EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, RLC said:

The Seahawks' medical staff didn't clear Fautanu, which is interesting. A 23 year old OL with knee issues is scary. But man his film was great.

Might explain why we didn't go up and grab him.  

8 minutes ago, bitbased said:

Jones is a Cowboys nut rider. I don't really listen to much he has to say.

To be fair, he's pretty par for the course at FS1. I'm not sure why anyone watches this lineup. Carton (convicted felon), Bayless (pathetic troll who is now an afterthought on his own show), Cowherd (documented boob), Wright (heir apparent to Bayless as moronic troll) and Acho (idiot who tries to sound smart). ESPN sucks and is light years better than this garbage.

I think Howie had a plan to trade up to #16, but when the first 14 players off the board were all offense and #15 was Latu, the need to trade up evaporated.  He said they had first round grades on 24 guys -- and somehow I doubt someone like Bo Nix was among them.  If you still have 5-6 guys you're comfortable taking at #22 the choice to stay put becomes obvious.

I do wonder if Howie wanted Mims. He fits the profile that they love, but I do wonder if they would have taken an OL in round 1 who wouldn't play at all for 2 years. And not just take one but trade up for one. If it was for OL it had to have been Fautanu or Mims though all the others were gone.

But now that the draft is over, this is the most dead period of the offseason. It's a long slog until training camp and then the  regular season. The NFL is the best and it has the longest offseason. We've already been in the offseason for almost 3 months and the time remaining from now until opening day is how long the offseasons are in other sports. The NBA and NHL end in June and begin in October. MLB offseason is a tad longer than that.

Early votes on:

Most improved NFL team

NFL team that got worse

Worst team in the NFL in 2024

Early picks for me

Most improved: Bears. If Harbaugh totally changes the culture with the Chargers I could see them being there too.

NFL team that got worse: Cowboys. At least on paper.

Worst NFL team 2024: I'll say Raiders. I think them and the Broncos are going to be really bad.

I think if they traded up the move what have been for Fuaga not Fautanu.  This is what DJ said

NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah on a Jeff Stoutland-type offensive tackle: "If you're asking me who the Stout guys are in this draft, Fuaga would be way up there. I don't think that he's going to be in their mix. "If we're looking at the reasonable guys that they could have a shot at, Latham, Mims, and Guyton. I think all three of those guys have exceptional physical traits. They're all enormous and long. And by all accounts are coachable.

Nate Wiggins signed, so Mitchell and Arnold will probably follow soon. Though with the wage scale it doesn’t matter all that much

7 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Nate Wiggins signed, so Mitchell and Arnold will probably follow soon. Though with the wage scale it doesn’t matter all that much

Howie sleeping.

30 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

No idea why Howie didn't just grab that CAR trade offer for #39 and 65.  Basically cost him 13 spots in the order.

Wonder if they did get 65 if they would have traded back again anyway or took a guy like Beebe or Brandon Coleman. Feels like they wanted to add picks next year as a priority.

23 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I refuse to believe any of these teams give any sort of consideration to the mock drafts/big boards out there on the internet.  Unless this tweet is referring to aggregating the various big boards of scouts and GM within a single organization.  

18 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

No idea why Howie didn't just grab that CAR trade offer for #39 and 65.  Basically cost him 13 spots in the order.

I don't think there was a real offer in play.  I saw that as Howie constructing his version of what the deal would look like in his head.  He's looking at the walls and speaking hesitantly, not with certainty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I hate the thought of this but I wonder how long it will be before the Linc is considered 100% obsolete by todays NFL and the worlds event standards and a new domed facility is built. You have to think it's only a mater of time before Jeff Lurie says that's enough, our stadium needs to be a year-round venue. His is way too smart of an owner to just sit on his hands and let other cities have the advantage of bidding on year-round events. I never thought I'd see a day where the Bears and Browns were building domes. Those are OUTSIDE teams and the elements are half the advantage, but here we are. I hope it never happens and the Linc is here for another 25 years and we have outdoor Eagles football on natural grass forever. 

7 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I don't think there was a real offer in play.  I saw that as Howie constructing his version of what the deal would look like in his head.  He's looking at the walls and speaking hesitantly, not with certainty.

You're correct; on second view he's calculating what a move up to #39 would cost.  I thought he was on the phone with CAR after, but it was WAS for sure.

57 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

When did we, the white delegation, adopt the phrase "Let's Go" to showcase our emotions? I don't remember signing off on that but it's all I hear.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I hate the thought of this but I wonder how long it will be before the Linc is considered 100% obsolete by todays NFL and the worlds event standards and a new domed facility is built. You have to think it's only a mater of time before Jeff Lurie says that's enough, our stadium needs to be a year-round venue. His is way too smart of an owner to just sit on his hands and let other cities have the advantage of bidding on year-round events. I never thought I'd see a day where the Bears and Browns were building domes. Those are OUTSIDE teams and the elements are half the advantage, but here we are. I hope it never happens and the Linc is here for another 25 years and we have outdoor Eagles football on natural grass forever. 

Lurie said they have 9 or so years left on their lease. 

• Like 1

Just now, bpac55 said:

When did we, the white delegation, adopt the phrase "Let's Go" to showcase our emotions? I don't remember signing off on that but it's all I hear.

Thank TB12

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Thank TB12

You know, that makes sense. I was watching the Florida Gators documentary on Netflix and saw the Roast of TB and he screams it for the promo. Thanks Tom.

7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I never thought I'd see a day where the Bears and Browns were building domes. Those are OUTSIDE teams and the elements are half the advantage, but here we are. I hope it never happens and the Linc is here for another 25 years and we have outdoor Eagles football on natural grass forever. 

It was an advantage for the Bears, but that was a different era and the game was played differently.  The elements are a big reason why CHI has never been able to develop a great QB.  Now that NFL football at the highest level is a track meet, the teams built around the running game and stout defense are lagging behind.  

6 hours ago, garingovt2000 said:

Keep seeing draft grades where multiple people have compared DeJean to Minkah Fitzpatrick so obviously had to do a RAS compare and turns out they are pretty comparable.  Even have same 10/20 splits and 40 time, same arm length, same bench.  only difference is jumping ability from what is listed. 

image.jpeg.96dc42999e2aeabdbd232375e75b5866.jpeg

Would love if he turns out as good as Minkah 

Only difference seems to be vertical jump - which resulted in a substantial difference in the total score, maybe a little exaggerated even though jump is key. 

5 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Whose seat is hotter? 

- Sirianni 

- Hurts 

Stock up draft picks for Manning in 2 years

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

It was an advantage for the Bears, but that was a different era and the game was played differently.  The elements are a big reason why CHI has never been able to develop a great QB.  Now that NFL football at the highest level is a track meet, the teams built around the running game and stout defense are lagging behind.  

Yea, I know...it just seems wrong to me. Then again, Walter Payton played most of, or all of his career in Chicago on Astroturf which seems even worse.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

So hyped dawg