Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

18 minutes ago, Seventy_Yard_FG said:

For all Wentz knows he might think Lurie wants to trade him

Well Carson knows (cause we know too) the Eagles felt the need draft a quarterback and bench him for that quarterback. If the Eagles were 100% behind Carson none of those things happen. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

How about some of us realize Carson had a bad year but has proven to be an outstanding QB before and have the patience to see what he will look like next year. 

You are the type that will rationalize your girl "seeing" another guy but still thinking it will work out with her somehow...lol!

8 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Yeah maybe we watched a different season for wentz this year idk. 

We must have.  You want to cancel him because he didn't meet your expectations.  Well, guess what?  He didn't meet mine either, but there are a myriad of issues that have to be considered in this.  I don't think he failed by himself, like you do, and I see upside.  You'd rather start over.  Just imagine, if your employer dumped you because he felt you were done after a bad stretch....

7 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

How about some of us realize Carson had a bad year but has proven to be an outstanding QB before and have the patience to see what he will look like next year. 

I guess. Just haven’t seen many years if any like this from any top 10 qbs in the league: 

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

We must have.  You want to cancel him because he didn't meet your expectations.  Well, guess what?  He didn't meet mine either, but there are a myriad of issues that have to be considered in this.  I don't think he failed by himself, like you do, and I see upside.  You'd rather start over.  Just imagine, if your employer dumped you because he felt you were done after a bad stretch....

When did I say he failed by himself. There are plenty of issues, and a very large one was Wentz. 

2 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I guess. Just haven’t seen many years if any like this from any top 10 qbs in the league: 

When did I say he failed by himself. There are plenty of issues, and a very large one was Wentz. 

And injuries.  And Howie's inability to draft any talent.  And Doug's weak performance as a HC.  He is no more or less responsible than any of those.  You seem to think those were minor or caused by him.

Doesn't matter anyway.  Its gametime and you have made up your mind to cancel him.  

The same people who think this is ''only a rumor'' after Schefter and Mort both reported it probably also think that the world is flat.

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

And injuries.  And Howie's inability to draft any talent.  And Doug's weak performance as a HC.  He is no more or less responsible than any of those.  You seem to think those were minor or caused by him.

Doesn't matter anyway.  Its gametime and you have made up your mind to cancel him.  

Nah I just think he sucks now and needs a once in a decade roster to play anywhere near the 2017 level again. The odds of building a roster close to the 2017 team in the next 2 years is zero, so we should continue our quest to find a qb that actually makes the team better and is worth investing in. 

3 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

The same people who think this is ''only a rumor'' after Schefter and Mort both reported it probably also think that the world is flat.

Hello Kyrie

1 hour ago, wtfcares said:

This is not new. The writing has been on the wall since he was benched and scapegoated. There was no way he and Doug can both be back. Plenty of playing have been saying that. 

It’s only the people blaming Wentz that were oblivious thinking somehow he would be the first QB in the last 20 years to be benched for the last 4 games of the season then come back the following year and succeed with their same team.

Just curious who is scapegoating Carson?

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Just curious who is scapegoating Carson?

The front office when they benched Wentz and kept playing the likes of Peters and Alshon. And now keeping Doug telling us he’s not the issue. 

Just now, wtfcares said:

The front office when they benched Wentz and kept playing the likes of Peters and Alshon. And now keeping Doug telling us he’s not the issue. 

Um for as much money as they’re paying Wentz that doesn’t even make sense. Also Wentz played in 12 games this year. Jeffery only played in 7 and Jason Peters played in 8. By your logic Carson should have been benched much sooner than he actually was. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Um for as much money as they’re paying Wentz that doesn’t even make sense. Also Wentz played in 12 games this year. Jeffery only played in 7 and Jason Peters played in 8. By your logic Carson should have been benched much sooner than he actually was. 

...come on man you know Alshon wasn’t available the first 7 games and JP got hurt. The point is when the team was playing horribly and they were all available, the only player that got benched was Wentz. That tells us the team is acting like he was the issue. Then they decide to bring Doug back after the season. That to me is scapegoating Wentz since Doug still can’t call a game properly eversince Reich left, the OL is still giving up a ton of sacks as they have all year, the WRs still not getting separation, and they can’t develop a player to save their lives. 

