Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Carson’s own hubris is a major problem here. We know he butted heads with the people who tried to coach him up. We know they kept Taylor because he makes things easier for Carson. There was the report out there that he doesn’t want to run the "Foles stuff.” That same "stuff” they’re basically using with Hurts. Carson wants to do things his way and only his way. That’s why I’m not so convinced the Colts can’t wait to get their hands on Carson. Reich also knows how much of a pain this guy can be too. 

Thats really interesting because I never looked at it that way.....but now that you mention it, it makes a WHOLE lot of sense.....

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Thats really interesting because I never looked at it that way.....but now that you mention it, it makes a WHOLE lot of sense.....

I do hope I’m wrong. At this point whatever gets Carson out of here sooner the better for both parties. He needs a change of scenery and they need to turn the page.

4 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

So true, i mean the organization trusted him enough to pay him 130m ? But totally untrustworthy franchise. 🙄

Agreed. This organization has protected this player so many times and gave him a truckload of money too boot. The Eagles have been good to Carson. 

6 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

So true, i mean the organization trusted him enough to pay him 130m ? But totally untrustworthy franchise. 🙄

Yeah, poor Carson. Given a huge contract despite being an injury risk and never having won a playoff game. Then being allowed to suck for 12 games before finally being pulled. 

It is just crazy that anyone thinks Wentz was somehow mistreated. He is in this position because he played like garbage. Period. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I do hope I’m wrong. At this point whatever gets Carson out of here sooner the better for both parties. He needs a change of scenery and they need to turn the page.

No argument from me there. I just never thought about Frank Reich probably knowing the guy is a pain and uncoachable as well.....the more I think about it, the more sense it makes

He definitely needs a fresh start but not here. I STILL say its way too early to know if Hurts is "the guy" either but I know for sure that it will only take about a full season to be able to make that determination. 

4 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Wentz was also almost MVP in 2017...No one cares what happened over a year ago. Everybody(Wentz, the team, the fans) just care about what happened this year and going forward.

Wentz played horrible this year along with the rest of the team and the team then chose to scapegoat him. Now they’re on their knees for him because he has all the leverage in the world. 

12 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Wentz was also almost MVP in 2017...No one cares what happened over a year ago. Everybody(Wentz, the team, the fans) just care about what happened this year and going forward.

Wentz played horrible this year along with the rest of the team and the team then chose to scapegoat him. Now they’re on their knees for him because he has all the leverage in the world. 

Benching him for garbage play isnt scapegoat. Wentz is under contract, Philly has all the leverage. He can rot on the bench & his NFL career as a starter dwindles away. That does not sound like leverage for the player, at all.

Teams have managed with high priced guys not working out.

Remember romo & dak? Wasnt Dallass tied to romos contract for another 2-3 seasons with dak starting? Im not worried about the cap.

So apparently Roseman has said that Wentz will be back and that he's a big part of the future of this team?

Now that could be posturing to try and keep Wentz value high but let's assume it isn't. 

So Howie comes back, Doug comes back and Wentz comes back? What the actual F is this garbage? No accountability let's just run it back with the same key people? Brilliant plan to rebuild that. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So apparently Roseman has said that Wentz will be back and that he's a big part of the future of this team?

Now that could be posturing to try and keep Wentz value high but let's assume it isn't. 

So Howie comes back, Doug comes back and Wentz comes back? What the actual F is this garbage? No accountability let's just run it back with the same key people? Brilliant plan to rebuild that. 

I think its a make or break year for all of them. if Wentz doesn't pan out and we go another 4-12 - 6-10 season, i think you are going to see a lot of changes including Roseman. I wish that change happens this year, atleast get another VP of talent evaluation in place who reports to Lurie. We'll see what happens. 

25 minutes ago, nipples said:

Why the hell would we want USC bust Darnold? He is literally the only qb in the nfl this year with a WORSE QB rating than Wentz. 

Same reason Wentz wants out: Change of scenery.  Maybe the three-way deal I originally came up with (if Philip Rivers retires) of Wentz (plus a fifth) to the Colts, Colts sending what likely would be a late first and a fourth to the Jets, Jets send Darnold, the first pick of round two (#33 overall) and a sixth while the Eagles send the Jets a fourth rounder.

It gives the Eagles a legit QB competition for next year with the Eagles sending essentially Wentz, a fourth and fifth round pick between the Colts and Jets for the Jets second rounder (#33) and a sixth plus Darnold. 

21 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Benching him for garbage play isnt scapegoat. Wentz is under contract, Philly has all the leverage. He can rot on the bench & his NFL career as a starter dwindles away. That does not sound like leverage for the player, at all.

Teams have managed with high priced guys not working out.

Remember romo & dak? Wasnt Dallass tied to romos contract for another 2-3 seasons with dak starting? Im not worried about the cap.

One side is saying they want out and the other side is saying we like them, want them back, and it can be mended. Wonder which one has the leverage and which is on their knees. 

I mean after a year where we had no WR's go for 500 yards we tried to help Wentz by getting Marquise Goodwin,  hoping Desean Jackson would be healthy, John Hightower, Jalen Reagor, Hightower/Watkins, and hoping Alshon would be healthy.  Every move was a complete disaster.

Not only that but we made sure his top target in Ertz was disgruntled and disrespected right before the season started.  Carson then proceeded to play poorly and not play above the talent around him which sucks but at the end of the day could have been avoided had the front office done their job successfully. 

