EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

Has anyone mentioned the Brotherly Shove yet? :unsure:

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Whose seat is hotter? 

- Sirianni 

- Hurts 

Sirianni. Hurts contract makes him completely safe. He's on the roster through 2026 at a minimum.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, B3 said:

Has anyone mentioned the Brotherly Shove yet? :unsure:

Never heard of it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Whose seat is hotter? 

- Sirianni 

- Hurts 

Nakobe Dean...................axe man jr comin brah

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

maybe. are you comparing people with identical 40 times and getting all different 10 and 20 yard times. 

yes

The Seahawks' medical staff didn't clear Fautanu, which is interesting. A 23 year old OL with knee issues is scary. But man his film was great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Whose seat is hotter? 

- Sirianni 

- Hurts 

Sirianni. We can’t get rid of Hurts even if we wanted to.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TEW said:

Sirianni. We can’t get rid of Hurts even if we wanted to.

Even James Jones on SPEAK was like Hurts can't carry a team. He's not the guy but Nick is gone after this year.

2 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Whose seat is hotter? 

- Sirianni 

- Hurts 

Agreed with the others. Easily Nick

I think it hopefully worked out best for the Eagles, as long as they're able to find a franchise OT by the time Lane hangs em up. I preferred Mims to Fautanu, but Fautanu wouldn't have been a dumb selection. But in the moment I was hoping they wouldn't trade up for him for the simple fact that I didn't want to be worrying about whether or not this guy was going to drop off in 5 years and after any bad game or bad stretch have to wonder if it's a chronic knee thing affecting his play. Too many years of Embiid injuries has given me PTSD.

But at least for 2024 we can feel good that they addressed both an immediate need and premium positions(CB) and finally have some long-term promise in the back 7 for the first time in years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

I think it hopefully worked out best for the Eagles, as long as they're able to find a franchise OT by the time Lane hangs em up. I preferred Mims to Fautanu, but Fautanu wouldn't have been a dumb selection. But in the moment I was hoping they wouldn't trade up for him for the simple fact that I didn't want to be worrying about whether or not this guy was going to drop off in 5 years and after any bad game or bad stretch have to wonder if it's a chronic knee thing affecting his play. Too many years of Embiid injuries has given me PTSD.

Our draft class is fairly healthy. DeJean had a one-off broken leg, but Ainias Smith had a fractured left shin during the combine.

23 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Even James Jones on SPEAK was like Hurts can't carry a team. He's not the guy but Nick is gone after this year.

James Jones is an idiot who thought Justin Fields was an elite QB.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, RLC said:

Our draft class is fairly healthy. DeJean had a one-off broken leg, but Ainias Smith had a fractured left shin during the combine.

Smith was Louis Riddick's favorite non Mitchell or DeJean Eagles pick.

Spike Eskin having a total meltdown on WIP.  Yelling at callers saying it's his show and they can't call in and criticize him.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Spike Eskin having a total meltdown on WIP.  Yelling at callers saying it's his show and they can't call in and criticize him.

He's even more thin-skinned than his pappy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He's even more thin-skinned than his pappy.

Howard wasn't thin skinned.  He just would only let on the morons and would speak down to them.  

Lmao Jack already has some drops pulled from Spike's meltdown

Go UH. Stick it to Amy Adams Strunk. Lost any rights to HTown blue when Daddy ripped the Oilers from Houston.  NFL would be nuts to sue UH.  They may want to look at the Texan uniforms. UH used dark blue, black and certainly red and white before the Texans.  UH stripes really not that different over the years from what the Oilers used.  There are teams around Houston and certainly the HPD that use HTown blue.   The fact that some Oilers fan of old might think that UH is perhaps trolling Amy for refusing to let the Texans use Oilers retro gear and then ridiculously used it in Nashville, well let that naive UH alum have his daydream.

https://sports.yahoo.com/university-of-houston-blowing-off-nfls-cease-and-desist-about-oilers-like-uniform-were-doing-it-180043039.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&segment_id&ncid=crm_19908-1202929-20240502-0&bt_user_id=t1VU%2B80hT2g76WUcFynQfivhvF9U631B6ck8W38WDzd4Gz4cErvPKWAMCAJDp5z5&bt_ts=1714655034785

Spike is thin skinned, but if this stops people like Black Gritty from calling in, I'm all for it. He's absolutely terrible, and he thinks he owns the radio station. Calling in 3 times per day, completely unintelligible and Spike calls him out one time and he hangs up. It goes both ways. They creates a culture where callers are never called out on their BS no matter what they say, the floor is completely theirs. It's where the AJ Brown nonsense started. We had callers calling in calling AJ Brown a cancer without pushback and then from there WIP took the narrative and ran with it and then once WIP ran with it, it made national headlines. But the seed that started it all was nonsense callers. If Spike is going to call them out on their crap, then that's a breath of fresh air to me.

9 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Spike is thin skinned, but if this stops people like Black Gritty from calling in, I'm all for it. He's absolutely terrible, and he thinks he owns the radio station. Calling in 3 times per day, completely unintelligible and Spike calls him out one time and he hangs up. It goes both ways. They creates a culture where callers are never called out on their BS no matter what they say, the floor is completely theirs. It's where the AJ Brown nonsense started. We had callers calling in calling AJ Brown a cancer without pushback and then from there WIP took the narrative and ran with it and then once WIP ran with it, it made national headlines. But the seed that started it all was nonsense callers. If Spike is going to call them out on their crap, then that's a breath of fresh air to me.

Let's not kid ourselves.  WIP hosts were the creators and driving force of the anti-AJ movement.

4 hours ago, just relax said:

Much appreciation for you, sir!

He's got freaky tools in his body 

2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Wonder who they were trying to trade up for. My guess is Fautanu.

It is possible it could've been Mitchell though given Jags had pick 17 and many people projected them to go CB.

Really believe it was for Fautanu 

Glad Eagles didn't overthink it this year and drafted defense early and often and not chase down offensive line per the usual. Should have seen the blueprint of the Chiefs and duplicate what they did a couple of years ago with a defense heavy draft that literally changed their trajectory after losing Tyreek. They were about to take a step back. That team has won because of their improved defense the last 2 years. This team's top ranked offense won't get on the field, if the defense allows 8 to 10 minute drives consistently.

Also, needed to stop the short term deals in key positions to older vets and commit to hungry younger guys. Now we have a nice core on both sides of the ball that on paper should be developed with our new brilliant coordinators that are on board. Eagles did a nice job of taking the stink off from last year. Feel pretty optimistic here that we will represent the NFC in the Superbowl next year. There will be growing pains early next year, but by playoff time, I expect them to be peaking.

14 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Really believe it was for Fautanu 

100%. 

I don't doubt Howie is happy with Mitchell. We all said it pre-draft that as long we got a blue-chipper, and not a Verse/Robinson/Guyton the 1st round was a success. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

Jones is a Cowboys nut rider. I don't really listen to much he has to say.