Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

My whole thing is why not go back to Wentz last week with playoffs on the line? Hurts was complete dog crap in the second half and like him or not Wentz has multiple come from behind wins. I thought the benching was a "learning" thing. Doesn't work if you don't see if it taught anything. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Outside of Fulgham until Doug benched him who has come to the Eagles in the last year or two and played better? Heck, who has played better in general? Mailata? Probably end of list, but yeah Wentz is the anchor.

Bro.  

Until wentz comes out and says he wants to be an eagle and is ready to compete for the starting job... you guys can stop defending him.  

As of this moment it appears he doesnt even want to be an eagle.  

it doesnt even matter anymore who you think is to blame for the god aweful season wentz had.  He doesnt want to be here. 

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

My whole thing is why not go back to Wentz last week with playoffs on to he line? Hurts was complete dog crap in the second half and like him or not Wentz has multiple come from behind wins. 

Wentz was complete dog crap all season.  He’s finished here.  Everyone has figured it out, including Carson Wentz himself.  Everyone that is, except his delusional Carstans like you lol.

2 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Wentz was complete dog crap all season.  He’s finished here.  Everyone has figured it out, including Carson Wentz himself.  Everyone that is, except his delusional Carstans like you lol.

So if he's the starter next year you'll go away? Good. Another reason to want him to stay. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

So if he's the starter next year you'll go away? Good. Another reason to want him to stay. 

I’ll be here because I’m a Philadelphia Eagles fan.  However Carstans like you will be rooting for Indy or whatever team your boy sinks next year.  Have fun!

8 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

My whole thing is why not go back to Wentz last week with playoffs on the line? Hurts was complete dog crap in the second half and like him or not Wentz has multiple come from behind wins. I thought the benching was a "learning" thing. Doesn't work if you don't see if it taught anything. 

Doug was going down with the Hurts ship

7 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Bro.  

Until wentz comes out and says he wants to be an eagle and is ready to compete for the starting job... you guys can stop defending him.  

As of this moment it appears he doesnt even want to be an eagle.  

it doesnt even matter anymore who you think is to blame for the god aweful season wentz had.  He doesnt want to be here. 

Bro.

I'm not defending him. I want Doug gone. HE doesn't deserve to be here. Then they can figure out what they have with Wentz in a new system, but again...Bro...who has Doug made better on this team? JM and DG are the only two people playing better. He needs to go, so they need a new coach regardless. I'd just like to know for sure about Wentz before they toss him.

3 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

I’ll be here because I’m a Philadelphia Eagles fan.  However Carstans like you will be rooting for Indy or whatever team your boy sinks next year.  Have fun!

What's a Carstan?  

14 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Yep he played bad. But he deserves the offseason to see if he got himself straight. He also could use some better coaching and talent around him as well. And no that isn't asking for to much. 

He deserves it if he wants to stay an Eagle and commit to fixing issues for which he is responsible. This would be a good path forward for him if the Eagles would support him with better coaching.  If he looks around and only sees external reasons for his lack of success and wants out, then don't let the door hit you in the a$$. He has yet to publicly demonstrate this self awareness and take personal responsibility. All we have heard is that he needs to try harder and as uncle albert said ""The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”  It is an opinion and I hope I am wrong. I like Wentz and wish him nothing but success with the Eagles or his next team. Right now though, his behavior reads like a cautionary tale --  Cam Newton part II. BTW, so does Pederson's. His apparent inability to hold people accountable, make decisions based on merit and not loyalty and understand what is necessary from a physical preparedness perspective (how to prepare in a modern sense in order to minimize injury) are characteristics that will limit the success of the team. It looks like the triad of Pederson, Flip and Reich compensated for this. He needs to surround himself with better coaches, not an old boys club, and recognize how his tendencies contribute to the problem. 

2 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

So you're such a fan that you want the heavily invested in franchise QB to fail?

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

What's a Carstan?  

You and the rest of the fans who want Carson back since he’s "proven”, a "franchise QB”, "MVP caliber” etc.

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

What's a Carstan?  

Maybe needs a space and I'll pretend I am Stan. "Its a vehicle used for transportation.." 😉

So you're such a fan that you want the heavily invested in franchise QB to fail?

Has to be RTK with a new account

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

He already failed.  I want him out because he’s a proven failure.