In my opinion, if you’re not over Carson Wentz you’ve clinging to a version of him that we’ve not seen in years.  He’s been maybe a bit better than mediocre post injury.  His shortcomings were visible this year because of the supporting cast, but they’ve always been there and he’s likely too old to rebuild around knowing that he doesn’t have the desired intangibles or personality and he’s eating up more than his true value against the cap.  

We need to move on.  This team is way too old.  We need a few years to recover and build around our core young players.  We have some talent but overpaying older players as a philosophy is proving to be a real problem.  

On 1/2/2021 at 7:04 PM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I guess its Backup QB Syndrome (or just Negadelphia), but I continue to be shocked at how many people want to roll with a QB widely projected to be a 5th round project.  All of the sudden, we are supposed to believe that Howie got this one right.  Wrong!

Hurts was widely regarded as a 2nd round pick, not a 5th round project.

Here is my prediction (for y’all in the back, this is not what I want. This is really a shot at Howie)

Howie and the Eagles work with Wentz to see what is the best situation for him and would be willing to take less in trade compensation to make sure they end time with Wentz on good terms...

6 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

You kinda are defending him though

you want doug gone.  Who do you have in mind to replace him though? 

Have to see who is out there. And no I'm not. Wentz may suck, but he may do well under a new system. Until we see that it is an unknown. People can say they know for sure, but they are talking out their backsides.

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

Here is my prediction.

Howie and the Eagles work with Wentz to see what is the best situation for him and would be willing to take less in trade compensation to make sure they end time with Wentz on good terms...

Please tell me you are joking.

7 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Please tell me you are joking.

Please read.

This is not what I’m hoping happens. I am just point out how bad the GM is. It is well documented that the Eagles move with their hearts and not their heads. Contracts, drafts, trades (or lack there of)

5 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Please read.

This is not what I’m hoping happens. I am just point out how bad the GM is. It is well documented that the Eagles move with their hearts and not their heads. Contracts, drafts, trades (or lack there of)

:facepalm:

On 1/2/2021 at 2:04 PM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I guess its Backup QB Syndrome (or just Negadelphia), but I continue to be shocked at how many people want to roll with a QB widely projected to be a 5th round project.  All of the sudden, we are supposed to believe that Howie got this one right.  Wrong!

To be fair, Hurts was predicted to be a 3rd round pick. With a few people feeling that a team might fall in love with his skills and reach for him in the second. 

BetOnline bookmakers have Hurts being selected in the third round as the favorite on this prop. Despite fantastic college statistics, plus his number of games played, Hurts enters the draft with lingering questions. Pocket poise is the most significant question mark as Hurts is viewed as a one-read quarterback. That is due to sometimes struggling to read defenses and becoming a runner if his first pass option isn't open. If Hurts falls to the third round, the Las Vegas Raiders could take him 80th overall

8 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Agree.  But we need to argue here.  Its what we do

But When your franchise qb cant:

A) win over the locker room 

B) avoid injuries

C) take criticism

D) except that he needs to improve

E) fight for his job 

F) keep his dirty laundry with doug in-house

I think all eagles fans are dissatisfied with the leadership skills wentz has brought to the table    

Oh I agree a forum is a place to argue and to debate etc. I just don't get why some fans, and I don't mean you, feel the need to call others haters etc. 

5 hours ago, wtfcares said:

...come on man you know Alshon wasn’t available the first 7 games and JP got hurt. The point is when the team was playing horribly and they were all available, the only player that got benched was Wentz. That tells us the team is acting like he was the issue. Then they decide to bring Doug back after the season. That to me is scapegoating Wentz since Doug still can’t call a game properly eversince Reich left, the OL is still giving up a ton of sacks as they have all year, the WRs still not getting separation, and they can’t develop a player to save their lives. 

Carson had more chances than anyone to prove himself and get out of the funk. The Eagles gave that dude one of the best contracts in football, and let a SB MVP walk out the door to satisfy his ego. Seriously how much more coddling does this guy need? Now that the Eagles are giving him some actual competition he wants to run away? If the guy can’t handle competition then he’s not out dueling Tom Brady in a playoff game where he’s throwing for over 500 yards. Carson can look no further than than himself for his benching. 

2 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Please read.

The Eagles will not be working to coddle a guy who threw a fit and wants out cause he stunk up the joint after they coddled him from 2016-2019.

Wentz has proven every damned thing in that expose’ piece was/is true. What a piece of work this guy is. 

Archived