Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

15 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

Injury prone? Old news

Leadership questions? Rumors

What's next? You're almost out of clickbait topics to bring up

You dont address rumors like Wentz did and say you have to get better.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

Aside from a dirty hit from a dirty player, he hasn't been injured since 2018. "Where there's smoke there's fire" come on man, bring something real to the table or leave it. 

It's true I would rather have Carson on this team next year because I believe he can and will bounce back from his dumpster fire season. Let's talk about compensation...that contract and how he played this year? Jesus they could MAYBE get a 2nd from a desperate team, but most likely a 3rd or worse and a later pick. If they keep him and he plays better but the Org is still iffy about him, his trade value will be higher after next year and I think the cap hit will be lower. Personally, I think that makes the most sense but I'm just some random posting on the EMB.

Injured is injured regardless of how it happens, and if the shoe fits with the leadership issues leaks it fits, which he admitted to as to getting better, as did Doug.

And what if he sucks next year as well like he did this year? Then you would have to attach a 1st rd pick just to get rid of him. And his cap hit goes up drastically after the off-season begins, so trading him is now or never.

2 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

It's true I would rather have Carson on this team next year because I believe he can and will bounce back from his dumpster fire season. Let's talk about compensation...that contract and how he played this year? Jesus they could MAYBE get a 2nd from a desperate team, but most likely a 3rd or worse and a later pick. If they keep him and he plays better but the Org is still iffy about him, his trade value will be higher after next year and I think the cap hit will be lower. Personally, I think that makes the most sense but I'm just some random posting on the EMB

And if that's your opinion then there's nothing wrong with that. The best thing for this team would be for Wentz to turn it around no doubt. That contract, as it stands right now, is a bad contract for the Eagles to have to swallow. But if Wentz can't turn it around? And I don't think he will here in Philly then I think they need to eat that contract sooner rather than later. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What i find odd about it is that surely the one thing we all want, as fans, is the team to succeed? Now we all have different views on how that may happen but that's what we want isn't it? So why do we have to back this player or that player? If we don't think a player is very good and can hold this team back then should we not want them benched or moved on? I don't mean even with just Wentz I mean with any player. 

We are Eagles fans, not Wentz fans, not Foles fans, not Cox fans or BG fans. We want the Eagles above all else to win. 

Because we think the team would be better with Wentz as QB and a different coach vs Doug as coach with Hurts as QB. 

Just now, wtfcares said:

Because we think the team would be better with Wentz as QB and a different coach vs Doug as coach with Hurts as QB. 

But that's fine that's your opinion (and others too). And there are some who think this team would be better off without Carson but with Doug and others who think both should be gone. Doesn't make anyone a hater for not thinking a player can play well or help this team. 

Just now, pallidrone said:

You dont address rumors like Wentz did and say you have to get better.

I mean what is he supposed to say? "The coward hiding behind anonymous talkin ish is wrong and I'm the best leader ever."  Carson, whether or not he was being genuine, isn't afraid of being critical of himself.

2017 - Torn ACL

2018 - Broken back

2019 - Concussion in playoff game

2020 - No injuries

Injuries are most definitely NOT in the past for this guy. This is the first year since his rookie season that injuries didn't have a major effect on his season.

As for the questions about his leadership and coachability. Anyone denying the amount of smoke there is with that stuff and brushing it off as ''just rumors'' is fooling themselves. Do I know for a fact it's an issue, no. Do I know there have been several reports of this and have I seen the team play much harder and better for Foles and Hurts, yep.

Just now, ShutDownDB said:

I mean what is he supposed to say? "The coward hiding behind anonymous talkin ish is wrong and I'm the best leader ever."  Carson, whether or not he was being genuine, isn't afraid of being critical of himself.

-Philly voice article questioned his leadership and likeability in the locker room

-Josina Anderson report did the same

-Rex Ryan this year said he heard from sources inside the Eagles organization that he thinks he knows everything and isn't coachable

-The team has clearly played better and harder for Foles and Hurts

''Just rumors'' though, right.....

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But that's fine that's your opinion (and others too). And there are some who think this team would be better off without Carson but with Doug and others who think both should be gone. Doesn't make anyone a hater for not thinking a player can play well or help this team. 

Agreed I didn’t call nor am I calling anyone a hater. 

Just pissed our organization is likely setting its self behind another 2-3 years until they realize they need to get rid of Doug and then they’ll have to find another QB while Wentz will likely succeed if he goes to Indi

4 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

2017 - Torn ACL

2018 - Broken back

2019 - Concussion in playoff game

2020 - No injuries

Injuries are most definitely NOT in the past for this guy. This is the first year since his rookie season that injuries didn't have a major effect on his season.

