***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Celtics 18th***

Agent23

The playoffs has become nothing more than a war of attrition.  Whoever stays healthiest will most likely win it

• Like 1

Brutal blow to the clippers. They were looking fantastic and really coming on with kawhi. They aren’t winning this series let alone another game with kawhi out. It’s going to be utah vs. Phoenix in the WCF. Talk about the nba made a wrong decision to have the condense season. I thought they should’ve just done a 56 game season where you play every team in your conference 4 times and spread it out like normal schedule. Theres always one or two playoff injuries but they’ve had massive amounts this year. The star players who’ve missed games and gotten hurt are: embiid, kawhi, Mitchell, kyrie, harden, AD, murray, Conley 

Not just a this year injury. Could be out next year if it’s a torn acl which has been report what they are fearing 

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not just a this year injury. Could be out next year if it’s a torn acl which has been report what they are fearing 

Same leg as his torn quad? 

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Same leg as his torn quad? 

Yeah it was his right quad and this is his right knee. 

Talk about doubling down as your SUPERSTAR objects. Damn Howie of the basketball world. 

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Does that mean he won’t be traded to Philly for Ben?

1 minute ago, The_Omega said:

Does that mean he won’t be traded to Philly for Ben?

If i were him i wouldn’t opt out of that contract now. No need too considering he likely misses all of 2021-22 season if it’s a torn ACL and his past timeline of recovery. That said at 31 when that contract is over and not having played for a year I wonder if he’ll get a max from the clippers. KD did from the nets/warriors (sign and trade). 

The Suns might just be destined to win the west with the path they are looking at right now. Lakers lose AD. Nuggets without Murray. Clippers if they hold on to this game, they might face a clippers team without kawhi. Heck even in the finals they might face a nets team down kyrie with a hobbled harden 

Stan Van Gundy is out as the coach of the New Orleans Pelicans after only one season with the franchise, the team announced Wednesday.

36 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Stan Van Gundy is out as the coach of the New Orleans Pelicans after only one season with the franchise, the team announced Wednesday.

I'm surprised he keeps getting HC jobs in the first place 

8 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Would be awesome if they replaced him with Jeff van gundy lol 

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Would be awesome if they replaced him with Jeff van gundy lol 

This and trading Jrue makes David Griffith less like a genius by the day 

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

This and trading Jrue makes David Griffith less like a genius by the day 

I don’t think trading holiday was a bad idea in theory but what they got back was bad. they weren’t close to winning a title so holiday was gonna opt out of his 2021 contract and bolt. The big problem was the package they got back was pretty bad. Bledsoe has an awful contract and is a cancer. George hill is an ok bench player. Steven Adams helps his contract of 29 mil this offseason comes off (major bad move not using that contract as an expiring contract to add pieces). And the first round picks they got from the bucks are all likely back end of the first with how young giannis and middleton are so the value is really just not there. I can’t believe that was the best package they could’ve gotten from someone 

Report: Chris Paul tested positive for Covid-19 but was vaccinated back in February [UPDATE]

Suns PG was placed in health and safety protocols on Monday. Fortunately, he may not have to isolate for long.

37 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Report: Chris Paul tested positive for Covid-19 but was vaccinated back in February [UPDATE]

Suns PG was placed in health and safety protocols on Monday. Fortunately, he may not have to isolate for long.

I know something mentioned Westbrook (maybe) a few weeks back NOT going into the stands after the game because security or something kind of blocked him. Basically the point being that he could have been at risk of missing games because league policies don't allow for players to make contact with anyone in the stands (in Westbrook's case, if I'm recalling the right player/situation, the people were friends/family in the crowd).

So, because of that, when CP3 fullass went into the stands after the sweep I was thinking to myself "is homie really trying to catch a suspension right now or what?!?"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Celtics just got lucky if he wants it 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Celtics just got lucky if he wants it 

I’d fire doc to get Rick. I think he’s a much better coach but the sixers won’t do it. I could also see him going to Portland or maybe coach Zion. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

KD back at it 

Honestly not sure they have enough firepower tonight. Harris has really been nonexistent since game 2 of this series. He’s 8-37 (23%) and 4-23 (12%) from three. Averaging 5 ppg in the last 4 games 

Of course i say that he scored 5 straight points. Lol