EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

That draft video should have been about 20 minutes longer. Use footage from formal meetings at the combine, more footage of trade negotiations. They didn’t even include Keegan, Wilson and McMahon getting picked. 

A few takeaways…

The video was awesome, and the Eagles should do more of this. Let the scouts talk!

An aside, is that I think Keegan has a real shot if Steen struggles. Keegan is not a clear Stoutland pick, but Stout clear signed off on him + he has the backing of guys in the building. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Another thought on draft pick trading...

Let's use DeJean as example.  For simplicity, let's say the Eagles had him rated as the 25th best player on their board.  Day 2 rolls around and for pick #40, Washington is asking for compensation equivalent to pick #35. 

Is it correct to spend #35 resources for the 25th best player on your board, even if you're are seemingly overpaying for the draft pick to acquire him?

If I say yes, does that mean I have to be OK with the Rams’ trade up for Fiske?

2 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

It was an advantage for the Bears, but that was a different era and the game was played differently.  The elements are a big reason why CHI has never been able to develop a great QB.  Now that NFL football at the highest level is a track meet, the teams built around the running game and stout defense are lagging behind.  

Green Bay didn't seem to have a problem developing Quarterbacks and they're further north.

I would love to see a team post a draft video that shows them getting repeatedly sniped for targets and the GM throwing an office chair across the room. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, ManuManu said:

I would love to see a team post a draft video that shows them getting repeatedly sniped for targets and the GM throwing an office chair across the room. 

Bobby Knight was an NFL GM?

:blink: 

bob-knight-chair.gif

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

May I introduce you to the 2014 NFL draft?

So Howie talked about trading up and said something along the lines of "it might not get us our first guy…” Who do we think the other trade up target(s) was/were?

Newton? McKinstry?

If anyone has the athletic still this sounds like an interesting read 

Hennessy already changed his number. Assumption here is Becton wanted 77

14 minutes ago, RLC said:

May I introduce you to the 2014 NFL draft?

That would be great. The footage of Howie promising Chip that a player would fall while Chip is seething in the background. Once Cooks gets picked, Chip quietly places a call to team security to start packing up Howie’s things in boxes and orders them to toss them to the curb. Lurie is pleading with him to stop, and they agree to a compromise of banishing Howie across the building. 

55 minutes ago, DoWorx said:

Howie is hyped in these vids. Like he either took too much Adderall or not enough Adderall. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

That draft video should have been about 20 minutes longer. Use footage from formal meetings at the combine, more footage of trade negotiations. They didn’t even include Keegan, Wilson and McMahon getting picked. 

A few takeaways…

* The Eagles were talking as high as 34 to get DeJean. When the Rams traded up for Fiske, the Eagles assumed it was for DeJean. Love the excitement when they saw it was for an old-arse DT. 

* Cool seeing the red star meeting and hearing the scouts go to bat for the players they like.

* Howie seemed pretty excited to to be able to lock up Smith and Trotter.

They could've added an extra five minutes with all of Wilson's drops

Just now, DEagle7 said:

Howie is hyped in these vids. Like he either took too much Adderall or not enough Adderall. 

He could've shared some

1 hour ago, RLC said:

I think DeJean can be an outside CB, but that's a waste of his ability. Put him at STAR and thrive

STAR?

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I think he made the right pick.   Mitchell was the best option at 22.   If they trade back... maybe they get Arnold... or maybe they get jumped by the Ravens who went for Wiggins, and the Eagles are left with Wiggins instead.   Yes, nice to have that 3rd rounder, but it's better to have your top choice at CB.

I think that the right way to look at it. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

One of my favorite players when he was coming in to the league. Eagles are really doing their due diligence with returners. 

8 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Sirianni could get fired after an 0-4 start.  

Of course it’s Sirianni that has the ‘hotter’ seat.  Anyone saying Hurts doesn’t really believe that it’s Hurts…they are saying it to just say it.  Or they’re just dumb lol 

To be honest, I don’t think Sirianni’s seat is even all that hot…not as hot as some in the media think anyway (for right or wrong).

3 hours ago, mattwill said:

STAR?

S/LB hybrid or a Nickel that holds up really well against the run.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

So Howie talked about trading up and said something along the lines of "it might not get us our first guy…” Who do we think the other trade up target(s) was/were?

Newton? McKinstry?

Probably. Could've also been Jackson Powers Johnson. Or Edgerrin Cooper. Though something tells me the latter less likely. With tons of other options I doubt they'd have had LB above other positions they value more.

I love this guy so much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2