***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Celtics 18th***

Agent23

Jokic is lucky he plays in that media market.  The Philly sports talk shows roasted the Sixers for a full week after getting swept out of the bubble.  Now imagine Embiid winning MVP, team down 0-3 and he gets tossed in the 3rd Q on the way to his team getting swept.   

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, therealdawk20 said:

Jokic is lucky he plays in that media market.  The Philly sports talk shows roasted the Sixers for a full week after getting swept out of the bubble.  Now imagine Embiid winning MVP, team down 0-3 and he gets tossed in the 3rd Q on the way to his team getting swept.   

If that were Embiid, you'd hear on talk radio "All he cared about was the MVP and he wanted to get into the locker room sooner to be with it!"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, therealdawk20 said:

His team was clearly out matched, a horrible ejection, and as said earlier he went for 30 20 10 in Game 3 and lost. He did everything he could 

10 hours ago, therealdawk20 said:

Meh, without Murray that team never had a shot. Honestly, it was impressive they were able to beat the Blazers.

• Like 1

Agreed.  And they wouldn't have beaten Phoenix WITH Murray - they might've taken it to 6 games but that's about it.  Phoenix is gonna be a tough out with Booker playing the way he is.

40 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Agreed.  And they wouldn't have beaten Phoenix WITH Murray - they might've taken it to 6 games but that's about it.  Phoenix is gonna be a tough out with Booker playing the way he is.

Paul has had a lot of bad breaks in the playoffs but he caught a major one with AD getting hurt. Lakers were favorites at - 800 after Game 3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Paul has had a lot of bad breaks in the playoffs but he caught a major one with AD getting hurt. Lakers were favorites at - 800 after Game 3

Counterpoint to that is maybe the Lakers aren't up 2-1 after game 3 if Paul doesn't hurt his shoulder in game 1

3 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Counterpoint to that is maybe the Lakers aren't up 2-1 after game 3 if Paul doesn't hurt his shoulder in game 1

Healthy AD beats the Suns. 

Ayton has played well beyond anything he has shown in the regular season and Porter Jr. Is such a bad defender that got obliterated all series

Trade value was basically zero last year, now is playing at an uber high lvl, and taking an inexperienced Suns team. 

Paul and forward Abdel Nader, the Thunder received Kelly Oubre Jr., Ricky Rubio, Ty Jerome, Jalen Lecque and a 2022 first-round pick from the Suns. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Healthy AD beats the Suns. 

Ayton has played well beyond anything he has shown in the regular season and Porter Jr. Is such a bad defender that got obliterated all series

I thought that was a 7 game series if everyone stayed healthy. I would’ve taken the Lakers simply cause it’s hard to bet against Lebron and AD. However as soon as AD got hurt the Lakers imploded and the Suns with their lack of size after ayton didn’t matter cause

The lack of scoring from the Lakers after AD injury is similar to the nuggets lack of scoring on the perimeter for most of the series. I think the Suns beat the nuggets anyway but it is a way tougher series with murray. Im surprised the nuggets didn’t start Morris and Barton sooner then game 4. You saw they weren’t at the Suns backcourt level but hell of a lot better than rivers and campazzo 

I could totally see Luka eventually leaving to go to someone like miami, New York or Lakers 

21 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I could totally see Luka eventually leaving to go to someone like miami, New York or Lakers 

Some former sports gambler?  Cuban needs to realize this is Luka's organization and fire that dude today. 

57 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Some former sports gambler?  Cuban needs to realize this is Luka's organization and fire that dude today. 

I’m gonna have to read that when i get off work. The athletic does a hell of a job with their reporting. I saw Cuban said it was BS but the athletic is usually been spot on with things in their reporting. 

Jazz getting smoked right now by the clippers who seemingly found their mojo. Jazz are actually fortunate to win both of those close games in game 1 and 2 cause it easily could be 3-1 clippers in this series. And the clippers have dominated them at home (again tonight)

Harden in. Let’s see how long that hammy lasts 

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Excited to see how Harden holds up. He is a more dynamic weapon than Irving 

My expectations:

spacer.png

I’d be shocked if Kyrie even plays the next series if they advance 

Nets somehow in this game after not scoring for 6 mins cause the bucks have just 12 points in that time. 

Ive not seen a team be this bad in the playoffs so far and miss this many open shots that the nets have had. It’s not just misses but guys air balling or ball hits off the other side of the glass. And then some of the most random unforced turnovers. Green and Durant have 15. Rest of the nets 0 on 0-12 shooting. 

12 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

KD cant beat them by himself

Harden isn’t right. he’s out there but he doesn’t look like himself. Not very aggressive with the ball to the hoop.  

also good adjustment by the bucks to pick up the ball full court to get the shot clock down 6-7 seconds before the nets get into their offense. 

This is a huge gamble by the Nets.  Harden is clearly not himself but they are desperate.  If they come back and win this game, I guess it'll be worth it but at what cost?