EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Obtuse if you didn’t see both as overtly political. They were. And we will probably see a lot of reactions to what will happen on Sunday from all sides of the political spectrum. 

I was not going anywhere near politics with my initial post.  I was clearly stating I'm not looking forward to having more of the same that we have seen for the last 4-6 months.  It's the one of the biggest reasons I'm not excited for the season.  Not everything is political.  I turn the channel when any political ad comes on. I don't want to hear it.

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Purely made a statement of what I'm not looking forward to.  No mention of anything else.  There's no denying all of the underlying issues going on right now but it's been nothing but Covid for 6 months or riots/protests for 4 months followed by every celebrity and professional athlete telling us how they feel on both and what the rest of us normal Americans need to do to fix the issues.

But if you want to bring kneeling vs standing in to it I think the NFL has gone above and beyond to meet players SJ demands.  For goodness sakes the field is going to say "End Racism", helmets are going to have the names of black victims,  coaches are going to be wearing messages, they are going to be airing stories of black people throughout the games,  along with countless other things not to mention the monetary donations made.  

That is quite the list of things being done, yet players are going to kneel, even being encouraged by Goodell to do so.  

Excellent- do more until things change.

10 minutes ago, MediterraneanDiet said:

Excellent- do more until things change.

this approach wont produce the change they want

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

this approach wont produce the change they want

Its the change we should all want.

3 minutes ago, MediterraneanDiet said:

Its the change we should all want.

cliches dont help

change will have to significant within the black community before society at large will adapt perceptions. that's just the reality of human nature. humans form opinions based on their experiences. For example, the violence/non-violence issue alone is a huge threat to any "progress". i place it in quotes b/c it everyone will define that differently.

17 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Just to clarify I have no idea but if I’m right I’m going to act like I have inside sources.

I think they sign Rodgers after Week 1 since they can’t get him in time to play week 1 anyway. Glenn is the only real option to sign and play next Sunday unless they just promote someone from the PS. 

Sounds familiar

14 hours ago, vaeagle2 said:

jjaw will have a td longer then 35yds book it

Hope Carson has an hour and a half for him to get open deep

DVRing the game. Will watch later and skip the kneeling. Sorry if you guys view it as political but it's horseshit. Also will speed through commercials and the "black national anthem" if it is played. Will run this game as a test but I'm not sure whether I will continue to watch it as the season progresses.

8 minutes ago, greend said:

DVRing the game. Will watch later and skip the kneeling. Sorry if you guys view it as political but it's horseshit. Also will speed through commercials and the "black national anthem" if it is played. Will run this game as a test but I'm not sure whether I will continue to watch it as the season progresses.

Hey it’s a free country. They can kneel and play the black anthem for all I care. Just like you have the right to think it’s crap and skip it. 

9 minutes ago, greend said:

Did you feel this way when 80% of the league used public funds (ie, political money) to build stadiums?

6 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Considering what's going on i don't think the Vegas odds really mean much. At least early in the season.

With Rasul and Sidney gone, 32 and 22 are open.  Those are prime numbers for a DB or RB.  I wonder if Craig James jumps on one or Huntley grabs one.  I can't see a rookie RB who was claimed getting a  "good number".  Maybe Boston Scott gets in 22, would be much better than 35 IMO.

6 minutes ago, RLC said:

Did you feel this way when 80% of the league used public funds (ie, political money) to build stadiums?

not sure how thats relevant. those are economic, ROI decisions. The owners are still their employers and should act in the best interest of the league

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

not sure how thats relevant. those are economic, ROI decisions. The owners are still their employers and should act in the best interest of the league

Using public money to build stadiums is 100% political. They're doing it to be re-elected. Most publicly financed stadiums provide negative ROI, so it's a bad economic decision anyway.

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Purely made a statement of what I'm not looking forward to.  No mention of anything else.  There's no denying all of the underlying issues going on right now but it's been nothing but Covid for 6 months or riots/protests for 4 months followed by every celebrity and professional athlete telling us how they feel on both and what the rest of us normal Americans need to do to fix the issues.

But if you want to bring kneeling vs standing in to it I think the NFL has gone above and beyond to meet players SJ demands.  For goodness sakes the field is going to say "End Racism", helmets are going to have the names of black victims,  coaches are going to be wearing messages, they are going to be airing stories of black people throughout the games,  along with countless other things not to mention the monetary donations made.  

That is quite the list of things being done, yet players are going to kneel, even being encouraged by Goodell to do so.  

Lol Do you think they actually care about any of that? Do you think this is what people want?

People want to be treated equally, they don’t care about telling a story at half time or a slogan in the end zone cause that’s not fixing the actual issue they’ve been protesting for years now. Is it a nice gesture? Sure, but no one asked for it. 

People want to be treated equally by police and you expect them to be satisfied with a slogan in the end zone? There’s nothing the NFL can do to make people stop kneeling during the game. Only real political change is going to stop things. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

NFL Sunday Ticket- $295

True to form I spent a few minutes on the phone with Direct TV, to wheel and deal.  I basically asked to get it for free.  They denied, but I got a 12 month deal to lower our package rate from $65/month to $35/month.  Which is a savings of $360.   Which is obviously a savings overall of $65.  

Anyone else needing to make the purchase, I would suggest you make the call.  

I'm batting like .500 when it come to these kind of things.  

I do not have directv services since spectrum is the way to go in my area but i used my niece's college info to get nflst for $99 for the whole season. been doing it for 2 years. 

47 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I was not going anywhere near politics with my initial post.  I was clearly stating I'm not looking forward to having more of the same that we have seen for the last 4-6 months.  It's the one of the biggest reasons I'm not excited for the season.  Not everything is political.  I turn the channel when any political ad comes on. I don't want to hear it.

You don’t see it when you use SJ and SJW terms, it comes across that way. 

I don’t watch political ads either.

17 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

With Rasul and Sidney gone, 32 and 22 are open.  Those are prime numbers for a DB or RB.  I wonder if Craig James jumps on one or Huntley grabs one.  I can't see a rookie RB who was claimed getting a  "good number".  Maybe Boston Scott gets in 22, would be much better than 35 IMO.

No, they are divisible by 2. :P

If you "INSIST" 

In "other" news, so long as this crazy fella shows up to fulfill his commitment to uh "take the Ragtop". I'm golden in 2020 thus far. 

And in honor of every last one of our COVID freaks. 

I just like to say u2 u tube . u2 u tube. #ELVISLIVES 

Archived