EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Do you think Slay will be able to cover OBJ like toilet paper?

If slay does Odell will be down in the dumps 

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Not sure they had much choice.  Burnett still has 16.  One of them coulda taken 13 but that's it.  Watkins and Hightower are going to make 80s numbers great again.

They could have taken 13, 14 and I assume 16 (since Burnett technically was cut, but maybe the Eagles wouldn’t let them). 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

With Craig James, wonder how much his improvement from last year to this year is attributed to the new CB coach. 

And Epps too, although Hauck technically is the S coach. 

51 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

:rolleyes: Calm down gramps.  It's not like Millennials and Gen Zers are all walking around sending poop videos to each-other. No one thinks that's "acceptable".  We think that stuff is nasty too.

The problem is social media.

crap that would be a rumour or little paragraph somewhere about weird practices become Intragram hits and Reddit discussion groups.

Social media just allows crassy, weird people to broadcast their BS to a wider audience of gawkers.

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

They could have taken 13, 14 and I assume 16 (since Burnett technically was cut, but maybe the Eagles wouldn’t let them). 

I follow this stuff too much but the trend for the Eagles is to wait to assign numbers until after the PS is announced.  Guys that come back to the PS 99% of the time keep the number they had in camp.  

I'm guessing McCown wanted 14 as he's always had a number in the teens throughout his career.  13 seemed to be the only option.  Now if Dick Rod comes back and wants 82 that would be interesting but I doubt a street FA tight end has any pull to get a number.

1 minute ago, justrelax said:

These jokes about defecation are disgusting and disreputable,, worthy only of junior high school.

Mr. Hankey would not approve.

Booooo GIFs | Tenor

3 minutes ago, austinfan said:

The problem is social media.

crap that would be a rumour or little paragraph somewhere about weird practices become Intragram hits and Reddit discussion groups.

Social media just allows crassy, weird people to broadcast their BS to a wider audience of gawkers.

8 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I follow this stuff too much but the trend for the Eagles is to wait to assign numbers until after the PS is announced.  Guys that come back to the PS 99% of the time keep the number they had in camp.  

I'm guessing McCown wanted 14 as he's always had a number in the teens throughout his career.  13 seemed to be the only option.  Now if Dick Rod comes back and wants 82 that would be interesting but I doubt a street FA tight end has any pull to get a number.

I doubt they really let McCown have a whole lot of say considering it will take an extinction level event for him to ever wear the number. 

Robert Davis was 14 and cut awhile ago. They probably didn’t want the number. 

7 minutes ago, RLC said:

Odd strategy

I think it makes sense though. You have more complete information with the player who played. 

"If there are two players that are close or equal, we’ll take the one that has played most recently,” Colbert said.

44 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Seems skewed to piss off E45.  Jeffery at the X and DJax backup as Z is JJAW.  So when DJax needs a breather, the WRs are Jeffery, Ward and JJAW. 

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Sucks for him that she all of a sudden got diarrhea of the mouth on the air.  

Well we do know that he's a potty mouth

33 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Do you think Slay will be able to cover OBJ like toilet paper?

OBJ is the number 2 receiver on the team so Slay won't be covering him.  

31 minutes ago, justrelax said:

These jokes about defecation are disgusting and disreputable,, worthy only of junior high school.

Mr. Hankey would not approve.

image.gif.11d831ace2507d340945abee83494019.gif

6 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

OBJ is the number 2 receiver on the team so Slay won't be covering him.  

i mean they pay him for that like it’s his doodie

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I don't know where all of this poop talk is coming from.  I haven't been paying attention today.  But it makes want to bring back an old avatar of mine.  

Just a bunch of s#!t and giggles about Odell. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Why what happened with him?

He likes to have women poop on him. 

29 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I think it makes sense though. You have more complete information with the player who played. 

"If there are two players that are close or equal, we’ll take the one that has played most recently,” Colbert said.

Feels like a major pitfall for conservative teams.  Drafting a player you KNOW isn't that good, but who has NCAA production and tape available, over someone with less tape and more upside.  

Teams and even high end armchair GM's know where a player has value based on year to year experience.  A 3rd round talent with 3rd round upside should not be going late 1st or early 2nd just because they played a ton of football this year.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Feels like a major pitfall for conservative teams.  Drafting a player you KNOW isn't that good, but who has NCAA production and tape available, over someone with less tape and more upside.  

Teams and even high end armchair GM's know where a player has value based on year to year experience.  A 3rd round talent with 3rd round upside should not be going late 1st or early 2nd just because they played a ton of football this year.

They’re talking about tiebreakers. Wouldn’t you use more complete information to break a tie?

23 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

So what are the protected player rules.  From the above tweet, you can protect 4 every week, and they can then still be signed by another team the following Monday, and then you can re designate 4 the following Tuesday.  

Is there limits on how many times you can protect someone ??

Archived