EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I never said it wasn’t likely. I do think it is more likely as they have upgraded the talent level. That doesn’t mean I trust hightower or Watkins if they have to play significant snaps though. 

but i don’t think it is definitive that they are better. There is way too many question marks right now at that position. A lot of us were saying the exact same thing last year about the wide receivers At the end of 2018 compared to what 2019 was going to be. we were saying We were better with desean and Jjaw going into the season then with jeffery, tate and agholor at the end of 2018. Then desean got hurt, jeffery got hurt and JJAW was a bust last year. 

don’t get me wrong I’m hoping they surpassed my expectations. However I played the game before where I said oh we are better than we were last year and then when we get to week 17, I look around and say wow we weren’t really better

seinfeld-leaving.gif

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a really good laugh tonight listening to Michael Irvin predict the Cowturds would have three 1,000 yard receivers this season — with two going over 1,500 yards.  I thought it was supposed to be these guys’ jobs to think stuff through before spewing it out on TV.

Last season Dak threw for 4,902 yards.  Cooper had less than 1,200.  Gallup 1,100.  Cobb 828.  That would mean Cooper needs to be +300, Gallup +400, and Lamb +200 over Cobb — and I’ll believe a rookie will put up a 1,000 yard season as a third target when I see it.

BTW — Peyton Manning holds the NFL record with 5,477 passing yards in a season.

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

Right. Compared to last December, anything would be an upgrade. I think fans are so desperate they'll welcome anything as a major upgrade. But overall I wouldn't say this WR group is anything special unless Reagor comes in and absolutely balls out. Or JJAW, Hightower do.

it wasn’t that hard to significantly upgrade the talent at wide receiver compared to the end of 2019. I like hightower and Watkins But I do not expect significant contributions from them this year. If we’re at the position where they have to play significant snaps we are in a lot of trouble. I don’t have over the top expectations for them. No offseason activities except virtual due to covid and the transition for rookies to the nfl is hard enough as is. To me it really comes down to JJAW Making significant strides this offseason, reagor being a solid player for a rookie and desean staying healthy.

What also comes into play for those wide receivers is does our offensive line hold up long enough so Carson can get the ball down field. Unfortunately the last couple years we’ve had that oline but we haven’t had the players to go downfield. Now it feels we have the opposite problem

8 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I got a really good laugh tonight listening to Michael Irvin predict the Cowturds would have three 1,000 yard receivers this season — with two going over 1,500 yards.  I thought it was supposed to be these guys’ jobs to think stuff through before spewing it out on TV.

Last season Dak threw for 4,902 yards.  Cooper had less than 1,200.  Gallup 1,100.  Cobb 828.  That would mean Cooper needs to be +300, Gallup +400, and Lamb +200 over Cobb — and I’ll believe a rookie will put up a 1,000 yard season as a third target when I see it.

BTW — Peyton Manning holds the NFL record with 5,477 passing yards in a season.

Any time Irvin talks about the cowboys 

image.gif.ca799fad42618c51943d26dfe4191fd1.gif

51 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Are we really going into game 1 with Nate Herbig being the only backup for LG, C, and RG? 

I'd say almost definitely no.  Theyre at 52 now, so they will either sign Cordy Glenn (and after reading some of the reviews here from JR and others, meh), sign a different FA OL, nab an OL from somebody else's ps, or add a guy like Opeta from our PS.

Gonna be a fluid list and a lot of leaning on Stoutland magic.  Which is understandable when you lose 2 of your 5 starting OL for the year before games even start.

9 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Tons of assumptions and questions.  Jackson was healthy opening day last year as well.  Jalen Reachor is already hurt and we don’t know what we have with the other two rookies.  With all those questions it’s anything but "straight forward”.   

okay so name the receiver that was better last year?

9 hours ago, RLC said:

Unless we have in his prime Terrell Owens (HOF caliber player), Eagles fans are never happy about WRs.

I was very happy about our receivers in 2017 

9 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Two of the biggest COVID mortality rate factors seem to be weight and vitamin D levels.

Everyone take your vitamin D and C. Most Americans are deficient in vitamin D.

Yeah um, vitamin d is free if you go outside between 10-2 in the summer

7 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Every year people compare the prior seaon's week 17 roster to the new week 1 roster and manage to get excited about the upgrades via players returning from injury.

Is it better now?  Yes.  Guess what is also better now?  The current roster compared to week 17 of this year.

