***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Celtics 18th***

Agent23

Ya know, they mentioned the stupid mistake Lopez made with 2.1 on the shot clock at the end.

Yes, it was dumb.  But you gotta give him credit.  In OT he blocked a Durant layup and grabbed a huge rebound in the same play to make up for it.

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Gee what a surprise, health was the down fall of the Nets.... 

And with our luck, if we get by the Hawks, they'd have been fully healthy for the conf. finals.

So that's some good luck. 

Know who else had to get some lucky breaks down the stretch to win a championship in this town....?

14 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

Is that confirmed for Green?

I feel like when fully healthy, we can beat this Bucks team.  They don't have the firepower.

I like Maxey a lot in that series.  And I predict at least 15 Thybulle strips of Giannis.

He got hurt last Friday in game three. Prognosis was 2-3 weeks. Game 2 would be two weeks from the injury. It’s a calf strain so I’m guessing it’s likely closer to 3 weeks then the two. 

tbh where’s the sixers firepower coming from? The bucks are a better defensive team than the hawks. Sixers the last 3 games scored 100, 106 and 104. Jrue is a great defender so curry is going to be guarded by a much better defender then what atlanta has put on him. He probably still scores but not nearly the rate of this series. Middleton has given tobias problems this year and even last year. This year tobias is averaging 15.3ppg on 41% shooting and 25% from three Vs. the bucks. yeah embiid and Simmons were out of games but even last year tobias was up and down against the bucks. Besides those 3, the rest of the sixers scoring is very inconsistent game to game. 

that said probably should curb the discussions until the sixers actually beat the hawks cause who knows what team shows up tomorrow. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

And with our luck, if we get by the Hawks, they'd have been fully healthy for the conf. finals.

So that's some good luck. 

Know who else had to get some lucky breaks down the stretch to win a championship in this town....?

The Soul?? 😁

• Like 1

And Nets already crying about injuries in the post game. Because of course. Who would have thought a team with 3 of the most hateable, weakest minded players in the league would act this way?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

The bucks owned the sixers in the regular season.  I didn’t see the sixers getting past the nets or the bucks either way 

I mean i am not sure those games were truly indicative. Embiid missed two games. Simmons missed two. And Simmons and embiid missed one together. I still think the bucks at the moment are playing better which ain’t saying much cause the sixers imo haven’t really played a complete game since game 3. Frankly if kyrie doesn’t land on giannis’ foot i don’t think the bucks advance either. If the Suns can get Paul back sooner rather than later i think with how they are playing I’d take them over the rest of the field cause i don’t think the clippers can keep up what they did without kawhi over the next 2 rounds. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He got hurt last Friday in game three. Prognosis was 2-3 weeks. Game 2 would be two weeks from the injury. It’s a calf strain so I’m guessing it’s likely closer to 3 weeks then the two. 

tbh where’s the sixers firepower coming from? The bucks are a better defensive team than the hawks. Sixers the last 3 games scored 100, 106 and 104. Jrue is a great defender so curry is going to be guarded by a much better defender then what atlanta has put on him. He probably still scores but not nearly the rate of this series. Middleton has given tobias problems this year and even last year. This year tobias is averaging 15.3ppg on 41% shooting and 25% from three  yeah embiid and Simmons were out of games but even last year tobias was up and down against the bucks. Besides those 3, the rest of the sixers scoring is very inconsistent game to game. 

that said probably should curb the discussions until the sixers actually beat the hawks cause who knows what team shows up tomorrow. 

To your last point, absolutely.  I kinna feel like if we get it in now, this late, nobody will notice. :roll:

As for the numbers, I feel like if we get to this series, everything they did prior vs the Bucks takes on less significance (it's still important).  I think with the realization re: Hack a Ben, with Joel having to play a controlled, more fundamental game because of his knee, and especially with the knowledge that Maxey can indeed play this game in the most important circumstances will result in a different type of effort from these guys.

And of course... Hope springs eternal. 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

To your last point, absolutely.  I kinna feel like if we get it in now, this late, nobody will notice. :roll:

As for the numbers, I feel like if we get to this series, everything they did prior vs the Bucks takes on less significance (it's still important).  I think with the realization re: Hack a Ben, with Joel having to play a controlled, more fundamental game because of his knee, and especially with the knowledge that Maxey can indeed play this game in the most important circumstances will result in a different type of effort from these guys.

And of course... Hope springs eternal. 🙂

I almost don’t want to watch tomorrow cause it’ll just piss me off if they lose. This series should’ve been over in 5 and at worse 6 if the sixers mentally could just close out games at the end. Even last game felt like the sixers survived as much as they put it away.  

the bucks are going to employ hack a Ben to get Ben off the floor so giannis can do work. If I’m doc i try the same hack a giannis during that same stretch seeing if you can limit the damage with bench having to be pulled. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blazehound said:

Pretty sure Shaq just told Ben Simmons to stop acting like a **** :roll:

Honestly fans should start a Ben sucks chant that seemed to work in game 3 in atlanta. 

