Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

Just now, brkmsn said:

Why did this city build a statue of Rocky?

Anyway, I disagree with the argument that he's a "proven failure." My rebuttal is he had a bad season. I also don't advocate keeping someone around to "fail even more." That's really just a strawman on a slippery slope. I would like to see him rebound from an off year and for this team to right the ship. 

He's going to rebound.  It sounds like that will be elsewhere unfortunately.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Funny, I remember a dirty cheap spear shot to the head that took him out. 

The first point isn't true. And the second point is complete nonsense that you made up. 

I wish I made it up..

Many reports came out how Wentz would keep to himself in a locker room and only talk to a few people. Dude is soft.

Where was his shrine that Nick got?

Wait....-----------ill wait.

I love how we're able to simultaneously blast Wentz for not playing like an All-Pro, but at the same time acting like Doug and Howie did such a bang-up job around him.  It's almost like coaching and managing a team has something to do with it :roll:

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

Anyway, I disagree with the argument that he's a "proven failure." My rebuttal is he had a bad season. I also don't advocate keeping someone around to "fail even more." That's really just a strawman on a slippery slope. I would like to see him rebound from an off year and for this team to right the ship. 

We have a statue of Nick who is a real winner.

4 minutes ago, Sturm said:

I wish I made it up..

Many reports came out how Wentz would keep to himself in a locker room and only talk to a few people. Dude is soft.

Where was his shrine that Nick got?

Wait....-----------ill wait.

There would be no shrine without home field and first round bye. 

1 minute ago, ShutDownDB said:

Wow someone is feeling a bit defensive. I wonder why🤔

Couldn't be further from the truth. It's called dunking all over a bunch of clowns. Whatever makes you sleep better at night when it comes to your hero Carson though.

Just now, Uscg-green said:

There would be no shrine workout home field and first round bye. 

You wouldn't have that Ring without that Shrine and a real leader.

Just now, brkmsn said:

It’s not happening.  QB’s who are this terrible don’t turn it around.  Carson is on the RG3, Cam Newton path.  Hopefully we find a sucker we can fleece like we did with Sham Bradford.

1 minute ago, Sturm said:

Its cool that you took time away from your cockmeat sandwich to bless us with your presence.

1 minute ago, hukdonfoniks said:

I love how we're able to simultaneously blast Wentz for not playing like an All-Pro, but at the same time acting like Doug and Howie did such a bang-up job around him.  It's almost like coaching and managing a team has something to do with it :roll:

Nice strawman. Most people think Howie should go and that Doug could do a better job which isn't mutually exclusive to anyone's opinion of Wentz.

Plenty of QBs have 1 good year than wash out. How can you keep defending Carson with 1 good gear in 2017! in 2018 he looked like crap and Nick had to save the Season. 2019 he looked just basic winning against poor teams and sneaking into a wild card. Then 2020 looking like trash.

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Its cool that you took time away from your cockmeat sandwich to bless us with your presence.

Thank you, I just finished eating.

3 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

I don't think many are acting like Doug and Howie have done a good job... In fact most absolutely do not think that. Many have blamed Doug for Wentz struggles and some have even used that to absolve Wentz of any blame. 

1 minute ago, Arsenal79 said:

It’s not happening.  QB’s who are this terrible don’t turn it around.  Carson is on the RG3, Cam Newton path.  Hopefully we find a sucker we can fleece like we did with Sham Bradford.

I think he will go elsewhere and have a good season right off the bat and then it will be something. Whether it be an injury, problems in the locker room, or just poor play. It's always something with this guy.

If it was just a bad season from Wentz I would be on board with most of the people that want Wentz to stay here.

However it seems to be a lot more then just Wentz having a bad season. It is an extensive injury history. It is the noise that has come out of the locker room over the years. It is a lot of things.

