EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Punt returning is one of hardest things to do in football 

I loved returning punts as a kid.  Mayhem at its best.  Searching for that crease.  Knowing when to go down and when you got plastered, and you did, most times you didn’t see it coming and got up just fine. 

23 minutes ago, justrelax said:

I'd much rather put Mailata in there, line up a TE on his side, and give him of help. If we're going with the automobile image, Glenn is more like the rusted Chevy up on blocks than like a Cadillac in good running order.

If he's a rusted chevy on blocks Mailata is a used bicycle with flat tires and a basket. 

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

So basically Josh is our quarantine QB and intern assistant QB coach prepping for his full time coaching gig when Press gets promoted to OC.  Heck, JP wasn’t taking those RG reps to play RG but rather to strengthen his skill set on how to coach interior OL and right side technique. 

2 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

With Shocker it’s easy to tell he’s a troll. I’m having difficulty with this one.

Unfortunately, I don't think he's trolling.  I think he just ate too many paint chips as a kid.  

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

So basically Josh is our quarantine QB and intern assistant QB coach prepping for his full time coaching gig when Press gets promoted to OC.  Heck, JP wasn’t taking those RG reps to play RG but rather to strengthen his skill set on how to coach interior OL and right side technique. 

Are you being serious?

28 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I know he's not a perfect player, but does the situation warrant playing cute for a guy who isn't likely making much money? For someone like Earl Thomas, who is coming in with character issues as well a higher salary, while playing a less important position, it does. With Glenn, I just don't see it. It's flirting with disaster just to save a small amount of money if we have to move on from him. 

Interesting points about his run blocking though. From Tra, to anyone else who wrote about him, his run blocking seemed to be the issue as of late. 

I just watched the first half of the game against NE where he played, and while I am certainly not an expert, I think anyone getting excited about this kid is due for a letdown. He was useless in run blocking. On one series they had 3-1 and 4 and inches and ran behind him on consecutive plays and got nothing. He had no push at all. It was kind of strange since their first series was almost all runs to the right side, and they marched down the field, then stopped running to that side.

In pass blocking he got beat at least three times, one of which was a sack negated by a penalty. He also gave up a pressure in which his defender get a piece of the ball, which went straight up into the air and luckily ended up as a completion. And this was with him getting help on almost every play, or the ball getting released really quickly.

If this guy had been with us for training camp, I don't see how he would have made the team. Any speed rusher would have eaten him up, so all those stories about Mailata and Pryor getting beat by speed rushers would have been written exactly the same way about him. 

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

Is Pryor playing RG? If so, might as well just throw in Mailata when JP goes out. 

Maybe backup LT is the new "roll” Ertz is talking about...

12 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Unfortunately, I don't think he's trolling.  I think he just ate too many paint chips as a kid.  

Define too many

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

As funny as the OBJ thing it’s kind of sad that everyone just automatically believes this crazy broad 

It’s the same podcast that said 7 suns plays for BJs from this one girl. They made like 100k off that podcast alone. 

2 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

its what every human does, even if they arent aware of it (you obviously arent). assess the person to decide if they are to be treated as peer, threat or ignored. credibility has to be earned in action. words are empty.

Some people determine credibility based solely on ethnicity and/or religion and if you are the wrong ethnicty or religion there is no opportunity to earn credibility.  Heck, it's becoming that way with political ideology as well.  That is the fight, but you obviously aren't aware of that?

42 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I thought being a successful NFL punter was the greatest job on the planet.  I think I stand corrected.  I'd rather make 12K a week to sit at home and throw the football around with my kids.  

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

I thought being a successful NFL punter was the greatest job on the planet.  I think I stand corrected.  I'd rather make 12K a week to sit at home and throw the football around with my kids.  

I’m betting he did it so he could get the eagles to pay for his Sunday ticket so he can watch the team. 

17 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I always thought about this and didn't include obvious ones like star quarterback or an elite NBA player. To me, it's a very good middle-relief pitcher in baseball. Not as stressful as being a starter or closer. You can make $10-$12 million a year, it doesn't kill your body, and it helps if you're a lefty because you can hang around forever. Another one would be a backup quarterback like Chase Daniel who has hung around for a while with limited talent and has made almost $40 million in his career. 

37 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’s the same podcast that said 7 suns plays for BJs from this one girl. They made like 100k off that podcast alone. 

What's even worse...if you watch the girls talk about it, the girl who claims was with OBJ talks about how she took a video of herself going dookie without second guessing it and sent it to OBJ.  She said she made it sexy...It's scary to think about what's acceptable these days and what isn't.  The generation that doesn't feel safe with a George Washington mural feels perfectly fine sending poop videos.

Archived