EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

8 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

I'm gonna go 8-8 too. Reasons:

I don't think WR is that improved.... yet. It has potential to be if Reagor and/or Hightower or Watkins are the real deal. But I won't just assume that without seeing them play yet. The biggest difference is DeSean Jackson is healthy right now, but he's injury prone and I don't think he's some savior either. Remember, when we traded for him from Tampa he was essentially supposed to be a complimentary deep threat. Now the entire WR corps is basically clinging to his health. Ward is a nice story, but he's just a guy, and the other wideout whether it be Reagor, JJAW, Hightower, etc all remain questions. It's still probably a bottom 5-7 group in all the NFL.

8-8 is very fair.

WRs at the end of the year: JJAW, Ward, Davis, Burnett. That's terrible. Our 2020 will be better because they can't possibly be worse.
I think this is a middle of the pack group if everyone is healthy, given that DeSean is still the 2nd best deep threat in the NFL (Tyreek Hill is #1). If he gets hurt though, we need Reagor/Hightower to splash.

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I believe Dak will throw for 5K

I believe the Cowboys will have 3 over 1000. (I dont see the 1500 deal)

5k interceptions, sure

I think we go 10-6. @Connecticut Eagle

The Eagles have more continuity than most other teams, even with the injuries

One thing that will be interesting to me is how our biggest team strength, interior DL, impacts the first quarter of the season as they line up against OL units that have had no real live snaps.  I expect the Eagles D to really hammer people early on

Our injuries on OL basically bring us back into the pack where it would have been a pretty big advantage

Carson, Miles, and the TEs are going to be so important, I think they give us a pretty good edge early on as well

Last time we all had so-so expectations for good team was heading into 2017 and we all know what happened that year....

with that being said this is an 8-8 ball club. 

55 minutes ago, greend said:

and did your doctor or your Dad say what a good chunk of the reason is for D deficiency? My Doc said it was because Docs told everyone to hide from the sun.  

it’s based off your diet in consuming enough vitamin D (not enough in the typical foods people eat), sunlight exposure (many factors such as where you live, clouds and pollution) and body’s natural ability to just absorb.  Most people in general don’t have diets that consume enough vitamin D to begin with that meets the daily requirement. add on genetics play a role in how your body works with vitamin D. Since my mom’s family has a history of the issue i am more prone to having the deficiency  

it is still an issue to get enough vitamin D from the sun you are risking other dangerous absorptions from the sun that could do serious damage Overtime. during the winter months if you live in a colder climate you are far less likely to get enough sun exposure as you are likely in more layers of clothes and spending less time out in the sun/outside. So getting less vitamin d during certain times of the year depending on Location. add on there’s other factors such as pollution in the sky and clouds that block that. Skin color also plays a factor in absorption of sun and how long you’d have to sit in the sun to get enough. 

36 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Not Eagles related but how awesome is this.  Look at how Raiders season tickets were sent.

Didn’t the raiders say there’s no fans at the stadium this year? 

34 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Not Eagles related but how awesome is this.  Look at how Raiders season tickets were sent.

Where are the showgirls? 

43 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

That’s weird. There’s no fans in the stadium this year.

Whats real interesting is they will be the first stadium not to accept cash. 

2 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

That’s weird. There’s no fans in the stadium this year.

Whats real interesting is they will be the first stadium not to accept cash. 

Strippers going to be saddened by this. 

Today's injury report should be really interesting.

Lane, Hargrave and Barnett are the names to watch for.

Also, if Alshon isn't at least limited, then I don't understand why he was brought off PUP. The same with Avery and IR.

One nice thing about bringing Richard Rodgers back is that he can give us some good info about Washington’s new offense. 

@Connecticut Eagle I am going to say 10-6.  I think the defense has a chance to be much better than last years team.  While the edge rushers are quite frankly average at this point, the interior d-line will be able to create havoc on the interior.  Graham and Barnett will do enough to create pressure and move QBs off of their spot.  It's going to be uncomfortable for teams facing the Eagles.  I think they have upgraded the coverage unit significantly if Mills can run the defense. The offense is better at the WR position with Desean healthy. Sanders should be better in the early part of the season.  The o-line and Pryor right now is the big question mark but if they can get consistent play out of the RG position then this team could have a top 5 offense with healthy WRs.  This is a better team than last season.  

5 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Any predictions for Sunday ?  Not just score but leading rusher, receiver, catches, etc 

Sanders, Jackson and JJAW will catch 1. 😁

31-7 Eagles

Sanders with over 100 yards 1 TD 

Hurts with a rushing TD

Jackson and Ertz both with receiving TD 

Jackson 120 yards 

Carson with 350 yards passing and 2 TD no interceptions. 1 fumble 

Slay with an int 

D-line combines for 5 sacks 

Other than that I have no idea what's going to happen😀

7 hours ago, Green Dog said:

I'd say almost definitely no.  Theyre at 52 now, so they will either sign Cordy Glenn (and after reading some of the reviews here from JR and others, meh), sign a different FA OL, nab an OL from somebody else's ps, or add a guy like Opeta from our PS.

Gonna be a fluid list and a lot of leaning on Stoutland magic.  Which is understandable when you lose 2 of your 5 starting OL for the year before games even start.

That 1 roster opening was filled by Rodgers TE.  So, they role with the 8 linemen in the 1st game.  Herbig will be the universal back-up on the interior,  The new rule only allows 8 o-linemen active for game.  So, it would be different even we have 10 or so linemen on the roster.

9 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

I got a really good laugh tonight listening to Michael Irvin predict the Cowturds would have three 1,000 yard receivers this season — with two going over 1,500 yards.  I thought it was supposed to be these guys’ jobs to think stuff through before spewing it out on TV.

Last season Dak threw for 4,902 yards.  Cooper had less than 1,200.  Gallup 1,100.  Cobb 828.  That would mean Cooper needs to be +300, Gallup +400, and Lamb +200 over Cobb — and I’ll believe a rookie will put up a 1,000 yard season as a third target when I see it.

BTW — Peyton Manning holds the NFL record with 5,477 passing yards in a season.

Well it is Irvin, honestly guys like him who are all flash and little substance, I dont even bother to watch or listen to. He adds nothing to a serious discussion, and anyone who listens to him is dumber for having done so. 

That being said, Its a new year, and another Year the Cowboys are being overhyped by the media. Same ol Same ol. It's like they forget that most of those players folded down the stretch last season, and that they have a new Coaching Staff and new Schemes, and combined thats a bad situation especially with truncated training camp, no preseason games and limited OTA's.

Yeah they have talent, they had talent last year. 

Archived