I think that Wentz is done here in Philly. Not because he cant turn it around and get better, but because of everything else. The only way for him to truly lead and take over this locker room again is for them to gut the entire thing and then if it doesnt work out, it will be all on him and the Eagles will probably be worst off then pulling off the band aid right now.

3 minutes ago, Sturm said:

Funny how the fans turned on him in 2014 for not playing to his 2013 level. They weren't singing his praises until the team won a Super Bowl. 

23 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Bro.

I'm not defending him. I want Doug gone. HE doesn't deserve to be here. Then they can figure out what they have with Wentz in a new system, but again...Bro...who has Doug made better on this team? JM and DG are the only two people playing better. He needs to go, so they need a new coach regardless. I'd just like to know for sure about Wentz before they toss him.

You kinda are defending him though

you want doug gone.  Who do you have in mind to replace him though? 

2 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

I think he will go elsewhere and have a good season right off the bat and then it will be something. Whether it be an injury, problems in the locker room, or just poor play. It's always something with this guy.

He might have a decent season if he’s on a loaded team that carries him.  But it won’t be because of him.  He’s proven he doesn’t have what it takes to elevate a team like a franchise QB is supposed to do.  

3 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Couldn't be further from the truth. It's called dunking all over a bunch of clowns. Whatever makes you sleep better at night when it comes to your hero Carson though.

HAHA! Ok man. Your boy Doug is 20-12 with Reich and without Frank he is 22-24-1. Looks like he kinda sucks without him regardless of QB.

3 minutes ago, Sturm said:

Plenty of QBs have 1 good year than wash out. How can you keep defending Carson with 1 good gear in 2017! in 2018 he looked like crap and Nick had to save the Season. 2019 he looked just basic winning against poor teams and sneaking into a wild card. Then 2020 looking like trash.

Thank you, I just finished eating.

Wentz had a good 2018 --- not "crap" like you keep saying. The team was a bit disappointing, but you can blame Wentz if it makes you feel good.

8 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I would also like to see him rebound.  Because we have a ton invested in him.  But his attitude sucks and he doesnt wanna even be here.  

Just now, T-1000 said:

Nice strawman. Most people think Howie should go and that Doug could do a better job which isn't mutually exclusive to anyone's opinion of Wentz.

No one can blast Wentz like he's getting blasted in here, and at the same time claim they hold Doug and Howie equally accountable. 

Isn't it funny how when Wentz had a coach here that actually built the offense around him, he was an MVP candidate and we were dominating every week?  Then all of a sudden, that coach leaves and the guy who takes the reins from him forces his system down his throat and he struggles? 

Yeah, definitely Wentz's fault.   Let's run him out of town because dipsheet Doug can't tweak his offense to suit his QB and dipsheet Howie has to have his fingers in every pot the team has.  :lol:  

7 minutes ago, Sturm said:

You wouldn't have that Ring without that Shrine and a real leader.

I'm not the one downplaying a contribution. I give Nick full credit for winning the SB. I also give credit to Carson for getting them there. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

I'm not the one downplaying a contribution. I give Nick full credit for winning the SB. I also give credit to Carson for getting them there. 

As much as I don't like Carson you are 100% correct. He was a big part of it.

1 minute ago, hukdonfoniks said:

No one can blast Wentz like he's getting blasted in here, and at the same time claim they hold Doug and Howie equally accountable. 

Isn't it funny how when Wentz had a coach here that actually built the offense around him, he was an MVP candidate and we were dominating every week?  Then all of a sudden, that coach leaves and the guy who takes the reins from him forces his system down his throat and he struggles? 

Yeah, definitely Wentz's fault.   Let's run him out of town because dipsheet Doug can't tweak his offense to suit his QB and dipsheet Howie has to have his fingers in every pot the team has.  :lol:  

Stopped reading after your first comment. I have constantly said all season that Howie needs to go and while I think Doug is the least of the problems I have consistently said his play calling is an issue especially when it comes to his refusal to stick with the run game.

Archived