EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest justrelax
11 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Joe Ostman posthumously won the 2019 Nasty Nate and actively won the 2020 award and there is no real debate 

He's dead?

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

But do his kids still wear the jersey?

8 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

My point is he looked good in last years camp too then tore his knee. He battled back and there were promising reports he made some plays this year. Nothing about Avery. Now if we go by "what did you see” then that means Reagor didn’t do anything nor did Hightower. So basically nobody has done a damn thing. So every exciting report we’ve read about from those who follow camp is completely useless. 

The reports are what they are. This year they were from fifty yards away or more.  I saw so little reporting on the lines.  Frankly, the Ostman and Sweat tweets should have us convinced that they should not only be starters with Toohill the first off the bench and all enshrined into the HOF.  Yet no other team grabbed Ostman off waivers.  Shareef Miller was also cut and picked up by Carolina. One of the reasons you didn’t hear as much about Avery is he got a bone bruise.  With no preseason games, I don’t think I have ever felt this blind heading into the season.   

I DVR all games in any sport, I don't want the commentary, the advertisements or anything else but the game.

Life is too short to waste time, but I don't get bent out of shape by symbolic politics either.

As far as roster decisions, without exhibition games it's all a mystery for us.

Camp reports are mostly smoke and mirrors, when you see them on the field you can see if they're for real.

Just now, ManuManu said:

It’s written by the PR team.

Yeah it's all nonsense.  It is fun to watch the fantasy football community lose their mind over Antonio Gibson not being listed at #1.

3 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

cliches dont help

change will have to significant within the black community before society at large will adapt perceptions. that's just the reality of human nature. humans form opinions based on their experiences. For example, the violence/non-violence issue alone is a huge threat to any "progress". i place it in quotes b/c it everyone will define that differently.

Blah blah blah- as if we aren't capable of altering "perceptions" on our own.  Make the oppressed change first before we move a needle.  What utter crap.  Not human nature all.  Its what those in power always say about those that aren't:  prove to us you are worthy of me seeing you as equal.  

5 minutes ago, RLC said:

I don't believe that for a second.

Lol I don’t even think we even beat Washington week 1 to be honest. 

Guest justrelax
41 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

My point is he looked good in last years camp too then tore his knee. He battled back and there were promising reports he made some plays this year. Nothing about Avery. Now if we go by "what did you see” then that means Reagor didn’t do anything nor did Hightower. So basically nobody has done a damn thing. So every exciting report we’ve read about from those who follow camp is completely useless. 

Pretty much.

Eagles win the wealth battle this week:

Other NFL names to make the list include Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie (319th, $2.7 billion), and Washington’s Dan Snyder (327th, $2.6 billion).

33 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Meh.  Normally, do they even televise the National Anthem for a "regular game"?  Maybe I'm wrong but usually they only show all the "pre-game" stuff during "big" nationally televised games, etc, no?   Maybe I'm wrong?

Even so, don't let politics and current issues take away your passion for the Eagles and football.  All you are doing is letting the fringe elements get their way

The fringe left (and trust me, there's not that many....it just seems that way because they scream the loudest and get most of the media and social media attention) could not care less if the NFL plays its games.  And the most extreme elements of the fringe left want to see it "all fail".  There were people among the fringe left screaming "victory!" when the NBA almost canceled its season a few weeks ago.

(And no, I'm not talking about the average person that wants social justice reform when I'm referring to the "fringe left".  I'm referring to the small % of the people within that movement that are basically anarchists, communists, etc and want to see everything fail).

IIRC the networks stopped showing it after a few weeks and moved on

32 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I thought they gave him full authority of the defense when he was hired?

1 hour ago, TrotterIsGod said:

Hey by the way, did you guys hear?

According to the National Media, the Dallas Cowboys won the Super Bowl in 2020.

Shows you how much they know #JakeTapper 

43 minutes ago, TrotterIsGod said:

Take a couple Aleve, Do a dance with some W.A.P. and Call Peruto, just don't call me late for Dinner. 

41 minutes ago, TrotterIsGod said:

Figures finally get Pro Ball in Vegas. ... Get a Brand spanking new Death Star and Fancy Nancy has to torture for the Ultimate Sin of telling her to shove her Grapes where the Sun Don't Shine. 

Screw that clown..... 

Iggles are my main concern but it is always fun to Troll Cali. 

:peng:  Just a guess

Archived