***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Celtics 18th***

Agent23

Giannis doesn't have the reputation as dirty but that play might be a little suspect when Irving twisted his ankle 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Giannis doesn't have the reputation as dirty but that play might be a little suspect when Irving twisted his ankle 

I also love the nba rescinding that charge on him where he would’ve had 3 fouls. That’s a total NBA doesnt want Giannis out of this game at the start of the second half. If that was brook lopez they aren’t changing that call 

Kyrie ruled out for the game. If the bucks don’t win this then I’d be shocked. KD would have to go full play out of his mind.

On replay looks like kyrie is likely missing more than just this game. Feel like on reply too Giannis should’ve gotten a flagrant foul on it. I’m with van gundy i think the nba will review that and assess him one 

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Kyrie ruled out for the game. If the bucks don’t win this then I’d be shocked. KD would have to go full play out of his mind.

On replay looks like kyrie is likely missing more than just this game. Feel like on reply too Giannis should’ve gotten a flagrant foul on it. I’m with van gundy i think the nba will review that and assess him one 

Hate seeing things like this cause it could and has happened to the 76ers. Changes everything in the East.

7 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Hate seeing things like this cause it could and has happened to the 76ers. Changes everything in the East.

It happens but the rule that the NBA put in place is exactly for that reason what Giannis did to prevent that. The fact that they didn’t even give him a flagrant foul and that rule was put in place for that exact reason is pretty pathetic. When van gundy thinks it is and goes against the refs it says something  

I don’t know what game Mark Jackson’s watching but the refs in this game have been absolutely atrocious with calling fouls. There’s guys getting hacked nothing called And then guys barely getting touched they call it. 

17 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It happens but the rule that the NBA put in place is exactly for that reason what Giannis did to prevent that. The fact that they didn’t even give him a flagrant foul and that rule was put in place for that exact reason is pretty pathetic. When van gundy thinks it is and goes against the refs it says something  

I don’t know what game Mark Jackson’s watching but the refs in this game have been absolutely atrocious with calling fouls. There’s guys getting hacked nothing called And then guys barely getting touched they call it. 

It's the Zaza rule because he did it to Kawhi in the playoffs 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It's the Zaza rule because he did it to Kawhi in the playoffs 

Yup. I’m still in disbelief the officials really didn’t see that as a flagrant foul. Then again i think the officials have been bad. It’s one thing to be physical but they continuously have allowed for it then begin to call ticky tack stuff. 

nets aren’t winning anything with just KD. He’s had to work hard for his cause the bucks are just doubling him every time cause there’s no one else out there they fear. 

37 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yup. I’m still in disbelief the officials really didn’t see that as a flagrant foul. Then again i think the officials have been bad. It’s one thing to be physical but they continuously have allowed for it then begin to call ticky tack stuff. 

nets aren’t winning anything with just KD. He’s had to work hard for his cause the bucks are just doubling him every time cause there’s no one else out there they fear. 

I've watched it multiple times and I don't see much of an issue. Fine line between giving space and fighting for a rebound. Looked to me like he was just fighting for position but that's just me.

Just now, Diehardfan said:

I've watched it multiple times and I don't see much of an issue. Fine line between giving space and fighting for a rebound. 

Irving was still in the air and you can't be under someone's landing space. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Irving was still in the air and you can't be under someone's landing space. 

Understand, but things happen fast. He is competitive and I don't see intent, but again,  that's just me. I just see a guy getting ready to fight for a rebound. 

9 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I've watched it multiple times and I don't see much of an issue. Fine line between giving space and fighting for a rebound. Looked to me like he was just fighting for position but that's just me.

I don’t think Giannis intentionally did it but doesn’t make it any less of a dirty play. You know the rule. They specifically made it cause Zaza did something similar to kawhi. you have to let a guy land. Giannis runs in right to where Kyrie is when he is up in the air going for it. If you watch it closer Giannis does put his foot there Kyrie is going to land. That’s been called a couple times so far this playoffs as a flagrant foul and most have been less than what Giannis did where a shooter takes the jumper, jumps forward into the defender and lands on his feet. 

His head is looking at the rim and backboard all the way into position. Kind of hard to make sure where Irving's landing giving him and easy rebound. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t think Giannis intentionally did it but doesn’t make it any less of a dirty play. You know the rule. They specifically made it cause Zaza did something similar to kawhi. you have to let a guy land. Giannis runs in right to where Kyrie is when he is up in the air going for it. If you watch it closer Giannis does put his foot there Kyrie is going to land. That’s been called a couple times so far this playoffs as a flagrant foul and most have been less than what Giannis did where a shooter takes the jumper, jumps forward into the defender and lands on his feet. 

Fair but what I see when I watch it is a guy who is focused on the ball and kind of lost track. They can adjust it to a flagrant. Won't matter to me at all. 

4 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Fair but what I see when I watch it is a guy who is focused on the ball and kind of lost track. They can adjust it to a flagrant. Won't matter to me at all. 

