Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

Prediction: Eagles trade Wentz for a 2nd rounder. Eagles draft Zach Wilson. 

I’m not joking. Wish I was. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Runtherock said:

Wentz has proven every damned thing in that expose’ piece was/is true. What a piece of work this guy is. 

We still don't know if Wentz actually has given that ultimatum though. We still don't know if Wentz actually wants to be traded and what lengths he'll go to in order to make that trade happen. 

2 hours ago, Diddy1111 said:

Prediction: Eagles trade Wentz for a 2nd rounder. Eagles draft Zach Wilson. 

I’m not joking. Wish I was. 

Or Trey Lance.....they just the wrong North Dakota St QB 😀

The way Hurts said: "We will come back on a mission" should tell everyone who next seasons QB will be. This is no fake confidence, this sounds to me like a man who already has been told that he will be the starter moving forward. And that is what is going to happen, the rest is just trying to keep Wentz's value.

Amazing to think that after just one bad year we would chase Jesus off our barn..

21 minutes ago, Infam said:

The way Hurts said: "We will come back on a mission" should tell everyone who next seasons QB will be. This is no fake confidence, this sounds to me like a man who already has been told that he will be the starter moving forward. And that is what is going to happen, the rest is just trying to keep Wentz's value.

Amazing to think that after just one bad year we would chase Jesus off our barn..

You are reading way too much into that comment, but thats what we do here.  It's more likely that he meant the team.  If you ever see him interview, he is a pretty quiet and unassuming I ng guy.

1 hour ago, Infam said:

Doug also says he believes he and Carson can work together to make things right. Hurts has spoken like that after every game and been about the team. You're reading way too much into a post game interview. 

Let me know when someone has a direct quote from Wentz saying he wants to be traded.

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles will not be working to coddle a guy who threw a fit and wants out cause he stunk up the joint after they coddled him from 2016-2019.

He wasn’t impressive in 2018 and he was "shut down” due to injury but really because he was hurt and playing badly. He wasn’t impressive in 2019 and maybe should also have been benched but pulled himself together in the last 5 weeks. He was terrible in 2020. He probably wasn’t benched solely for his play in 2020.

4 hours ago, Runtherock said:

Wentz has proven every damned thing in that expose’ piece was/is true. What a piece of work this guy is. 

Agreed. If these stories are true, then he is wayyy less mature than we were led to believe and he probably needs a fresh start somewhere else.

20 minutes ago, greend said:

Let me know when someone has a direct quote from Wentz saying he wants to be traded.

You’re being naive if you think this stuff hasn’t come from his agent or someone close to him. 

7 hours ago, kentwo said:

To be fair, Hurts was predicted to be a 3rd round pick. With a few people feeling that a team might fall in love with his skills and reach for him in the second. 

BetOnline bookmakers have Hurts being selected in the third round as the favorite on this prop. Despite fantastic college statistics, plus his number of games played, Hurts enters the draft with lingering questions. Pocket poise is the most significant question mark as Hurts is viewed as a one-read quarterback. That is due to sometimes struggling to read defenses and becoming a runner if his first pass option isn't open. If Hurts falls to the third round, the Las Vegas Raiders could take him 80th overall

I saw a lot of mocks with the Steelers taking him in the 2nd.

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles... let a SB MVP walk out the door to satisfy his ego. 

Wentz is out of here so it hardly matters, but this is a brazen lie. Foles wanted to start so the Eagles had to let him walk. 

That kind of ish tells me something about who you are as a person. 

If Wentz really wants out, he will agree to renegotiate his contract to make it less damaging to the Eagles to trade him. The rumors coming out now only hurts the Eagles chances at making a deal. If teams know the Eagles want to move him badly, they won't offer as much in return.

5 minutes ago, wyote said:

Wentz is out of here so it hardly matters, but this is a brazen lie. Foles wanted to start so the Eagles had to let him walk. 

That kind of ish tells me something about who you are as a person. 

