EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

15 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

You think there is supposed to be a point?  Nah.  Just a "look at me'.  No point.

Well that and $$$. He's already translated it into multiple NIL partnerships in college. We all may think it's dumb but it's a potentially very lucrative thing for these young players to do. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Far from ideal to pay this max contract to a 36 year old player.

But it was the only move this summer, as we come towards the end of Embiid's prime. You couldnt just punt till next summer and hope someone else was available then, and waste another consecutive year of Embiid's prime.

I cant stand Morey but so far this offseason is going as well as it possibly could have. He got his guy. And he still has all of the draft picks. Theres a non-0 chance that he can still land Markkanen with the cap space they have left, and the picks they have.

Or he can keep those picks, and trade for a 4 man like DFS who would be a perfect fit. 

There are still veteran minimum signings to come as well. This team will be vastly improved form last years.

He’s 34.

• Like 2

If you click on the tweet to read the whole thing it sort of explains how they can still take on another pretty large salary. 

31 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Well that and $$$. He's already translated it into multiple NIL partnerships in college. We all may think it's dumb but it's a potentially very lucrative thing for these young players to do. 

It is dumb.  The fact that anyone tunes in to watch the nothingness that it is is dramatically dumber.   They are profiting from stupidity.  Good for them, but the videos themselves provide nothing of value for the viewer.  There's no point to them.

56 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It is dumb.  The fact that anyone tunes in to watch the nothingness that it is is dramatically dumber.   They are profiting from stupidity.  Good for them, but the videos themselves provide nothing of value for the viewer.  There's no point to them.

Sports provided nothing either, it’s just entertainment. Don’t be so old. 

Guarantee you’ll see Maxey or Embiid in one of those videos soon. 

3 hours ago, RLC said:

Paying that to Paul George, who is not a winner. Great job Morey!

It was the best move for them to make.  They are in win now mode with the tail end of Embiid's prime and Paul George is a great fit eith Embiid and Maxey.  Also being able to sign him without trading any of their assets is a huge benefit.  Won't be a pretty situation in the last year or two of this deal but that doesn't matter because this deal is all about this season amd next trying to win a title.

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I dunno, I thought he's cuticle trimming video was pretty helpf...er...I mean yeah I agree. Super dumb :unsure:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DEagle7 said:

So you do a stupid dance for 5 seconds and people pay you for it?

3 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Indirectly. People with a lot of followers get paid to advertise/promote/model etc products to their followers. Usually these influencers find a niche to corner.  For him it seems like fashion/beauty products.

Don't hate the player, hate the game 🤷

22 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

It's basically like being a stripper 

• Haha 1

Watching the Olympic Trial for T&F.  The Eagles WR Allen was absent for the Men Hurdle race.  Thought he would participate in the trial to make the Olympic team for Paris.  He is not on the off-season roster either.  Guess he has something better to do than these 2.

56 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

And get other people to comment on it as if it matters.

8 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

Watching the Olympic Trial for T&F.  The Eagles WR Allen was absent for the Men Hurdle race.  Thought he would participate in the trial to make the Olympic team for Paris.  He is not on the off-season roster either.  Guess he has something better to do than these 2.

He tore his ACL during practice late last season. He's only 6 or so months removed so probably still rehabbing. 

• Like 1

Yeah morey really had to do some work there. Being one of only 2 teams that could give George what he wanted don't know how morey pulled that off! 

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I’ve seen @Bwestbrook36 do this dance when someone finally responds to his hairy men only tickle party Craig’s list ads. 

• Haha 3

Jets "unlikely" to give LB Hassan Reddick an extension before start of season

The New York Jets are "unlikely" to sign linebacker Hassan Reddick to a contract extension before the start of the season according to Zack Rosenblatt of The Athletic.

Reddick hasn’t done much with the Jets since the team acquired him from the Eagles in a trade this offseason. He skipped out on OTAs and mandatory minicamp earlier this offseason and could be at risk of holding out if a new deal isn’t reached before training camp. Reddick made it known earlier this year that he wanted a new contract from the Eagles before he was traded, making the Jets’ decision to acquire but not extend him a bit of an odd one.

Reddick has totaled 27 sacks over his last two seasons with the Eagles and has been one of the league’s premiere pass rushers over the last four seasons. Set to turn 30 shortly after the start of the season, Reddick will earn $14.25 million on the final year of his deal.

Eagles CB Zech McPhearson expected to take part in Training Camp

An Achilles tear kept Zech McPhearson off the field for the entire 2023 season. The fourth-year Eagles corner has successfully rehabbed the injury, though, and he should be available when training camp starts in July, Adam La Rose of Pro Football Rumors reports.

McPhearson indicated in April that he was on track to suit up for the start of the regular season, so this latest update comes as little surprise. Still, a return to full health would be a welcomed development to an Eagles secondary which struggled last season and has seen a number of new arrivals. Philadelphia’s special teams will also be bolstered by McPhearson’s return.

"I’m 100 percent, man,” the 26-year-old said (via Inside the Birds’ Andrew DiCecco). "I’m just glad to be back. My body’s feeling good, I’m feeling good. I just wanna go out there and compete. I got so much built up inside me. I got a chip on my shoulder. It’s a lot going on outside, but I block out all that noise.”

McPhearson missed OTAs and minicamp due to his rehab, but taking part in training camp will set him up for a return to action this fall. The former fourth-rounder made 33 regular season appearances across his first two Eagles campaigns, taking part in four playoff contests during that time. He logged only a rotational defensive role in that stretch, but he could serve as a familiar slot corner option behind returnee Avonte Maddox in 2024. McPhearson has also worked as a backup on the perimeter, though the Eagles have a pair of rookies (Quinyon Mitchell and Cooper DeJean) capable of handling that role.

18 minutes ago, pangbun said:

Jets "unlikely" to give LB Hassan Reddick an extension before start of season

The New York Jets are "unlikely" to sign linebacker Hassan Reddick to a contract extension before the start of the season according to Zack Rosenblatt of The Athletic.

Reddick hasn’t done much with the Jets since the team acquired him from the Eagles in a trade this offseason. He skipped out on OTAs and mandatory minicamp earlier this offseason and could be at risk of holding out if a new deal isn’t reached before training camp. Reddick made it known earlier this year that he wanted a new contract from the Eagles before he was traded, making the Jets’ decision to acquire but not extend him a bit of an odd one.

Reddick has totaled 27 sacks over his last two seasons with the Eagles and has been one of the league’s premiere pass rushers over the last four seasons. Set to turn 30 shortly after the start of the season, Reddick will earn $14.25 million on the final year of his deal.

That trade looks better every day.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

I’ve seen @Bwestbrook36 do this dance when someone finally responds to his hairy men only tickle party Craig’s list ads. 

Yo those are some sick moves! 

• Haha 2