5 minutes ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

I mean after a year where we had no WR's go for 500 yards we tried to help Wentz by getting Marquise Goodwin,  hoping Desean Jackson would be healthy, John Hightower, Jalen Reagor, Hightower/Watkins, and hoping Alshon would be healthy.  Every move was a complete disaster.

Not only that but we made sure his top target in Ertz was disgruntled and disrespected right before the season started.  Carson then proceeded to play poorly and not play above the talent around him which sucks but at the end of the day could have been avoided had the front office done their job successfully. 

Goodwin opted out because of COVID.  I'm wondering if COVID played more of a factor in this disaster than anyone realized. 

4 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Goodwin opted out because of COVID.  I'm wondering if COVID played more of a factor in this disaster than anyone realized. 

Opt out=disaster.  Goodwin was supposed to be a veteran speed threat in case DJax got hurt and poof he was gone before we even knew him.

26 minutes ago, jblah said:

I think its a make or break year for all of them. if Wentz doesn't pan out and we go another 4-12 - 6-10 season, i think you are going to see a lot of changes including Roseman. I wish that change happens this year, atleast get another VP of talent evaluation in place who reports to Lurie. We'll see what happens. 

My god that's such a scary though. Run it back with those who put us in this mess. My god. 

39 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

One side is saying they want out and the other side is saying we like them, want them back, and it can be mended. Wonder which one has the leverage and which is on their knees. 

The side which has the other party signed to a contract for an agreed sum. What are you arguing here? Philly owns carsons arse and if they don't trade him what will he do? Whine & complain? Ok.. if he refuses to play the team fines him. Will he retire? Cool. The only thing hurting philly is his contract and his garbage play, but by no means does that mean Carson has all the leverage. It would be ideal to move on asap so the hit is just for 2021, but i also would give him another chance for 2021.

At the moment i dont believe anything coming from media or PC. Do you expect howie & doug to come out and say we want nothing to do with carson? That all but kills trade value should they go that route.

42 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Same reason Wentz wants out: Change of scenery.  Maybe the three-way deal I originally came up with (if Philip Rivers retires) of Wentz (plus a fifth) to the Colts, Colts sending what likely would be a late first and a fourth to the Jets, Jets send Darnold, the first pick of round two (#33 overall) and a sixth while the Eagles send the Jets a fourth rounder.

It gives the Eagles a legit QB competition for next year with the Eagles sending essentially Wentz, a fourth and fifth round pick between the Colts and Jets for the Jets second rounder (#33) and a sixth plus Darnold. 

Darnold. Is. A. Bad. Quarterback. 

21 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

The side which has the other party signed to a contract for an agreed sum. What are you arguing here? Philly owns carsons arse and if they don't trade him what will he do? Whine & complain? Ok.. if he refuses to play the team fines him. Will he retire? Cool. The only thing hurting philly is his contract and his garbage play. It would be ideal to move on asap so the hit is just for 2021, but i also would give him another chance for 2021.

At the moment i dont believe anything coming from media or PC. Do you expect howie & doug to come out and say we want nothing to do with carson? That all but kills trade value should they go that route.

Lol you’re missing the fact that contract works more in favor for Carson than the eagles right now. There’s a reason teams are reluctant to give players big time guarantees and it’s this exact scenario. The team has to pay this money. Carson has his money. In an ideal world he wants to take his guaranteed 100 mil to another team and start. If the eagles refuse to trade him he will sit on the sideline for a year collecting his guaranteed money and then be free to sign where he wants the following year. It’s win win for him. 

The eagles on the other hand are stuck either having to trade him and eat 34 million in dead cap which hinders the team or keep him and pay him 45 million to be disgruntled on the sideline which hinders the team even further. It’s lose lose for them. 

10 minutes ago, nipples said:

Darnold. Is. A. Bad. Quarterback. 

Darnold is also younger than Joe Burrow I believe. 

So Wentz declined to talk to the media. Anyone still want to defend this guy and say it's ''just a rumor'' that he wants out.

If he came out and said he wants to be here then gets traded, the media questions if he's a liar. If he comes out and says the rumors are true that he wants out, then he's labeled as a female dog running from competition. 

Literally a lose-lose for him speaking today.

Just now, ShutDownDB said:

If he came out and said he wants to be here then gets traded, the media questions if he's a liar. If he comes out and says the rumors are true that he wants out, then he's labeled as a female dog running from competition. 

Literally a lose-lose for him speaking today.

So predictable, and it only took 5 minutes for one of Carson's white knights to come running to his rescue.

9 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Lol you’re missing the fact that contract works more in favor for Carson than the eagles right now. There’s a reason teams are reluctant to give players big time guarantees and it’s this exact scenario. The team has to pay this money. Carson has his money. In an ideal world he wants to take his guaranteed 100 mil to another team and start. If the eagles refuse to trade him he will sit on the sideline for a year collecting his guaranteed money and then be free to sign where he wants the following year. It’s win win for him. 

The eagles on the other hand are stuck either having to trade him and eat 34 million in dead cap which hinders the team or keep him and pay him 45 million to be disgruntled on the sideline which hinders the team even further. It’s lose lose for them. 

Like i said before - teams have managed with a high price contract that back fired. The dallass/romo injury situation as i mentioned before. Just roll with it. Theyll be fine. Either way Carson gets paid. He wins there.

3 hours ago, Gannan said:

The Eagles will probably have to stroke his ego and placate him a bit.  They pretty much have to keep him at this point. 

That’s exactly what the suds in the 4th qtr was.  That was a stroke 

Archived