The Eagles actually exercised the option on his contract which Foles then voided to become a FA. 

6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The Eagles actually exercised the option on his contract which Foles then voided to become a FA. 

Exactly. 

I'd think everyone here remembers that. I wouldn't expect to get away with lying about that on TATE. 

32 minutes ago, nipples said:

You’re being naive if you think this stuff hasn’t come from his agent or someone close to him. 

:roll: just like the first time, right? Like I said

14 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He can if he works on his mechanics. He will never be a pure passer, but he can work to improve. I just don’t think he wants to work to get better.

I think Wentz' problem is he thinks he's better than actually is and it has nothing to do with his injuries.

As noted previously from someone who saw all of his NDSU starts, he wrote "Wentz is up and down", when I replied that he looks like a franchise QB he replied, "wait, you'll see".  If that thread is still available you can read it for yourself.

On 1/2/2021 at 5:55 PM, GeorgeM37 said:

I am going to agree with this right here. I see NO reason they should drag this out.....it should be handled immediately

Honestly, if the Colts don't bite I think he's going to have a hard time finding someone who wants him.

8 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Honestly, if the Colts don't bite I think he's going to have a hard time finding someone who wants him.

Ah I dunno, teams go crazy for QB's. And Wentz is still capable. Teams like DEN, NYJ, PIT, NE and a few more could use Wentz. 

I'm not so sure teams are enamored with the QB's that come out of the draft each and every year. I read this morning there are rumors MIA isn't 100% sold on Tua. This happens each and every year, young QB's get hyped up and never even live up to half their potential. At least for Wentz he has shown what he can do, it's just a matter of him doing it again. 

I could see NOLA even taking a look if Brees really retires. 

Wentz will have suitors. 

4 minutes ago, Maga301 said:

Wentz will have suitors. 

He'll have suitors only if a team thinks they can do a Josh Allen-like turnaround with him, otherwise he's SOL. 

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

He'll have suitors only if a team thinks they can do a Josh Allen-like turnaround with him, otherwise he's SOL. 

It depends on the team, look at TENN, they don't need Tannehill to be Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers. Heck Tannehill doesn't even have the ceiling Wentz had when he was healthy. 

I was highly pissed at Wentz this year too but I don't think his career is completely flushed down the drain. But I doubt he has a future hear after everything that's happened. No doubt Wentz should have just sticked to business and kept his mouth shut, but what would any good QB do with this crap show of WR's that we have? This roster is down right pathetic. 

Roughly 24 hours after reporting that Wentz wanted to be traded because his relationship with head coach Doug Pederson and the Eagles is "fractured,” ESPN’s Chris Mortensen doubled down on the assertion during an interview with 975 The Fanatic on Monday.

"I can tell you Carson Wentz wants out,” Mortensen said (via host Jamie Lynch). "Unless you hear Carson stand up (and) say it isn’t true, I’m going to believe my sources here.”

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh I agree a forum is a place to argue and to debate etc. I just don't get why some fans, and I don't mean you, feel the need to call others haters etc. 

Me either.  I always make an effort not to offend people here regardless of what i think of their post(s).  

It’s also ironic that the people who like to take shots at other posters are the ones who get offended the easiest then go on the attack

He is under Contract. The Eagles don't have to trade him. If a team does make an offer, the Eagles will have to consider it. Wentz doesn't have a lot of leverage here 

The relationship is fractured comment doesn't sit well with me. He stunk this season. He should have been benched during the Cleveland game. The Eagles were not wrong to bench him and gave him a longer leash then they needed to. He deserved it based on his poor play. So how did they fracture the relationship exactly? 

3 hours ago, toolg said:

If Wentz really wants out, he will agree to renegotiate his contract to make it less damaging to the Eagles to trade him. The rumors coming out now only hurts the Eagles chances at making a deal. If teams know the Eagles want to move him badly, they won't offer as much in return.

The Eagles will probably have to stroke his ego and placate him a bit.  They pretty much have to keep him at this point. 

Archived