EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And to be fair.  It’s not that I don’t like him.  I don’t like him in the 1st round.  It’s Howie that I don’t like.  He botched another draft and this teams future is really shaky now because of his ineptitude.   

This year's draft?  I'd be surprised if it isn't regarded as one of the better drafts of the past decade within a few years.  We shall see. 

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ace Nova said:

He's serviceable, knows the offense....why not. 

The theme this year seems to be 'let's see what the young guys got'. It's curious how they let Noah Togiai get poached. They know what Rodgers has -- not a lot.

4 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Those same questions existed last year though. So it's Reagor/Hightower/Watkins and 2nd year JJAW vs Agholor and 1st year JJAW. Honestly which would you prefer?

The first by far. You can’t teach speed.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

That sucks

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Who am I tagging for my weekly prediction and season prediction?

Connecticut Eagle for season. No ones offered to do weekly yet

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Who am I tagging for my weekly prediction and season prediction?

Shocker or Trotterisgod 

47 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Are we seriously upset about "losing" a player the team didn't like enough to draft and then didn't like enough to keep on the roster?

I’m upset about the process. How good he is is beside the point. 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No clue. Reagor is hurt and we’ve never seen any of the rookies play.  But it’s a fair assumption they are better.  Significantly better, like you said?  I don’t know how you know that.  

I think it's a pretty fair assumption. Anything can happen but it seems like a clear upgrade to me. Guess we'll just agree to disagree

14 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I do believe not many of us would have expected to get LeBlanc back if he was subject to waivers. And he did get offers when we released him and he was a free agent briefly.

I dont believe he was truly an option. That is a hindsight thing seeing how he turned down other offers to stay here. 

Vinny Curry probably wants to stay too, but he would have gotten other offers, and with our DE situation we cant risk a guy at that position.

We probably could have cut one of the sucky safeties the team is obsessed with like Ford or Epps. Or even Craig James. Who wants a deep reserve from our sucky secondary?

We wouldn’t have lost Curry. He’s a lifelong Eagles fan and turned down more money to be here. 

22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Shocker or Trotterisgod 

You guys are gonna make me take someone OFF ignore to make my weekly picks?  Not sure it’s worth it 

24 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Shocker or Trotterisgod 

Shocker cant count to 10 so it might be difficult for him to track the records. He also cant spell so he cant google the records as well. 

Totterisgod will just try and "Educate" you after every prediction with his wide football knowledge from playing madden

2 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Shocker cant count to 10 so it might be difficult for him to track the records. He also cant spell so he cant google the records as well. 

the other guy cant count to 1 before posting 8 different tangential thoughts and forgetting what he was trying to do in the first place. Then ends it with some random music video that probably no one ever watches/listens to. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

355lbs.

Wonder if we see a wave of OL and DTs opt out next.

Two of the biggest COVID mortality rate factors seem to be weight and vitamin D levels.

Everyone take your vitamin D and C. Most Americans are deficient in vitamin D.

5 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

CB, WR, DT are all significantly better than they were last year.  

And I would argue offensive line is worse. And I want to say not a little worse it is significantly worse. Losing Brooks for an entire year is massive. Plus now you’re relying on a 38-year-old Jason peters with a backup who’s not a former first rounder.

And safety imo is still a question mark As Mills is playing the position at the NFL level for the first time since college. In an off-season where there was no mini camps, no preseason and no OTAS.  McLeod should be better with slay however he’s also a year older coming off a season where he wasn’t great even with bad corners he also wasn’t great I’d point to the fins game and first half of the giants game at home. 

Also not go to anoint the wide receivers as significantly better. Because desean at some point is going to get hurt. The rookies are still rookies and one is currently hurt. Jjaw has not proven it in an actual game yet That he’s turned the corner. And alshon who knows what he’s going to be like after his injury. They should be better however everyone was saying the same thing about defensive tackle Last year And I said don’t count your chickens before they hatch because Jackson was coming off a down and there’s always potential for injury which would ruin that. And then it did

2 hours ago, Mike31mt said:

With two equal players, give me the guy who decided to play actual football instead of sit out and take pictures of himself working out

Players from the BIG 10 don't really have a choice, as I understand it.   They are at the mercy of their school.

1 hour ago, RLC said:

Unless we have in his prime Terrell Owens (HOF caliber player), Eagles fans are never happy about WRs.

We had him in 2005.   I wasn't happy with our WR room at that time.

25 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Two of the biggest COVID mortality rate factors seem to be weight and vitamin D levels.

Everyone take your vitamin D and C. Most Americans are deficient in vitamin D.

I actually found out three years ago I was super vitamin D deficient. Been taking vitamin D from Costco for about three years. It makes such a difference in how I felt throughout the course of the day since I started taking vitamin D

I will now casually wait for someone to make some sort of comment about vitamin D

41 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Just as long as there's no bottomless selfies used in the ad campaign. 

I think one of the biggest opportunities to stay ahead of the curve in 2020 with the NFL will be in load management.

Training camps around the league have been a total farce.  I'm no trainer, but it cannot be good to flash into 60 minutes of full contact football, even for the players that maintained excellent cardiovascular fitness in the offseason (not to mention the ones who didn't).

I'd want a team of statisticians looking at soft tissue injuries by quarter in a normal year.  I'd also want them to isolate the incidence of injuries in players who have missed training camp and jumped into the regular season...and when those injuries occurred.  

We often see a rotation to maintain energy along the DL.  We see personnel changes at skill positions mostly for the the purpose of changing matchups.  Otherwise, this is not usually a thing.  And it never happens along the OL for the purpose of continuity and synchronization.  

I wonder if it's time to revisit these conventions, at least for the early weeks of this 2020 season.  I'm especially looking at guys like Lane Johnson, Mcleod, Kelce, Ertz, Desean...even Slay.  Older, some injury issues, may not often rotate out.  

If these guys are on the sidelines when some of their core muscles are fatigued and they are highest risk for injury, then they will be preserved.  

If you really isolate an athlete on tape (take a pitcher as an example), you can really identify when fatigue is setting in and they are risking injury.  Granted, that position has been isolated to a science that exceeds anything in the NFL, but one can make an attempt here.  

Regardless, those 60 minutes are going to hit every team harder than they ever have in NFL history.  Some teams are going to approach it as they have every other year.  And a few will be open to keeping their stars on the sidelines far more than they otherwise would.

56 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

@Connecticut Eagle

My season prediction has been and remains to be 8-8.  Although I am getting a little weary of that now since a lot of local pundits and fans are starting to agree with me.  

what pundits are saying 8-8?

Brutal schedule not that much talent I say a repeat of last year maybe less 1 game

1 minute ago, Green Dog said:

what pundits are saying 8-8?

😏🙋‍♂️

Archived