grain (yeah, I'm funny that way, I want wood cabinets to look like wood), and they had to have the correct 'feel' to them so that they felt like finished wood and not have a plasticy feel to it.

Me too. Our domicile is almost all wood and leather. And no, it does not feel like a man-cave.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'd be in to have Miles backup Saquon again.

I have nothing against Miles, nor do I have a problem with our current RB room. We'll only keep 3 RBs active at any time and Sanders doesn't play on special teams. Gainwell is on the last year of his rookie contract and Shipley will be cheap for a few years. 

If something happens to Barkley before the season, that would be the only real reason to consider Sanders. I don't see Sanders having a hard time finding a new home. Any team with a competent offense can get good production from him. 

1 hour ago, Texas Eagle said:

Should’ve traded for Dejounte Murray

The thing thats gonna be tough for the 6ers is that players are rarely ever traded for just picks. We have no players under contract to trade. Just picks.

I wouldnt mind Murray. I think there is potential there that we saw in his San Antonio days waiting to be re-discovered with the right coach, right team, right situation.

But for now, I think Ive talked myself in to Ingram as our best/most realistic scenario. IF we can outbid other teams who can send draft picks AND players. Which could be very tricky.

Sanchez is really really growing up.   Beast mode tonight.

And a nod to Rojas coming up and using his speed as a weapon like we've wanted since he first came into the system.  Literally stole a run from the Fish tonight.   Stretched a single into a double because the opposing CF was lazy running in on his ground ball up the middle... and then took third on a WP that was barely away from the catcher.   And finally, a Sac fly gets the run home.   Nice effort from him and he's going to have to play like that to help the team with Schwarber and Harper out now in addition to Realmuto still on IL.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

ESP on WIP saying players should be able to make sports bets.  Incoherent argument that players can't impact the game as much as refs.

• Like 1