Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

2 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

He is under Contract. The Eagles don't have to trade him. If a team does make an offer, the Eagles will have to consider it. Wentz doesn't have a lot of leverage here 

The relationship is fractured comment doesn't sit well with me. He stunk this season. He should have been benched during the Cleveland game. The Eagles were not wrong to bench him. He deserved it based on his poor play. So how did they fracture the relationship exactly? 

Wentz seems soft and entitled. He's starting to embody everything I disliked about McNabb and he doesn't have any of McNabb's success. That said they'll have to make nice with him to get the best out of him next season. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Gannan said:

The Eagles will probably have to stroke his ego and placate him a bit.  They pretty much have to keep him at this point. 

Not sure they have to keep him. And if he truly wants out, he can help the cause by re-working his contract to make himself more tradeable. 

5 minutes ago, nipples said:

Not sure they have to keep him. And if he truly wants out, he can help the cause by re-working his contract to make himself more tradeable. 

It's probably better if they try see if they can get him back to being good here. They're not going to get much for him in a trade. He's potenitally worth more to us than he is onthe trade market. If he sucks again next year, ship him out and the cap hit won't be as bad. If they did trade him, I'm not sure who would QB this team. Hurts doesn't look like an NFL starter to me. 

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I think Wentz' problem is he thinks he's better than actually is and it has nothing to do with his injuries.

As noted previously from someone who saw all of his NDSU starts, he wrote "Wentz is up and down", when I replied that he looks like a franchise QB he replied, "wait, you'll see".  If that thread is still available you can read it for yourself.

Carson’s own hubris is a major problem here. We know he butted heads with the people who tried to coach him up. We know they kept Taylor because he makes things easier for Carson. There was the report out there that he doesn’t want to run the "Foles stuff.” That same "stuff” they’re basically using with Hurts. Carson wants to do things his way and only his way. That’s why I’m not so convinced the Colts can’t wait to get their hands on Carson. Reich also knows how much of a pain this guy can be too. 

3 hours ago, wyote said:

Wentz is out of here so it hardly matters, but this is a brazen lie. Foles wanted to start so the Eagles had to let him walk. 

That kind of ish tells me something about who you are as a person. 

The Eagles made a choice you dope. They chose Carson and what quarterback doesn’t want to start? Seriously who wants to come in and be a backup especially on the tram you won the super bowl with and led to the playoffs. The Eagles chose the guy who was on the sidelines so yes they made things easier for Carson by letting Foles walk out the door.

4 hours ago, greend said:

Let me know when someone has a direct quote from Wentz saying he wants to be traded.

Better yet. Show me the direct quote where Carson declares it’s all false. 

I love how the Wentz apologists swear this is all a lie, but those same dopes swear up and down that Jeffery was the one ripping Carson with no real proof to that either. :whistle:

16 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Better yet. Show me the direct quote where Carson declares it’s all false. 

How is that better yet?  How about better yet Eagles fans stop believing every little rumor they hear and run around like lil bishes whining about stuff that probably didn't happen.

We've already seen 1 retraction about this very subject.

well, if I learned anything last night. Sudfield is no Koy Detmer. He's not even an AJ Feeley. 

For a guy who has been with the Eagles as long as he has, I'd expect more from him.

1 minute ago, greend said:

How is that better yet?  How about better yet Eagles fans stop believing every little rumor they hear and run around like lil bishes whining about stuff that probably didn't happen.

Funny no one seems to mind believing the Jeffery was bashing Wentz tho. I wonder what’s so different? 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Funny no one seems to mind believing the Jeffery was bashing Wentz tho. I wonder what’s so different? 

Straw man. And it kind of makes my point anyways doesn't it?

2 minutes ago, greend said:

It is what agents do in the best interest of their clients -- to use the media to try and gain the best negotiating position. The represented player might not come up with the idea but must have to give the okay. Don't know if that is what is happening here but it's pretty plausible based on past general agent behavior. I couldn't find where Ryan Tollner, Wentz's agent, has been referenced for this kind of thing but Rosenhaus has certainly set a low bar for such shenanigans.

