EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand the fascination of not guaranteeing his contract. He's not getting a ton of money. Who cares if his $1-$2M is guaranteed? If you bring him in to be a backup, bring him in for week 1 when theres a realistic chance you might need him.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don't understand the fascination of not guaranteeing his contract. He's not getting a ton of money. Who cares if his $1-$2M is guaranteed? If you bring him in to be a backup, bring him in for week 1 when theres a realistic chance you might need him.

His body could be broken down. If it is, you can cut him without consequence. 

Just now, RLC said:

His body could be broken down. If it is, you can cut him without consequence. 

And that's what you determine when you bring him and work him out

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

And that's what you determine when you bring him and work him out

That's fair. I'm still very skeptical of our medical staff.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:
That Hopkins deal is why Howie didn't do that trade

Yikes. That's 10M more than Slay

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Wut. 

Keep in mind he has 3 years left on his current deal. He got paid, but its being overstated by Rapoport here. When you take everything into account, he's not even the highest paid WR

14 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Wut. 

Shocked Oh My God GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Find & Share on GIPHY

EDIT:  I just read that the contract is just extending his current 3 year deal without increasing his salary for those 3 years.  So averages out to 18 mil per year.  Not that bad after all. 

To get that extra guaranteed money is great for Hopkins. Who knows how good he'll be once that extension kicks in. He already showed some decline last year!

20 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

100% this. Because you know if you don't bring him in I guarantee Peters is going down 

1 minute ago, greend said:

100% this. Because you know if you don't bring him in I guarantee Peters is going down 

The way I see it, worst case scenario if you don't sign him and want to wait, you lose week 1 and Carson is possibly injured. Worst case scenario if he's a hack, you lose out on a million or two. The risk vs reward heavily favors signing him.

30 minutes ago, RLC said:

If we sign Glenn after week 1, his contract is not guaranteed for the year. We can afford to wait on it.

I heard Gil Brandt say this in regard to the Turds signing Earl Thomas; they’ll wait until after Week 1 to hedge against the likelihood that he’ll still be the pain in the backside he’s been the past couple of seasons 

34 minutes ago, RLC said:

If we sign Glenn after week 1, his contract is not guaranteed for the year. We can afford to wait on it.

Idk about the last part. Peters leaves the game Sunday either mailata or pryor is playing left tackle. If pryor you are now replacing 2 positions at RG and LT. But I’m still assuming they wait til next Monday to do it. 

19 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Shocked Oh My God GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Find & Share on GIPHY

EDIT:  I just read that the contract is just extending his current 3 year deal without increasing his salary for those 3 years.  So averages out to 18 mil per year.  Not that bad after all. 

That makes way more sense. 

12 minutes ago, greend said:

fyp

Latrell sprewell would be proud. 

7 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I heard Gil Brandt say this in regard to the Turds signing Earl Thomas; they’ll wait until after Week 1 to hedge against the likelihood that he’ll still be the pain in the backside he’s been the past couple of seasons 

To me that makes sense. Glenn though..........................not so much

unless his work out was bad

Archived