Doesn’t matter now or even then cause it took out Kyrie so foul or not it did the damage. However the more pressing issue is the rule was put in place so players wouldn’t commit a dangerous play like that and potentially injure another player. the Spurs lost kawhi and were ahead of the warriors in that game. And it took him out of the entire series and completely changed the series. They wanted to prevent it from happening again. It’s why they’ve hammered it home all season and during the playoffs.

I’d say the same thing if Simmons did the same thing to Giannis in a game.  

• Like 1

Well depending upon Kyrie and Harden, that thing is going 7 now.......and the Bucks may very well win it in 6.  The Sixers SHOULD close out in 5.  If it weren't for that 1st half of game one which I'd still like to nut kick Doc for.....they'd be up 3-0 and sitting really pretty.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Doesn’t matter now or even then cause it took out Kyrie so foul or not it did the damage. However the more pressing issue is the rule was put in place so players wouldn’t commit a dangerous play like that and potentially injure another player. the Spurs lost kawhi and were ahead of the warriors in that game. And it took him out of the entire series and completely changed the series. They wanted to prevent it from happening again. It’s why they’ve hammered it home all season and during the playoffs.

I’d say the same thing if Simmons did the same thing to Giannis in a game.  

Is it confirmed he is done for the series?

11 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Is it confirmed he is done for the series?

Idk. Just looking it at that’s something i had happen to me and in PT work with that type of thing. I’m guessing he’s going to have a MRI to see if there is any structural damage and I’m guessing an X-ray just based on how his foot landed sideways. But I’d be shocked if he plays in game 5 and 6. That looked like a sprain that would be a 6-8 week recovery and that’s if he didn’t have a break on top of it 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Idk. Just looking it at that’s something i had happen to me and in PT work with that type of thing. I’m guessing he’s going to have a MRI to see if there is any structural damage. But I’d be shocked if he plays in game 5 and 6. That looked like a sprain that would be a 6-8 week recovery and that’s if he didn’t have a break on top of it 

Yeah, he was telling them not to even touch it from what I read. He didn't seem to limp as he walked off though. Guess we'll see. Not sure if this is good or bad news for the 76ers. Have had a bad feeling about the Bucks. 

45 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I agree, it's under the basket it's not like he was out in open space shooting a 3 or a long jumper. I thought that rule was only for jump shots anyways not for a put back under the basket. Not a damn thing dirty about it I don't care what the rules are. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Yeah, he was telling them not to even touch it from what I read. He didn't seem to limp as he walked off though. Guess we'll see. Not sure if this is good or bad news for the 76ers. Have had a bad feeling about the Bucks. 

I still haven’t been that impressed with the bucks. PJ tucker isn’t going to give them 13 points every night. He had 9 total entering that game tonight. I’d add even with the nets missing harden and now Kyrie and the nets not being good defensively, the bucks managed to score 86 and 107 in wins. The sixers without embiid scored 129 and without Danny green scored 127 with green missing most of the game. i think the sixers play much better defense then the nets so if the sixers are scoring like they have and ply defense and the bucks scoring like they have i think it’s a tough task for the bucks. Bucks are going to need more from jrue. His numbers are behind Ben Simmons this postseason. And middleton needs to be more consistent game to game. Game 1 and 2 was not good. Great game 3. Solid game 4. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I agree, it's under the basket it's not like he was out in open space shooting a 3 or a long jumper. I thought that rule was only for jump shots anyways not for a put back under the basket. Not a damn thing dirty about it I don't care what the rules are. 

Not dirty and more dangerous play that the nba has been trying to eliminate. I’ve seen the exact same thing happen with the Suns this year with devin Booker going up for a rebound. Was called a flagrant foul and he didn’t get hurt. It’s definitely a play the nba doesn’t want happening especially when it takes out one of their star players. I tend to agree with Stan van gundy that the nba is going to review it and likely give him a flagrant foul on it. I’d be surprised if they didn’t go back and review it. 

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

Well depending upon Kyrie and Harden, that thing is going 7 now.......and the Bucks may very well win it in 6.  The Sixers SHOULD close out in 5.  If it weren't for that 1st half of game one which I'd still like to nut kick Doc for.....they'd be up 3-0 and sitting really pretty.  

I see the bucks winning that series in 6 with Kyrie likely out and harden also likely out by the sounds of it. Tucker is playing physical with KD which is affecting him and likely going to drain his energy. but once Kyrie left they began doubling him and forcing the nets role players to make more shots and KD tried to overcompensate which led to a lot of TOs. KD will score his usual 25+ cause he’s too good but they can make him work way harder without having at least one of those 2 guys out there. the nets really don’t have a true point guard with harden and Kyrie out. I do think the game in Brooklyn is likely close cause role players play better at home. I’m actually surprised jrue and bucks didn’t go off in this game for more than 107 considering who’s guarding them. It’s Mike James, Harris, brown and Griffin. None of those guys are great defenders. 

Regular season might be about layups and 3 pointers, but the mid range is still king in the playoffs. 

Lol, the MVP got himself tossed when his team needs him the most. What a bonehead.

44 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Lol, the MVP got himself tossed when his team needs him the most. What a bonehead.

Series was over. Jokicwent for 30/20/10 and still lost Game 3