Just now, greend said:

Straw man. And it kind of makes my point anyways doesn't it?

Naw it’s the same point, but you Wentz beanbag kissers just believe what you want to believe. Kept thinking the ginger Jesus is perfect though. Good day.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Naw it’s the same point, but you Wentz beanbag kissers just believe what you want to believe. Kept thinking the ginger Jesus is perfect though. Good day.

:roll: okay Mrs. Hurts

48 minutes ago, nipples said:

Re working his contract does nothing.  Unless he writes the Eagles a check for 20 million, the cap hit for the Eagles stays the same.

The contract for the team acquiring him is quite good.  This is only a problem for the Eagles, and I doubt he has 20 million lying around.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Oh and right, it is the same point. Alshon story shouldn't have been believed either. But maybe you're a bit too thick to realize you made my point with a different player

1 minute ago, greend said:

:roll: okay Mrs. Hurts

Actually false again. Unlike you beanbag kissers I have no sacred cows. I call them like I see them. 

Just now, greend said:

Oh and right, it is the same point. Alshon story shouldn't have been believed either. But maybe you're a bit too thick to realize you made my point with a different player

Yet you believe it. 

3 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

It is what agents do in the best interest of their clients -- to use the media to try and gain the best negotiating position. The represented player might not come up with the idea but must have to give the okay. Don't know if that is what is happening here but it's pretty plausible based on past general agent behavior. I couldn't find where Ryan Tollner, Wentz's agent, has been referenced for this kind of thing but Rosenhaus has certainly set a low bar for such shenanigans.

While what you say is true that it does occur, that doesn't mean it did here. If Wentz or his camp is quoted as saying this then I'll pay attention to it. 

Actually false again. Unlike you beanbag kissers I have no sacred cows. I call them like I see them. 

Yet you believe it. 

Sure

2 minutes ago, greend said:

While what you say is true that it does occur, that doesn't mean it did here. If Wentz or his camp is quoted as saying this then I'll pay attention to it. 

Sure

Bottom line is I’d love to see your ginger Jesus step up and claim the stories were false. He’s got time to burn to do so if he’s just hanging out at the Linc till 1:30 in the morning. 

Bottom line is I’d love to see your ginger Jesus step up and claim the stories were false. He’s got time to burn to do so if he’s just hanging out at the Linc till 1:30 in the morning. 

Bottom line is he doesn't have to. I thought you told me good day. You have a lot of hate in your heart for some reason. I'm moving on good luck to you. 

7 minutes ago, greend said:

Bottom line is he doesn't have to. I thought you told me good day. You have a lot of hate in your heart for some reason. I'm moving on good luck to you. 

Yeah he does, and the longer he doesn’t the more it lingers. He knows the story is out there and he doesn’t care if people might think he wants out of Philly. That’s all you really need to know. When Doug has to answer questions about Carson not wanting to be here it’s an issue. You people need to wake up and face reality. 

Maybe we see Wentz to the Jets for Sam Darnold and the late first-round pick the Jets got from the Seahawks in the Jamal Adams trade? 

4 hours ago, wyote said:

Well those guys have never been wrong. 

When it comes to Vegas odds and money, you can bet they're pretty reliable. 

17 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Maybe we see Wentz to the Jets for Sam Darnold and the late first-round pick the Jets got from the Seahawks in the Jamal Adams trade? 

Why the hell would we want USC bust Darnold? He is literally the only qb in the nfl this year with a WORSE QB rating than Wentz. 

On 1/3/2021 at 12:48 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

If I were Wentz I wouldn't trust anyone in this organization either. I said way back when the trust is broken and can't be fixed. 

So true, i mean the organization trusted him enough to pay him 130m ? But totally untrustworthy franchise. 🙄

Archived