EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Unfortunately, I don't think he's trolling.  I think he just ate too many paint chips as a kid.  

or not enough to try and deal with the level of posters he's aiming at ?

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

I would assume they're the most likely.  It's supposed to be a strong point of Huntley's as well, and Reagor will probably take over at some point once he's back.

If Reagor is as good as he's portrayed, I'd prefer he stick to WR.  Let Huntley or somebody else do the return stuff.

Listening to Caplan’s podcast he said the Eagles has planned to sign Togiai to the 53 man roster once he cleared waivers. 

If so, what a dumb move by the Eagles. They could have released LeBlanc to bring him back after they put guys on IR. And if not LeBlanc, cut Curry and bring him back the next day. 

24 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I always thought about this and didn't include obvious ones like star quarterback or an elite NBA player. To me, it's a very good middle-relief pitcher in baseball. Not as stressful as being a starter or closer. You can make $10-$12 million a year, it doesn't kill your body, and it helps if you're a lefty because you can hang around forever. Another one would be a backup quarterback like Chase Daniel who has hung around for a while with limited talent and has made almost $40 million in his career. 

Too much pressure in being a middle relief pitcher.  Don't get me wrong - that would probably be in my top 5, but I'm talking about kicking a ball a few times a game.  Even if you suck at it, most horrible punts aren't remembered by the fans.  Backup QB would be awesome as long as the starter doesn't get hurt.  Too much risk there.  Being an elite punter is my dream, and nobody can take it away from me.  Except the NFL.....because I suck at it.  

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Listening to Caplan’s podcast he said the Eagles has planned to sign Togiai to the 53 man roster once he cleared waivers. 

If so, what a dumb move by the Eagles. They could have released LeBlanc to bring him back after they put guys on IR. And if not LeBlanc, cut Curry and bring him back the next day. 

That seems unlikely.  I don't know why they would have gone through with the plan with Leblanc, and go through the process of releasing their more desirable players earlier to try and avoid claims, and have enough foresight to game the new PS system with McCown, but just have a brain fart about releasing Togiai instead of another guy. 

I dunno I guess it's possible but it just seems like a weird detail to just forget about.

24 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

What's even worse...if you watch the girls talk about it, the girl who claims was with OBJ talks about how she took a video of herself going dookie without second guessing it and sent it to OBJ.  She said she made it sexy...It's scary to think about what's acceptable these days and what isn't.  The generation that doesn't feel safe with a George Washington mural feels perfectly fine sending poop videos.

Seems like a crappy turn on lol 

2 minutes ago, PrinceKelby said:

How many double moves will DJax put on Darby?

10+ right?

Darby is going to have an ankle injury

Slay better be shadowing McLaurin all game. Don't need to have a repeat of what happened in the first WAS game last season week one. 

32 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

What's even worse...if you watch the girls talk about it, the girl who claims was with OBJ talks about how she took a video of herself going dookie without second guessing it and sent it to OBJ.  She said she made it sexy...It's scary to think about what's acceptable these days and what isn't.  The generation that doesn't feel safe with a George Washington mural feels perfectly fine sending poop videos.

:rolleyes: Calm down gramps.  It's not like Millennials and Gen Zers are all walking around sending poop videos to each-other. No one thinks that's "acceptable".  We think that stuff is nasty too.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Seems like a crappy turn on lol 

Agreed.  This could turn out to be real messy for him.  

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Not if he does the paperwork right

2 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

:rolleyes: Calm down gramps.  It's not like Millennials and Gen Zers are all walking around sending poop videos to each-other. No one thinks that's "acceptable".  We think that stuff is nasty too.

Can't believe I'm just now hearing this.  I wonder if this is why chicks never called me back in my twenties.  

Confused GIF - Friends JoeyTribbiani MattLeBlanc - Discover & Share GIFs

5 minutes ago, greend said:

Not if he does the paperwork right

Sucks for him that she all of a sudden got diarrhea of the mouth on the air.  

26 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that Togiai was the only rookie UDFA to be claimed this year, and every other player claimed either had NFL experience or was a draft pick. So it was somewhat unlucky that he get snatched up.

Just now, jsb235 said:

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that Togiai was the only rookie UDFA to be claimed this year, and every other player claimed either had NFL experience or was a draft pick. So it was somewhat unlucky that he get snatched up.

Perhaps, but if they wanted him on the 53, there were ways to ensure that happened.

On 9/7/2020 at 12:13 PM, Alphagrand said:

We got Slay and Hargrave; you're that bummed about losing Agholor, Darby, and Jones?

heck no, look at the whole team, where did we better at besides corner? every position is a question mark because every position is what if and if sanders struggles, you might well say goodbye to 2020 season.

14 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Hopefully they don’t have a toilet paper shortage. 

2 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

heck no, look at the whole team, where did we better at besides corner? every position is a question mark because every position is what if and if sanders struggles, you might well say goodbye to 2020 season.

CB, WR, DT are all significantly better than they were last year.  

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Perhaps, but if they wanted him on the 53, there were ways to ensure that happened.

Yup, it seems like a self-inflicted wound. I don't know if the team was as high on him as Caplan is making it out to be, but certainly Singleton or Ford were better options to try and sneak through if they really liked him.  

Archived