As for the questions about his leadership and coachability. Anyone denying the amount of smoke there is with that stuff and brushing it off as ''just rumors'' is fooling themselves. Do I know for a fact it's an issue, no. Do I know there have been several reports of this and have I seen the team play much harder and better for Foles and Hurts, yep.

Doug flat out said after that report came out that Carson needed to be a better leader, be more vulnerable and communicate with more guys in the locker room. So clearly there was a leadership issue, there is no brushing it under the rug as "rumours".

And don't forget broken ribs in his rookie year, and injuries in college.

5 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Injured is injured regardless of how it happens, and if the shoe fits with the leadership issues leaks it fits, which he admitted to as to getting better, as did Doug.

And what if he sucks next year as well like he did this year? Then you would have to attach a 1st rd pick just to get rid of him. And his cap hit goes up drastically after the off-season begins, so trading him is now or never.

Well that's the gamble, isn't it? Either the Org thinks he can bounce back and they roll with him or they cut bait now. Until a move is made we're all just sitting here talking ish.

1 minute ago, wtfcares said:

Agreed I didn’t call nor am I calling anyone a hater. 

Just pissed our organization is likely setting its self behind another 2-3 years until they realize they need to get rid of Doug and then they’ll have to find another QB while Wentz will likely succeed if he goes to Indi

Oh no I know you weren't. But I do see it a lot where someone is called a hater for not liking a coach or player etc. Bottom line i want the Eagles to succeed no matter who's coach or QB. I just have my own views on what may be best for them. Quite often I'm wrong, from time to time I'm right. 

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What i find odd about it is that surely the one thing we all want, as fans, is the team to succeed? Now we all have different views on how that may happen but that's what we want isn't it? So why do we have to back this player or that player? If we don't think a player is very good and can hold this team back then should we not want them benched or moved on? I don't mean even with just Wentz I mean with any player. 

We are Eagles fans, not Wentz fans, not Foles fans, not Cox fans or BG fans. We want the Eagles above all else to win. 

EXACTLY!! Eagles fan for life!! I want the team to win....will never root for them to lose and will root for WHOEVER is under center. And to answer your question, I no longer think Wentz is capable of leading this team to wins. He has shown it in 12 games this season, he beat bad teams for a stretch last year and 2018 he was injured. I will not type out what all of his issues are here but I just do not think, after five years, he is the guy to lead us to wins. I don't know either if Hurts is that guy as in my humble opinion, it is just about impossible to be able to accurately determine Hurts is "that guy" after just three games. We still have yet to see. But I do believe this offense looks alot different with him inserted as the starter. 

If this opinion makes me a "hater"....so be it

7 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

EXACTLY!! Eagles fan for life!! I want the team to win....will never root for them to lose and will root for WHOEVER is under center. And to answer your question, I no longer think Wentz is capable of leading this team to wins. He has shown it in 12 games this season, he beat bad teams for a stretch last year and 2018 he was injured. I will not type out what all of his issues are here but I just do not think, after five years, he is the guy to lead us to wins. I don't know either if Hurts is that guy as in my humble opinion, it is just about impossible to be able to accurately determine Hurts is "that guy" after just three games. We still have yet to see. But I do believe this offense looks alot different with him inserted as the starter. 

If the opposite opinion makes you a wentzstan or whatever you guys call it then so be it also right?  Both sides call each other stupid names.  One side thinks it’s better to move forward with wentz and a new coach and one side is done with wentz and want to move on with hurts.  One side calls the other a wentz lover and the other side calls you a hater.  

5 minutes ago, phil77 said:

If the opposite opinion makes you a wentzstan or whatever you guys call it then so be it also right?  Both sides call each other stupid names.  One side thinks it’s better to move forward with wentz and a new coach and one side is done with wentz and want to move on with hurts.  One side calls the other a wentz lover and the other side calls you a hater.  

The difference is that your side is wrong. No matter what factual information is given about Wentz there is always an excuse or it's just someone's else's fault when it comes to a high percentage of the fan base.

1 minute ago, T-1000 said:

The difference is that your side is wrong. No matter what factual information is given about Wentz there is always an excuse or it's just someone's else's fault when it comes to a high percentage of the fan base.

Lmao same thing can be said about the side defending Doug. 

16 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

This argument over QBs repeats itself over and over again around here. It happened with Foles, Vick and McNabb. We aren't happy unless we fight about QBs, it's crazy lol.

18 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

The real question is why did this all start to begin with? Why are there so many 'rumors' that are associated with Wentz?

