Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think many are acting like Doug and Howie have done a good job... In fact most absolutely do not think that. Many have blamed Doug for Wentz struggles and some have even used that to absolve Wentz of any blame. 

You can't have the opinion that Wentz sucks and needs to go if you're holding Howie and Doug as accountable as they should be for this mess.  It just logically doesn't add up. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Wentz had a good 2018 --- not "crap" like you keep saying. The team was a bit disappointing, but you can blame Wentz if it makes you feel good.

huh? The season was falling apart with Wentz till Nick came in and rolled off a win streak to get us into playoffs and won a playoff game. Again.

3 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

I would also like to see him rebound.  Because we have a ton invested in him.  But his attitude sucks and he doesnt wanna even be here.  

What do we know about his attitude? Saying "it sucks" is just a "spin." We all know it's killing him to not play, but it's not like he's not showing up. He's practicing with the backups and helping Hurts and doing what he can for the team. Does he want out? Probably at this point, but that's just speculation until I hear something official from him. 

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

This team is doomed

No doubt as long as Howie is calling the shots.

Just now, Sturm said:

As much as I don't like Carson you are 100% correct. He was a big part of it.

Oh no doubt. I don't think they get the #1 seed without Carson! I don't think Foles wins as many games as Carson did that year and ultimately that's what paved the way.

5 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Funny how the fans turned on him in 2014 for not playing to his 2013 level. They weren't singing his praises until the team won a Super Bowl. 

I never turned on him then. I still have his Jersey from 2013. I bought it the year after we drafted him I was a huge fan of his then.

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Wentz had a good 2018 --- not "crap" like you keep saying. The team was a bit disappointing, but you can blame Wentz if it makes you feel good.

He got benched with a bogus injury and Foles turned the season around and won a playoff game.  He was mediocre and consistently came up small when it counted (before getting benched).

56 minutes ago, nipples said:

That’s the same thing. You are paying him either way. No point on playing him if there is a better option. 

How about working with him & his agent to facilitate a trade so you DON'T HAVE TO PAY HIM? Yeah, there's the cap hit but that's there whether he plays, sits or gets traded afaik. If Carson has really given up on Howie & Doug, he'll be willing to work toward a palatable solution for both sides.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh no doubt. I don't think they get the #1 seed without Carson! I don't think Foles wins as many games as Carson did that year and ultimately that's what paved the way.

I will always give Carson for that credit of that wonderful 2017 magic run. This is though the NFL and of course it is a league about what have you done for me now. 3 years later it is already a dream for me.

Just now, hukdonfoniks said:

You can't have the opinion that Wentz sucks and needs to go if you're holding Howie and Doug as accountable as they should be for this mess.  It just logically doesn't add up. 

Course it does. It isn't any one persons fault. Howie assembled a flawed roster. Doug hasn't called great runs but on the field bottom line Carson has absolutely sucked. You can't just absolve Carson of blame when Hurts, as a rookie, has actually been an upgrade.

6 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

HAHA! Ok man. Your boy Doug is 20-12 with Reich and without Frank he is 22-24-1. Looks like he kinda sucks without him regardless of QB.

Even without Reich, Doug has a winning record of 6-4 when he isn't saddled by the anchor around his neck that is Wentz.

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think many are acting like Doug and Howie have done a good job... In fact most absolutely do not think that. Many have blamed Doug for Wentz struggles and some have even used that to absolve Wentz of any blame. 

Who has absolved Wentz of any blame?  I have yet to see that post.  He has some issues and has to improve, but this organization and coaching hasn't done much to help him.  I am starting to lean more your way that an overhaul is needed.  I'd just focus it on FO and coaching staff first.

2 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

Sure it does.  The roster sucks.  The coaching is mediocre.

None of that changes the fact that our so called franchise QB was totally incompetent at his job.

It’s not that hard to figure out if you’re not a deluded Carstan.

Just now, Sturm said:

huh? The season was falling apart with Wentz till Nick came in and rolled off a win streak to get us into playoffs and won a playoff game. Again.

Some of you never get that this is a team sport. I appreciate that Foles did his part as the backup QB. 

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

Even without Reich, Doug has a winning record of 7-4 when he isn't saddled by the anchor around his neck that is Wentz.

7-4!?!?! Super Bowlzzzzzzz! I take it back Doug is a genius.

Just now, Sturm said:

I will always give Carson for that credit of that wonderful 2017 magic run. This is though the NFL and of course it is a league about what have you done for me now. 3 years later it is already a dream for me.

Precisely. The year after that SB victory Carson was up and down (more up than down but still inconsistent and this team stumbled until Wentz went down). 2019 Wentz struggled until getting it together in the final 4 games (against bad teams). And then... Well we don't need to go in to this year. 

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

What do we know about his attitude? Saying "it sucks" is just a "spin." We all know it's killing him to not play, but it's not like he's not showing up. He's practicing with the backups and helping Hurts and doing what he can for the team. Does he want out? Probably at this point, but that's just speculation until I hear something official from him. 

When two of the most respected NFL insiders that are reporting it, its more than just speculation to me. 

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Who has absolved Wentz of any blame?  I have yet to see that post.  He has some issues and has to improve, but this organization and coaching hasn't done much to help him.  I am starting to lean more your way that an overhaul is needed.  I'd just focus it on FO and coaching staff first.

Oh it's Dougs fault. Oh it's Howie's fault. Oh it's the injuries. Oh it's the play calling. Oh they don't have enough run pass balance. Wentz is absolutely babied within this organisation. 

Just now, Dwide Schrude said:

When two of the most respected NFL insiders that are reporting it, its more than just speculation to me. 

What does that have to do with his attitude? Is he not doing what he's being asked to do? Is he doing pushups in his driveway?

4 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

6-4*!?!?! Super Bowlzzzzzzz! I take it back Doug is a genius.

60% win rate, makes for a 10 win season with backup QBs.

Now what's his record with Wentz and without Reich again???

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh it's Dougs fault. Oh it's Howie's fault. Oh it's the injuries. Oh it's the play calling. Oh they don't have enough run pass balance. Wentz is absolutely babied within this organisation. 

If he were babied, would he get benched?

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Even more so by this delusional segment of the fan base.  They’re still in denial while thankfully it appears the organization is ready to move on.

Zero playoff wins, we lost nothing. Get the money back. Too mentally weak to handle anything. 

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

If he were babied, would he get benched?

He should have been benched weeks before. And even when he was benched Doug didn't want to just do the obvious and announce Hurts as the starter after each game. 

1 minute ago, Arsenal79 said:

Even more so by this delusional segment of the fan base.  They’re still in denial while thankfully it appears the organization is ready to move on.

Umm I wouldn't get ahead of yourself or get excited just yet. 

If we had fans his ass would have got benched by the bye 

Archived