EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Lurie IS the problem.  He's enabled boy wonder since  2017.  The coaching staff did a great job in 2017 to get contribution out of players who really didn't contribute before or since.  That was the difference.  Not Howie's GM work.  

Agreed 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Geezu, I thought Sanders was just bubble wrapped. Not good, can’t play around with hammy issues. 

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

For reference Mailata is only 23- 

Ok but thats not really relevant. Theyve had him on the roster taking up a spot, they took a risk with him. 

When the OL is aging around him and regularly missing time, hes gotta be there to contribute or it will have been a mistake

Guest justrelax

21 - 10 Eagles.

Even though I want the Eagles to work Mailata in at LT, I feel better about having JP against Chase Young.

I expect an ugly game but uglier from the Washington side. Not only a new HC but he's not there due to cancer. Del Rio has a track record, which helps Schwartz in D preparation.

Landon Collins is a good box safety but he can't cover a lick and has no deep speed. Max protect and Dial 9 a few times. Move the chains with Ertz and Ward. Run just enough.

I wouldn't take anything Doug is saying as literal. He got caught flat footed with the media early on in his career and since improved at saying nothing. Sanders and Johnson will be fine.

14 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Ok but thats not really relevant. Theyve had him on the roster taking up a spot, they took a risk with him. 

When the OL is aging around him and regularly missing time, hes gotta be there to contribute or it will have been a mistake

And in my mind, they have time yet before it's deemed a mistake. He is only 23, yes he is taking up a roster spot and he may not pan out. But I am willing to wait a year or two. Because if he does pan out even at 25... you could have a dominant OL for 10 + years after that.      

Guest justrelax
3 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

And in my mind, they have time yet before it's deemed a mistake. He is only 23, yes he is taking up a roster spot and he may not pan out. But I am willing to wait a year or two. Because if he does pan out even at 25... you could have a dominant OL for 10 + years after that.      

It's his third season but he couldn't even practice last year and no game experience the year before either. You don't go against live opposition, your skills deteriorate, all the more so if you have no muscle memory. He figures to play some this year so we'll have some basis for judgment. Heretofore we have nothing from our illustrious beat reporters.

New rule to protect 4 players on PS:

WR Deontay Burnett

• G Sua Opeta

• DE Joe Ostman

• CB Trevor Williams

Show you they value these guys and may be used in the Washington game.

One thing I noticed about the return of football both NCCA/NFL was wearing "Covid protective equipment" on the field.  It seems that has all since gone away.  Below is DJack from the first week of camp with the Schutt face guard on.  I haven't seen a player wear one since the start of camp and that goes across the league, looking at other websites and such.  Also while watching some of the NCAA games.  Was it decided they were ineffective?  Did the players not like them?  

WR DeSean Jackson

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

One thing I noticed about the return of football both NCCA/NFL was wearing "Covid protective equipment" on the field.  It seems that has all since gone away.  Below is DJack from the first week of camp with the Schutt face guard on.  I haven't seen a player wear one since the start of camp and that goes across the league, looking at other websites and such.  Also while watching some of the NCAA games.  Was it decided they were ineffective?  Did the players not like them?  

Its a ridiculous concept. Players hate it and for good reason. JJ Watt said he'd retire if he had to wear one.

3 hours ago, greend said:

and did your doctor or your Dad say what a good chunk of the reason is for D deficiency? My Doc said it was because Docs told everyone to hide from the sun.  

Since you’re a bit older than some other posters, I would take 5,000 iu’s a day. Just get D3 from the store. You can’t overdose on it or anything.

it doesn’t take long to improve your levels either. My blood work levels went from like 25(low)to 55(good) in a couple weeks.

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The guy who did the hit job in Wentz wrote an update.

It's almost like the media lies and makes things up.

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The guy who did the hit job in Wentz wrote an update.

Wentz was one of the first prominent white athletes in the country to come out and support the black community when the George Floyd incident went down back in May. From a leadership and teammate standpoint, I think that went a long way. 

Yup...we clearly suck.

That 6-point road spread means the rest of the world is blind and can't see the horror show we are familiar with.

3 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

It's almost like the media lies and makes things up.

Journalism has never been as dead as it is today.  

13 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Since you’re a bit older than some other posters, I would take 5,000 iu’s a day. Just get D3 from the store. You can’t overdose on it or anything.

it doesn’t take long to improve your levels either. My blood work levels went from like 25(low)to 55(good) in a couple weeks.

My level is fine. Thanks though

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Yup...we clearly suck.

That 6-point road spread means the rest of the world is blind and can't see the horror show we are familiar with.

Yeah I dont get the doom and gloom. 

We have upgraded the CB play just from Slay alone. , Added Mahlik Jackson to the DT rotation, if Hargrave plays? Should be better on the DL.

The Oline is basically the way we ended the year with last year. WR's should be a decent upgrade with Djax healthy, Hearing JJAW improved, We still have Ward, who was our leading WR the last 4 games and had a connection with Wentz. Add in the possibility of getting Hightower and Reagor who by all reports are better than what we had last year?  

We will see, but the main fact we still have the same coaching staff, and the same schemes, VS, the other 3 teams in our division in this shortened pandemic offseason, seems to be the biggest advantage in my mind. 

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

- Pat Tillman stitched, Cardinals Home jersey is the only non philly sports jersey I own (well Wentz yellow NDSU jersey but i think thats ok) 

- I have numerous teams that I find myself rooting for as long as they dont play the Eagles. 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You wanna place a bet that you aren't a liar?  That makes almost as much sense as your ridiculous JP argument.  

Not that I care anymore but he definitely bragged about a steeler jersey

2 minutes ago, tuffstuff07 said:

Talib retired makes sense on the Ramsey deal

How so?

2 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Yeah I dont get the doom and gloom. 

You must be new here

Archived