Not necessarily. People pick up players during the season and we have (Ajayi) picked up a pretty good one or two

I feel quite uncertain heading into this season what with the lack of preseason games, injuires. etc.  Much more than normal (not that it means that much anyway).

I'll go for another 9-7 year and a WC spot.

9 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I think one of the biggest opportunities to stay ahead of the curve in 2020 with the NFL will be in load management.

Training camps around the league have been a total farce.  I'm no trainer, but it cannot be good to flash into 60 minutes of full contact football, even for the players that maintained excellent cardiovascular fitness in the offseason (not to mention the ones who didn't).

I'd want a team of statisticians looking at soft tissue injuries by quarter in a normal year.  I'd also want them to isolate the incidence of injuries in players who have missed training camp and jumped into the regular season...and when those injuries occurred.  

We often see a rotation to maintain energy along the DL.  We see personnel changes at skill positions mostly for the the purpose of changing matchups.  Otherwise, this is not usually a thing.  And it never happens along the OL for the purpose of continuity and synchronization.  

I wonder if it's time to revisit these conventions, at least for the early weeks of this 2020 season.  I'm especially looking at guys like Lane Johnson, Mcleod, Kelce, Ertz, Desean...even Slay.  Older, some injury issues, may not often rotate out.  

If these guys are on the sidelines when some of their core muscles are fatigued and they are highest risk for injury, then they will be preserved.  

If you really isolate an athlete on tape (take a pitcher as an example), you can really identify when fatigue is setting in and they are risking injury.  Granted, that position has been isolated to a science that exceeds anything in the NFL, but one can make an attempt here.  

Regardless, those 60 minutes are going to hit every team harder than they ever have in NFL history.  Some teams are going to approach it as they have every other year.  And a few will be open to keeping their stars on the sidelines far more than they otherwise would.

Really good points and we all know how the Eagles do with soft tissue injuries.  

27 minutes ago, greend said:

10-6 and we beat the pukes for the east. 

Out DTs kill their rookie center and blow up the offense

thats my prediction

1 hour ago, greend said:

Not completely true. I'm outside all the time and was diagnosed with a vit D deficiency.

Doc said people process it differently and black people are more prone to have a deficiency than white people.

It's a simple blood test. Get it.

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

Out DTs kill their rookie center and blow up the offense

thats my prediction

Seems like every year they are the "chosen ones" to win our division. Getting a little bit tired of it. Here's a newsflash, if they don't do it in the next year or so Zeke will be done and so will their offense.

Just now, Asg 15 said:

Not completely true. I'm outside all the time and was diagnosed with a vit D deficiency.

Doc said people process it differently and black people are more prone to have a deficiency than white people.

It's a simple blood test. Get it.

I did and guess what.................................................I get enough sun :towel:.  I'm mostly Italian heritage so I'm guessing I soak up the sun like a sponge.

1 minute ago, In2football said:

is he doing it?

4 minutes ago, greend said:

I did and guess what.................................................I get enough sun :towel:.  I'm mostly Italian heritage so I'm guessing I soak up the sun like a sponge.

is he doing it?

Yup he has graciously agreed to season predictions.

Not sure anyone picked up the game scores though

Edit. I believe he has requesting tagging and if likes the post he caught it

5 minutes ago, greend said:

Seems like every year they are the "chosen ones" to win our division. Getting a little bit tired of it. Here's a newsflash, if they don't do it in the next year or so Zeke will be done and so will their offense.

Ratings man

their d will be some garbage. Lotsa shootouts i think

1 hour ago, greend said:

that doesn’t give you enough vitamin D if you are deficient. I had to talk to my doctor when my bloodwork came back and my dad who’s a dermatologist about it. You don’t get nearly enough vitamin D just going outside to make up for the lack of vitamin D if you are deficient. 

14 minutes ago, In2football said:

Yup he has graciously agreed to season predictions.

Not sure anyone picked up the game scores though

Edit. I believe he has requesting tagging and if likes the post he caught it

Thanks Bro

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

that doesn’t give you enough vitamin D if you are deficient. I had to talk to my doctor when my bloodwork came back and my dad who’s a dermatologist about it. You don’t get nearly enough vitamin D just going outside to make up for the lack of vitamin D if you are deficient. 

and did your doctor or your Dad say what a good chunk of the reason is for D deficiency? My Doc said it was because Docs told everyone to hide from the sun.  

Archived