Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

45 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I mean, I get it.  It's the top topic this offseason.  Kelce may retire and they made a big deal of him staying on the field with Ertz and Wentz for a while after the game.  Ertz did a PC, the other 2 didn't.  Kelce is also apparently upset about Doug benching Hurts and a couple weeks ago was passionate about playing to win.  

I get it, I just don't personally take it as a big F you to the fans for Carson to not do an interview with the media.  We don't know what's going on behind the scenes.  Maybe he does want to be traded, maybe he wants to first see what the team wants to do with him.  Maybe he just wants to get away and go hunting and clear his head after his disasterous seasons.  I'm not bothered by Carson not speaking to the media.  I'm bothered by the poor performance on the field and the poor coaching and front office decisions.

Maybe he's being quiet because his agent is busy trying to gauge other teams' interest. What the agent finds out may determine how Wentz proceeds with the Eagles. I doubt that Wentz  feels undying loyalty to Howie and Jeffrey at this point.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/3/2021 at 12:13 PM, ggs5008 said:

I already know he's going to go to another system and flourish. 

anywhere but new england...anywhere but new england..say it with me

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The coach has to make it seem like he wants Carson back even if he hates his guts, because there’s no guarantee they trade Carson. 

This.  It's all just posturing right now to salvage the diva's trade value.

If Doug came right out and told the truth, that this dude is a diva and thinks he should be handed the starting job even after almost getting the coach and many others fired due to his total incompetence at his job, that would torpedo whatever trade value the diva has left.

3 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

You wouldn't be ok with Doug and Carson if by some miracle Howie was kicked to the curb?

Remember Banner was Lurie's guy until he wasn't, I'd LOVE for Howie to be at that point now.

I would have no problem with Howie getting dumped and letting a new GM decide what to do with Doug and Carson.

2 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

This.  It's all just posturing right now to salvage the diva's trade value.

If Doug came right out and told the truth, that this dude is a diva and thinks he should be handed the starting job even after almost getting the coach and many others fired due to his total incompetence at his job, that would torpedo whatever trade value the diva has left.

If Carson is the franchise quarterback everyone claims he is the suitors should be lining up at the door. We shall see how it goes.

2 hours ago, eglz1 said:

I at least was not aware that you work for the Eagles. If you don't work for the Eagles, how do you know he has constantly butted heads...... You heard it/you read it? How much credence do you place in those 'sources'? Has he pissed Alson off? Maybe. Is Alshon being a jerk? Could be. I don't know and I doubt you know.

Well I do KNOW there are a lot of rumors out there that Carson doesn’t want to be back and I do KNOW he’s done nothing to deny said rumors. Now you can go back to kissing his beanbag and worshiping him. 

There was one of two ways go with this.  Either the Eagles would keep Wentz and put a new HC around him or they would side with Pederson and try to move Wentz.  They have chosen to stick with Roseman and Pederson.  If that is what it is then they will likely have to try to trade Wentz.  

My trust in Roseman is at an all time low but if the Eagles can get good value for Wentz and Ertz and maybe some other veterans they need to trim off of the cap then they might have the chance to quickly rebuild this roster with this draft position they find themselves with.  

Hurts was exciting to watch, I think he should have played earlier in the season and if the Eagles stick with him I think he has the ceiling a QB in the 15-25 range amongst the league.  He doesn't have the ideal arm strength I'd like to see from a young QB for a team to build around and his style of play with running being such a big part of his game will make injuries always a higher risk.  He also seems to have the same fumbling problem Wentz has.  

So I'm fine with Hurts for next year but I wouldn't be opposed to the Eagles looking at QB in the draft if one of the top 3 guys slips to them but it is unlikely any would.  

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

I mean, I get it.  It's the top topic this offseason.  Kelce may retire and they made a big deal of him staying on the field with Ertz and Wentz for a while after the game.  Ertz did a PC, the other 2 didn't.  Kelce is also apparently upset about Doug benching Hurts and a couple weeks ago was passionate about playing to win.  

I get it, I just don't personally take it as a big F you to the fans for Carson to not do an interview with the media.  We don't know what's going on behind the scenes.  Maybe he does want to be traded, maybe he wants to first see what the team wants to do with him.  Maybe he just wants to get away and go hunting and clear his head after his disasterous seasons.  I'm not bothered by Carson not speaking to the media.  I'm bothered by the poor performance on the field and the poor coaching and front office decisions.

I wouldn’t have a problem with him not speaking to the media if the rumors hadn’t come out. Look say what you want but the Philly area has supported Carson’s Wentz. They have donated to his charities and went to his softball games. The people deserved more than a blowoff. People are more upset Tom Brady didn’t shake Nick Foles hand than they are their franchise quarterback just told them they aren’t that important. Now I do have more concerns with what we saw from Carson on the field more than with him not talking, but his really poor play on the field combined with his no response is an overall terrible look for him. 

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

There was one of two ways go with this.  Either the Eagles would keep Wentz and put a new HC around him or they would side with Pederson and try to move Wentz.  They have chosen to stick with Roseman and Pederson.  If that is what it is then they will likely have to try to trade Wentz.  

My trust in Roseman is at an all time low but if the Eagles can get good value for Wentz and Ertz and maybe some other veterans they need to trim off of the cap then they might have the chance to quickly rebuild this roster with this draft position they find themselves with.  