There is an issue with the locker room that all circle around Wentz and I am not sure that you can really fix that. I feel the best way is to pull off the band aid and start all over. The Eagles are going to be terrible next year regardless of which way they go just from the pure fact that they will have to cut so many players and start so many rookies and young players. You might as well try to shoot for 2022 with as much ammunition as possible which includes removing the huge Wentz cap number.

Just now, T-1000 said:

I will ride with any QB my stance as always been that either wentz or Doug had to go and that both hurts and wentz can’t be on the roster together to start next season.  Beyond that I don’t care which direction the teams goes they just need to be clear and on the same page going forward.  I don’t think Doug and hurts will win a super bowl and depending where wentz goes I doubt he will win one. So I don’t think it matters which way they go but I would like the franchise to have one voice and a clear direction.  

In the blog thread I provided many examples of QBs that have had down years and the team stuck with them and were rewarded with excellent play?  Will that happen with wentz?  Who knows.   I feel wentz has just as good of a chance to make it back to an above average starter as hurts does as becoming just an average starter. 

3 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Lmao same thing can be said about the side defending Doug. 

You are missing the point. Not everybody is taking an all or nothing approach and saying it's all one person's fault. 

2 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

You are missing the point. Not everybody is taking an all or nothing approach and saying it's all one person's fault. 

Your side is the one blaming it mainly on Wentz. And acting like getting rid of Wentz and keeping Doug will make the team better. If you recognize Doug was it fault as well why do you want him back? 

Every person that has defended Wentz has said that he’s played poorly this year and been part of the problem. But the issue is he’s a smaller piece of the problem than Doug. 

33 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agree.  But we need to argue here.  Its what we do

But When your franchise qb cant:

A) win over the locker room 

B) avoid injuries

C) take criticism

D) except that he needs to improve

E) fight for his job 

F) keep his dirty laundry with doug in-house

I think all eagles fans are dissatisfied with the leadership skills wentz has brought to the table    

1 minute ago, phil77 said:

I will ride with any QB my stance as always been that either wentz or Doug had to go and that both hurts and wentz can’t be on the roster together to start next season.  Beyond that I don’t care which direction the teams goes they just need to be clear and on the same page going forward.  I don’t think Doug and hurts will win a super bowl and depending where wentz goes I doubt he will win one. So I don’t think it matters which way they go but I would like the franchise to have one voice and a clear direction.  

In the blog thread I provided many examples of QBs that have had down years and the team stuck with them and were rewarded with excellent play?  Will that happen with wentz?  Who knows.   I feel wentz has just as good of a chance to make it back to an above average starter as hurts does as becoming just an average starter. 

Minus 2017 which is years ago now and several big injuries ago, Wentz's looks a hell of a lot more like a Kirk Cousins type than an elite QB. He's more likely to be another RG3 at this point than a top 10 QB. This is another point that I think a lot of people miss, moving on from Wentz is about Wentz and not about proclaiming that Hurts is the answer. I don't know if Hurts is the answer or not, but I already know the 35 million dollar 5th year QB isn't. If the team can get something for him while dealing with the high cap hit for one year to trade him, so be it.

2 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Your side is the one blaming it mainly on Wentz. And acting like getting rid of Wentz and keeping Doug will make the team better. If you recognize Doug was it fault as well why do you want him back? 

Every person that has defended Wentz has said that he’s played poorly this year and been part of the problem. But the issue is he’s a smaller piece of the problem than Doug. 

WRONG, you are filling in the blanks to suit your narrative.

1 minute ago, SNOORDA said:

Agree.  But we need to argue here.  Its what we do

But When your franchise qb cant:

A) win over the locker room 

B) avoid injuries

C) take criticism

D) except that he needs to improve

E) fight for his job 

F) keep his dirty laundry with doug in-house

I think all eagles fans are dissatisfied with the leadership skills wentz has brought to the table    

Stop bringing facts into this....you Wentz hater.

3 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Minus 2017 which is years ago now and several big injuries ago, Wentz's looks a hell of a lot more like a Kirk Cousins type than an elite QB. He's more likely to be another RG3 at this point than a top 10 QB. This is another point that I think a lot of people miss, moving on from Wentz is about Wentz and not about proclaiming that Hurts is the answer. I don't know if Hurts is the answer or not, but I already know the 35 million dollar 5th year QB isn't. If the team can get something for him while dealing with the high cap hit for one year to trade him, so be it.

WRONG, you are filling in the blanks to suit your narrative.

Stop trying to borrow courage from other people. Answer the question: Do you want Doug back? 

Archived