EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

47 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Never heard of a crust offs but, either way it's insane. Actors , athletes, adults of all kinds are obsessed with them too. My one friend's kid will only eat uncrustables and that is it and I mean no other food just those all day everyday lol.

I enjoy how you say making a PB &J from scratch lol. Like you baked the bread and crushed the peanuts and sheet lol

Nothing to laugh about with this, sadly.    I just had a 16 year old student who missed the end of the school year because he had to be hospitalized due to his super limited diet.   He only ate 5 things, literally, FIVE.  (He refused pizza for the end of year pizza party.).  His parents realized it was a problem when he asked them to not go to a party, because he was embarrassed that he'd have nothing for himself to eat.  Ultimately, this seemingly healthy kid (baseball player, honors student, well adjusted young man from all appearances) needed to be hospitalized and have his entire diet overhauled when he had a heart rate of 40 beats per minute and they did a deeper study and found that some of his organs had started to shut down due to the lack of proper nutrition.   He's out now, but for a while there, it was pretty scary.  He had to be reintroduced to other foods and was on an 'Ensure' diet in addition to regular foods.  

Seriously, its a bigger concern that you'd think it would be.  It is now classified and something to consider with some folks who seem very limited in their diet choices.   Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID).  If they choose the wrong foods as the ones they are willing to eat.  This looks like a 'short-term' case, as it seems he's been scared into widening his tolerance for other foods, but it was an illuminative experience about what constitutes an 'Eating disorder'.  

It's likely not a big deal with a toddler, but the diet will need to expand at some point.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RLC said:

I very much appreciate the Giants trying to fire Saquon up even more.

Let's try to look at this from their perspective... what's the payoff for them to release this?  There has to be a positive in their view to put this out there. 

Maybe to let their fanbase know that this was a calculated decision, and not a surprising turn of events... 🤔.  Not sure that helps.  

9 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Nothing to laugh about with this, sadly.    I just had a 16 year old student who missed the end of the school year because he had to be hospitalized due to his super limited diet.   He only ate 5 things, literally, FIVE.  (He refused pizza for the end of year pizza party.).  His parents realized it was a problem when he asked them to not go to a party, because he was embarrassed that he'd have nothing for himself to eat.  Ultimately, this seemingly healthy kid (baseball player, honors student, well adjusted young man from all appearances) needed to be hospitalized and have his entire diet overhauled when he had a heart rate of 40 beats per minute and they did a deeper study and found that some of his organs had started to shut down due to the lack of proper nutrition.   He's out now, but for a while there, it was pretty scary.  He had to be reintroduced to other foods and was on an 'Ensure' diet in addition to regular foods.  

Seriously, its a bigger concern that you'd think it would be.  It is now classified and something to consider with some folks who seem very limited in their diet choices.   Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID).  If they choose the wrong foods as the ones they are willing to eat.  This looks like a 'short-term' case, as it seems he's been scared into widening his tolerance for other foods, but it was an illuminative experience about what constitutes an 'Eating disorder'.  

It's likely not a big deal with a toddler, but the diet will need to expand at some point.

Wow, that is a terrible story. I'm glad it looks like he is going to get through this. Thank you for sharing this. Hopefully my friend realizes this at some point, I've never really talked to her about it 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Never heard of a crust offs but, either way it's insane. Actors , athletes, adults of all kinds are obsessed with them too. My one friend's kid will only eat uncrustables and that is it and I mean no other food just those all day everyday lol.

I enjoy how you say making a PB &J from scratch lol. Like you baked the bread and crushed the peanuts and sheet lol

Sometimes we use homemade bread :unsure:

1 hour ago, paco said:

Sometimes we use homemade bread :unsure:

Did you mill the grain yourself?

Did you grow the grain yourself?

It's hardly from scratch if you didn't!   Come on now. 

giphy.gif

34 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well damn, you win this round lol

No worries, I got you!

• Haha 3

I hear they are holding a big rally at the Philadelphia Art Museum tomorrow night to support Howard Eskin and protest him being banned from Phillies and Sixers games.  They are expecting a huge turnout. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Did you mill the grain yourself?

Did you grow the grain yourself?

It's hardly from scratch if you didn't!   Come on now. 

giphy.gif

No worries, I got you!

I personally didn’t inseminate the wheat to create the seeds to plant in our farm to make the sammich, no. 

2 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Saints/Eagles playoff game from 2014 on NFLN now. Nice to be reminded how much I hated Patrick Chung. 

That Riley Cooper drop...

9 minutes ago, RLC said:

And the Cary Williams horse collar on Sproles on the kickoff which put them at midfield. 

1 hour ago, paco said:

I personally didn’t inseminate the wheat to create the seeds to plant in our farm to make the sammich, no. 

Missing the best part, IMO.

8 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Let's try to look at this from their perspective... what's the payoff for them to release this?  There has to be a positive in their view to put this out there. 

Maybe to let their fanbase know that this was a calculated decision, and not a surprising turn of events... 🤔.  Not sure that helps.  

Was this the clip from Hard Knocks? Or something else?

16 hours ago, NOTW said:

The one topic that never needs a bump. Good call.

it was obviously a joke  - this board doesn't work like that.  there aren't threads at risk of being deleted.  but there was 12 or so hours without a post.  so, funny, or not.

12 hours ago, RLC said:

It hit him in the hands in stride and he had acres to run into.

The other play in that Saints game is Henery missing a 48 yard field goal but like not even close, it would've missed from inside 40 it was so bad.

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

image.gif.a0500d9f213d6323edff6c57aca1f8cc.gif

This song was playing during the parade this morning. I seemed to be the only weirdo who knew the words to it.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

This song was playing during the parade this morning. I seemed to be the only weirdo who knew the words to it.

Sounds like you’re in a town with a bunch of weirdos 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

No surprise here with the strained relationship he has with #Sixers. The #Eagles are obviously the most interesting domino

NBC10 Philadelphia

@NBCPhiladelphia
·
23h
#BREAKING UPDATE: Philly sports personality Howard Eskin is now banned from the Sixers training facility after being barred from Citizens Bank Park for the remainder of the Phillies season for an "unwelcome kiss" toward an Aramark worker, the teams said: http://on.nbc10.com/1lqb7R8

Funny, McMullen pondering an Eagles suspension of a "journalist”.