What kind of fan wants to keep a proven failure around to fail even more?  Why would you put a failing player above the team?

35 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

Man, Tyrone is spot on describing some posters around here.

No he's not, he's a clown like the rest of the Wentz apologists. The fact is, this idea that there are Wentz haters is almost completely false. Are there some people who are irrational and hate guy, sure. Are people who point out the facts about him and don't make every excuse possible for him ''haters,'' nope. Pointing out that he has been the worst starting QB in the league this year is a fact. Pointing out he is 35-33-1 as a starter is fact. Pointing out he has zero playoff wins is a fact. Pointing out that Doug wqon a SB with Foles and has a much better record without Carson at QB is a fact. Pointing out there have been several reports to come out that the guy is a stubborn know it all who doesnt listen to the coaches and isnt well liked in the locker room is a fact. This narrative that pointing out facts and admitting the truth about this guy makes someone a hater is ridiculous and exposes people like you and Tyrone ''I constantly talk down to fans'' Johnson as frauds.

1 minute ago, Arsenal79 said:

What kind of fan wants to keep a proven failure around to fail even more?  Why would you put a failing player above the team?

Actually he's not. He had a bad year. How fast you forget him taking a garbage team on his back to win the division. 

7 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

You and the rest of the fans who want Carson back since he’s "proven”, a "franchise QB”, "MVP caliber” etc.

Well, that explanation was more ridiculous than I thought it would be.  Back to the drawing board for you! 

2 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

No he's not, he's a clown like the rest of the Wentz apologists. The fact is, this idea this idea that there are Wentz haters is almost completely false. Are there some people who are irrational and hate guy, sure. Are people who point out the facts about him and don't make every excuse possible for him ''haters,'' nope. Pointing out that he has been the worst starting QB in the league this year is a fact. Pointing out he is 35-33-1 as a starter is fact. Pointing out he has zero playoff wins is a fact. Pointing out that Doug wqon a SB with Foles and has a much better record without Carson at QB is a fact. Pointing out there have been several reports to come out that the guy is a stubborn know it all who doesnt listen to the coaches and isnt well liked in the locker room is a fact. This narrative that pointing out facts and admitting the truth about this guy makes someone a hater is ridiculous and exposes people like you and Tyrone ''I constantly talk down to fans'' Johnson as frauds.

Doug hasn’t won’t anything without Reich. 

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Actually he's not. He had a bad year. How fast you forget him taking a garbage team on his back to win the division. 

He had 1 good year. He has never been "that" guy.

He never was a leader of men.

A garbage division.  Then he got himself knocked out of the playoffs immediately with his trademark stupid and reckless hero ball.

I couldn’t care less about backing into the playoffs at 9-7 in a terrible division.  It was fools gold, as proven by what happened this year.

Just now, Arsenal79 said:

Then he got himself knocked out of the playoffs immediately with his trademark stupid and reckless hero ball.

Funny, I remember a dirty cheap spear shot to the head that took him out. 

1 minute ago, Sturm said:

He had 1 good year. He has never been "that" guy.

He never was a leader of men.

The first point isn't true. And the second point is complete nonsense that you made up. 

3 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Why did this city build a statue of Rocky?

Anyway, I disagree with the argument that he's a "proven failure." My rebuttal is he had a bad season. I also don't advocate keeping someone around to "fail even more." That's really just a strawman on a slippery slope. I would like to see him rebound from an off year and for this team to right the ship. 

2 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

No he's not, he's a clown like the rest of the Wentz apologists. The fact is, this idea this idea that there are Wentz haters is almost completely false. Are there some people who are irrational and hate guy, sure. Are people who point out the facts about him and don't make every excuse possible for him ''haters,'' nope. Pointing out that he has been the worst starting QB in the league this year is a fact. Pointing out he is 35-33-1 as a starter is fact. Pointing out he has zero playoff wins is a fact. Pointing out that Doug wqon a SB with Foles and has a much better record without Carson at QB is a fact. Pointing out there have been several reports to come out that the guy is a stubborn know it all who doesnt listen to the coaches and isnt well liked in the locker room is a fact. This narrative that pointing out facts and admitting the truth about this guy makes someone a hater is ridiculous and exposes people like you and Tyrone ''I constantly talk down to fans'' Johnson as frauds.

Wow someone is feeling a bit defensive. I wonder why🤔

Archived