Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

4 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

So predictable, and it only took 5 minutes for one of Carson's white knights to come running to his 

About as predictable as you coming round acting like a troll again. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EagleMatt said:

Like i said before - teams have managed with a high price contract that back fired. The dallass/romo injury situation as i mentioned before. Just roll with it. Theyll be fine. Either way Carson gets paid. He wins there.

Agreed the eagles will eventually get over the Wentz contract as other teams have in the past. 

They wouldn’t be in this mess though if they didn’t try scapegoat their franchise QB. 

13 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

About as predictable as you coming round acting like a troll again. 

So calling him out for not facing the music and addressing the media as opposed to ducking and running makes me a troll. You have reached a new low son.

27 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

So Wentz declined to talk to the media. Anyone still want to defend this guy and say it's ''just a rumor'' that he wants out.

Who cares if he does want out?  Happens all the time in all the different sports? Why would you be mad about that? Shouldn't you be happy? 

If he did ask out it just matters what we get back in return now and we should be in the market for a QB as Hurts has a ton of questions marks.  Do they like Wilson at 6?  Will one of the QBs fall?  Do they bring in a vet like Foles? 

2 minutes ago, phil77 said:

Who cares if he does want out?  Happens all the time in all the different sports? Why would you be mad about that? Shouldn't you be happy? 

If he did ask out it just matters what we get back in return now and we should be in the market for a QB as Hurts has a ton of questions marks.  Do they like Wilson at 6?  Will one of the QBs fall?  Do they bring in a vet like Foles? 

That's not the point. Ducking and running from the media after everything that happened this season and the reports about wanting out was a weak move from a guy who has shown time and time again to be weak. You are a 128 million supposed franchise QB, stand up and face the music.

3 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

That's not the point. Ducking and running from the media after everything that happened this season and the reports about wanting out was a weak move from a guy who has shown time and time again to be weak. You are a 128 million supposed franchise QB, stand up and face the music.

That just confirms the reports that he did ask out.  If he did ask out then why talk to the media now?  If he is leaving then he doesn't need to stand up and answer questions about the team he is leaving?  If he is staying then it is a very bad look but if he is going him standing up probably hurts his trade value.   Speaking of trade value maybe the team asked him to not talk to media until they get everything resolved if there is a tomorrow meeting? 

6 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

So calling him out for not facing the music and addressing the media as opposed to ducking and running makes me a troll. You have reached a new low son.

No that's not what makes you a troll, you acting like a troll in general is why I called you a troll. 

Have your opinion on Wentz I don't care what you think. On one hand yes, maybe he should face the music on the other regardless what he says it could hurt him in the future...this team or another.

7 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

No that's not what makes you a troll, you acting like a troll in general is why I called you a troll. 

Have your opinion on Wentz I don't care what you think. On one hand yes, maybe he should face the music on the other regardless what he says it could hurt him in the future...this team or another.

Typical response from a troglodyte on a sports message board. Someone disagrees with me, they are a troll........like shooting a deer in a cage.

3 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Typical response from a troglodyte on a sports message board. Someone disagrees with me, they are a troll........like shooting a deer in a cage.

Bro you're brining it on yourself. You do nothing but argue, you call people names and refuse to answer questions. The next time you add something substantial to a discussion will be the first time. 

Trying to discuss anything with you is a literal waste of time. You can reply to this if you want, I really do not care, either way I'm done.

3 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

Bro you're brining it on yourself. You do nothing but argue, you call people names and refuse to answer questions. The next time you add something substantial to a discussion will be the first time. 

Trying to discuss anything with you is a literal waste of time. You can reply to this if you want, I really do not care, either way I'm done.

Wrong, I have never refused to answer anything.

It's funny how Trolls always say the same thing "I disagree with you and that makes me a troll". Nah dude, being a troll makes you a troll, there are plenty of things we can discuss that we disagree on and still act like adults.

Hmmmm so Mort didn't get his report from Carson or his team?   So the Eagles or someone within the Eagles are releasing this information? 

Just now, phil77 said:

Hmmmm so Mort didn't get his report from Carson or his team?   So the Eagles or someone within the Eagles are releasing this information? 

That has kind of been my point throughout this thread. Carson or his team leaking that during the season, more specifically on gameday, does not help him at all. Howie on the other hand leaking it as "unnamed source" makes him look better to Jeff. Like "see good thing I drafted Hurts because Carson is a crazy person"

11 minutes ago, phil77 said:

8 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

That has kind of been my point throughout this thread. Carson or his team leaking that during the season, more specifically on gameday, does not help him at all. Howie on the other hand leaking it as "unnamed source" makes him look better to Jeff. Like "see good thing I drafted Hurts because Carson is a crazy person"

Why would Wentz want to come back to this same mess though? 

Per Andrew Brandt:

Dead money charge if Eagles moved on from: Carson Wentz: $66 million ($34 million if traded)

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

Darnold is also younger than Joe Burrow I believe. 

Ok, and Jalen Hurts is younger than Aaron Rodgers. Wtf does that have to do with it? Darnold sucks. 

17 minutes ago, phil77 said:

It says it didn’t come from Carson, not that it didn’t come from his camp.  Luke have been an agent, or someone else close to him. If it didn’t come from anyone linked to him and it isn’t true, he would speak up and say so. His silence says all that needs to be said. 

9 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Why would Wentz want to come back to this same mess though? 

Well the hope is that your franchise QB would want to be part of the solution instead of opting to bail.

After all the shi* and drama the Eagles FO has caused this team the last three years, if you were Carson, would you even want to be around a dysfunctional org as the Eagles?  No, you would not. Just sayin. Hurts had a lower QB rating than Wentz had all year last night, and now Lurie and Howie are getting nervous.

36 minutes ago, phil77 said:

Or just the media making crap up

Carson doesn't have to address rumors, and he's stayed out of the spotlight and social media since he was benched. They haven't had final interviews with coaches yet, it makes sense to talk to your team before going to the media.  As someone said earlier, people will still fan the flames regardless of what he says.

The team already said they haven't heard any demands from Carson, said their relationship is good and Doug said from his perspective there is no problem in their relationship but that hasn't stopped the speculation.

Nothing will change anyone's minds until either Carson is actually traded...or he's still on the roster to start camp.  Even then, this drama will continue.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So apparently Roseman has said that Wentz will be back and that he's a big part of the future of this team?

Now that could be posturing to try and keep Wentz value high but let's assume it isn't. 

So Howie comes back, Doug comes back and Wentz comes back? What the actual F is this garbage? No accountability let's just run it back with the same key people? Brilliant plan to rebuild that. 

You have to watch the PC to listen to what is actually said.  Reporters write articles with their spin all the time.

Howie was asked if they plan to trade Carson.  He gave a political answer about how much they invested in Carson with trading up and extending his contract...and he said there is no plan "now" to trade him.  He said it in a clever way that leaves the door open but also making them look not desperate to move him (if they actually plan to at all).  

They always do that, pretend to value a player.  Same with Ertz and others he was asked about.  Forget what they say, watch what they DO.

Archived