Hurts was exciting to watch, I think he should have played earlier in the season and if the Eagles stick with him I think he has the ceiling a QB in the 15-25 range amongst the league.  He doesn't have the ideal arm strength I'd like to see from a young QB for a team to build around and his style of play with running being such a big part of his game will make injuries always a higher risk.  He also seems to have the same fumbling problem Wentz has.  

So I'm fine with Hurts for next year but I wouldn't be opposed to the Eagles looking at QB in the draft if one of the top 3 guys slips to them but it is unlikely any would.  

Welcome back. Your comment actually shows why it was important to get to that 6 spot for the Eagles. They’re in a much better position to either select another quarterback or an impact player. If they’re not 100% sold on Hurts and they don’t want to bring back Wentz then they at least have given themselves options. 

33 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'd put mine at an all time zero.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

How can someone be paid to be outraged and not even know what he's talking about?

Because the media is no longer required to bring facts to the table and people keep eating it up and piling money on them. Blame the general public for not fact checking them, when it is clear that most media is dishonest.

Sadly, someone on here will be using his "absence" in their argument against him and the mob will take off.

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well I do KNOW there are a lot of rumors out there that Carson doesn’t want to be back and I do KNOW he’s done nothing to deny said rumors. Now you can go back to kissing his beanbag and worshiping him. 

No worshiping here. Also not big on propagating rumors with questionable basis in fact. 

12 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

If the Jets pass on Fields, you call up Miami and find out what it would take to swap picks.

Otherwise the Falcons definitely take him as Matt Ryan’s replacement. You COULd still take Wilson at #6 in that scenario (Cinci obviously won’t go QB). I’m just not nearly as high on Wilson as Fields, and would rather go WR there instead of taking Wilson. 

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I wouldn’t have a problem with him not speaking to the media if the rumors hadn’t come out. Look say what you want but the Philly area has supported Carson’s Wentz. They have donated to his charities and went to his softball games. The people deserved more than a blowoff. People are more upset Tom Brady didn’t shake Nick Foles hand than they are their franchise quarterback just told them they aren’t that important. Now I do have more concerns with what we saw from Carson on the field more than with him not talking, but his really poor play on the field combined with his no response is an overall terrible look for him. 

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that had he responded to media inquiries, the response would have been spun into just as much of an "outrage." We would be told to either read between the lines, or that it's more about what he didn't say, or it's how he said it, etc... In the last month alone, ESPN has twice reported their opinion on how he is feeling and the football world is going crazy ripping him, calling him this and that. Yesterday they criticized him for not being at the game (vs Washington) and if they actually would have watched the game, they would have seen he was there from beginning to way after the end. This is a character assassination plain and simple and Wentz should avoid giving them anything they can twist (which is anything and everything). 

And I'm a billionaire, not worth it yet but I will be. Wish Adam would shut up until he has direct quotes and/or facts.

10 hours ago, brkmsn said:

How can someone be paid to be outraged and not even know what he's talking about?

Because ESPN like most sports media are TMZ, drama and click bait.

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that had he responded to media inquiries, the response would have been spun into just as much of an "outrage." We would be told to either read between the lines, or that it's more about what he didn't say, or it's how he said it, etc... In the last month alone, ESPN has twice reported their opinion on how he is feeling and the football world is going crazy ripping him, calling him this and that. Yesterday they criticized him for not being at the game (vs Washington) and if they actually would have watched the game, they would have seen he was there from beginning to way after the end. This is a character assassination plain and simple and Wentz should avoid giving them anything they can twist (which is anything and everything). 

Agree and I said the same thing yesterday, they would spin whatever he says anyway.  People have a narrative and they love negativity and love hating Philly.  And Philly media are basically fans who get paid to write about the team and they are unprofessional and whine about the team instead of report on it objectively.  Fans jump all over any negative report or controversy and believe it 100% and say things like where there's smoke there's fire, even with "unnamed sources."

Guys are referring to a previous "report" where Schefter admitted that it was just his opinion that Carson wouldn't want to be a backup and would likely request a trade.  That doesn't stop people from saying this isn't the first time it's been "reported."

When the team or player say something positive or squash rumors no one believes them anyway, they just say they're being political, saying one thing in public to save face, to negotiate, etc.  

12 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I guess he thinks Carson made the decision not to dress for the game. What a maroon 

16 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I would have no problem with Howie getting dumped and letting a new GM decide what to do with Doug and Carson.

The single best thing Lurie could do to enhance the value of his franchise.

3 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

And I'm a billionaire, not worth it yet but I will be. Wish Adam would shut up until he has direct quotes and/or facts.

Don't be naive.  Adam Schefter, the best reporter in the business, is not just making this up.  He knows because he heard it from a source that knows.

It's time for "Eagles" fans to come to grips with this...

HE GONE

6 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Don't be naive.  Adam Schefter, the best reporter in the business, is not just making this up.  He knows because he heard it from a source that knows.

It's time for "Eagles" fans to come to grips with this...

HE GONE

He may be on his way out, but until I see concrete proof he wants out these are just rumors and opinions. It's no secret I want Carson to stay and hopefully get back on track to being the QB we all thought. The difference is you want him gone so bad you'll gobble up any ish these reporters throw at the wall.

14 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

He may be on his way out, but until I see concrete proof he wants out these are just rumors and opinions. It's no secret I want Carson to stay and hopefully get back on track to being the QB we all thought. The difference is you want him gone so bad you'll gobble up any ish these reporters throw at the wall.

Who is the radical one?  The one who trusts a report from Adam Schefter?  Or the one who is calling him a liar???

Archived