Idk, I just have a good feeling about tomorrow ..  err tonight. 

I'll be watchin.

28 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

Idk, I just have a good feeling about tomorrow ..  err tonight. 

I'll be watchin.

I’ll be really pissed if they lose for multitude of reasons but their path to the eastern conference finals wasn’t that hard compared to a lot of years. Atlanta is a good team but down their best defender in Hunter all series and you had them dead if you just go for the throat. 

that said sucks the Suns don’t have Paul for game 1 but I’m guessing he’s back game 2 or 3. The Suns are really good but also talk about fortunate paths to a finals. Lakers lose AD in game 4 and the rest is history. The nuggets without murray. Now the clippers likely without kawhi for the entire series (didn’t even travel to phoenix. I’m pretty sure it’s a partial ACL tear.) talk about 3 stars missing in those series that could all be difference makers. If they somehow don’t win it, I’m not sure their path is ever going to look as good as that and paul is older so how many years does he have left at this level of play 

The Bucks are trash. They will lose to either the Hawks or Sixers 

The Nets lack  of depth cost them in the end and they still took it to OT. The Suns are the team to beat. I wouldn't be shocked if it's a Suns vs Hawks finals. 

8 hours ago, Mat said:

The Nets lack  of depth cost them in the end and they still took it to OT. The Suns are the team to beat. I wouldn't be shocked if it's a Suns vs Hawks finals. 

I agree, KD was gassed and Harris was absolutely miserable. 

Of course has to go thru the Clippers to get to the finals. His old team that could never get over the hump. 

10 hours ago, Mat said:

Suns vs Hawks would be fun 

If I'm the Sixers I'd prefer to face the Clippers without Kawhi. Booker always kills them and they have no answer for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Of course has to go thru the Clippers to get to the finals. His old team that could never get over the hump. 

How much of the problem was CP3 and how much was Doc? The Rockets series where he got injured and they lost tells me it's not a CP3 problem (unless it's staying healthy)

1 hour ago, Mat said:

How much of the problem was CP3 and how much was Doc? The Rockets series where he got injured and they lost tells me it's not a CP3 problem (unless it's staying healthy)

The issue with Paul is he never stays healthy in the postseason. Even this year had the shoulder and was fortunate it wasn’t worse. 

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I agree, KD was gassed and Harris was absolutely miserable. 

I can’t believe Harris was as bad as he was the last 5 games of that series. It really wasn’t the bucks defense on him. He was bricking wide open threes he crushed all year. Game 3 and 7 if Harris was just average i think the nets win. I wonder if the nets just say it’s a bad series or try to trade him to get a piece back like possibly a wing defender or a big. 

8 hours ago, Mat said:

It was Blake and DeAndre thought it was their team and CP3 thought it was his. Factions grew and tore them apart. They should have had a ring too much talent not to have one. 

i'm not a kd fan but props to him for deciding to play for the us olympic team this summer.  

According to a report from Shams Charania, the Brooklyn Nets superstar is expected to commit to playing for Team USA at the Summer Olympics in Tokyo.

Team USA has already received multiple notable commitments, including ones from Bradley Beal, Jayson Tatum, Devin Booker and Draymond Green, among others.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm not a kd fan but props to him for deciding to play for the us olympic team this summer.  

According to a report from Shams Charania, the Brooklyn Nets superstar is expected to commit to playing for Team USA at the Summer Olympics in Tokyo.

Team USA has already received multiple notable commitments, including ones from Bradley Beal, Jayson Tatum, Devin Booker and Draymond Green, among others.

Separate the guy off the floor and on it.

Dude is one of the greatest players of all time and for me was so much fun to watch these playoffs. 

Rather watch him over Giannis 10 out of 10 times. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

There's something that I never really gave much thought to until Ben.  That something is looking for the joy and passion in players.  I can't quite describe it but whatever "it" is I see it in guys like KD, Westbrook.  They absolutely love playing the game, like Maxey.  Maxey is a talent and his joy for the game is such a bonus to watch. 

When I was younger I remember how commentators would say how Kwame Brown, for example, was blessed with talent but did not enjoy the game.  I never really gave much thought to it back then. Fultz and now  Ben have completed reshaped how I view players now. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, therealdawk20 said:

There's something that I never really gave much thought to until Ben.  That something is looking for the joy and passion in players.  I can't quite describe it but whatever "it" is I see it in guys like KD, Westbrook.  They absolutely love playing the game, like Maxey.  Maxey is a talent and his joy for the game is such a bonus to watch. 

When I was younger I remember how commentators would say how Kwame Brown, for example, was blessed with talent but did not enjoy the game.  I never really gave much thought to it back then. Fultz and now  Ben have completed reshaped how I view players now. 

Oh I have said it for a while now. NBA has a pretty good starting lineup of them. 

KAT, Bagley, Aaron Gordon, Wiggins, Simmons