EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

Maxey is such a fraud and his game 5 comeback wasn’t even real. He traveled. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, just relax said:

You quit early.

When you’re down close to 30 in an elimination game it’s a fair statement. Showing some heart which I appreciate.

3 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

When you’re down close to 30 in an elimination game it’s a fair statement. Showing some heart which I appreciate.

You quit early.

Hield, finally.

You quit early.

Are you on repeat

Danger zone now with embiid on bench 

2 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

Danger zone now with embiid on bench 

He's back already

Buddy has been bad since the all star break. But Im hoping this being his first playoffs ever, he just needed some games to realize what playoff basketball intensity is. And if he hits shots tonight, his confidence grows in this style of game. 

Lets hope it happens. And its not too little too late.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Are you on repeat

Yes. You quit early.

Yes. You quit early.

a few more times for good measure 

Just now, Texas Eagle said:

a few more times for good measure 

I think I’m done, and done with you.

• Like 2

This is the wide open, run and gun, chucking up 3's NBA.  A 1st half lead, even 20+ points isn't nothing.  

4 hours ago, ManuManu said:

That draft video should have been about 20 minutes longer. Use footage from formal meetings at the combine, more footage of trade negotiations. They didn’t even include Keegan, Wilson and McMahon getting picked. 

A few takeaways…

* The Eagles were talking as high as 34 to get DeJean. When the Rams traded up for Fiske, the Eagles assumed it was for DeJean. Love the excitement when they saw it was for an old-arse DT. 

* Cool seeing the red star meeting and hearing the scouts go to bat for the players they like.

* Howie seemed pretty excited to to be able to lock up Smith and Trotter.

Interesting that Keegan, Shipley, Trotter were all red star players.

Howie I think said in one of the PCs that they got 5 red-star players. I imagine its Smith and DeJean (but could be Mitchell and DeJean as well). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kiwieagle said:

Interesting that Keegan, Shipley, Trotter were all red star players.

Howie I think said in one of the PCs that they got 5 red-star players. I imagine its Smith and DeJean (but could be Mitchell and DeJean as well). 

I think one of the scouts said Smith’s name when they were going around. Are red star players only day 3 players?

2 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

I think one of the scouts said Smith’s name when they were going around. Are red star players only day 3 players?

No because Sidney Brown was one last year. In the video at the red star meeting they have clips of the three I mentioned being brought up.

Smith is mentioned by the scout in the video at the start of their Day 3 meeting when they are going position by position and mentioning names they like (Johnny Wilson) is also brought up then but its not just red start players at the time.

1 minute ago, kiwieagle said:

No because Sidney Brown was one last year. In the video at the red star meeting they have clips of the three I mentioned being brought up.

Smith is mentioned by the scout in the video at the start of their Day 3 meeting when they are going position by position and mentioning names they like (Johnny Wilson) is also brought up then but its not just red start players at the time.

Ah okay. Probably Mitchell then I would assume.

35 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Say something bad about Maxey now please. The reverse is working.

I’d say something about Tobiass but we both know that won’t do a damn thing 

• Haha 2

They are just screwing with us. No hope, there is hope, just kidding we're the 76ers and will suck in the 4th QT

Need Maxey  to show up at some stage of we are going to be to hold onto this lead

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

Need Maxey  to show up at some stage of we are going to be to hold onto this lead

Agreed but it’s nice to see other players stepping up. We’re going to need more than Embiid/Maxey to win game 7 and make some noise next series if they do. 

DeJean hanging with Dom on sideline