***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Celtics 18th***

Agent23

9 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

So painful to watch bridges play well

Meh. I’m over it at this point. He isn’t the difference maker leading the 76ers to a championship.

54 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Meh. I’m over it at this point. He isn’t the difference maker leading the 76ers to a championship.

We could make a case that this season he could have been 

18 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

We could make a case that this season he could have been 

Definitely would have made the injury to Danny green not sting as much. Plus made us deeper as either curry or green could’ve come off the bench. 

I'm sad Black Widow will be overlapping with Game 2 tonight. I skipped the chance to see this werewolves movie Tuesday because it was an 8:30 showing only and would have had me miss all of Game 1. 

Unless there’s another Kyrie type injury don’t see the bucks winning this series. Suns are just a lot better overall. I also think the Suns pieces fit together better. And like i said a couple weeks back i don’t trust middleton and holiday to be consistent enough against better teams as the no. 2 and 3 options. Middleton at times looks like an all star and then tonight 5-16 for 11. Holiday has been up and down and his shooting throughout the playoffs has been really alarming. He’s shooting 41.1% (130-316) and 28.9% (33-114). He had 17 points tonight but was 7-21. So far this series hes 11-35 (31.4%) and 1-7 from three. 

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Unless there’s another Kyrie type injury don’t see the bucks winning this series. Suns are just a lot better overall. I also think the Suns pieces fit together better. And like i said a couple weeks back i don’t trust middleton and holiday to be consistent enough against better teams as the no. 2 and 3 options. Middleton at times looks like an all star and then tonight 5-16 for 11. Holiday has been up and down and his shooting throughout the playoffs has been really alarming. He’s shooting 41.1% (130-316) and 28.9% (33-114). He had 17 points tonight but was 7-21. So far this series hes 11-35 (31.4%) and 1-7 from three. 

Holiday has not been impressive at all. In fact, he’s brought them down considerably. Bucks are screwed with that contract and their overall cap situation going forward. This is their best shot.

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Suns maybe down to 7 guys now with Saric and Craig potentially out. Can they wear down Paul with full court pressure for 40 minutes. I think next game is telling

Stop playing Tucker 

15 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Suns maybe down to 7 guys now with Saric and Craig potentially out. Can they wear down Paul with full court pressure for 40 minutes. I think next game is telling

Stop playing Tucker 

I think depends on Nader. I’d argue Nader has been nearly as good as saric when he’s played this year. I’d say better defensively but slight drop off offensively. That might just be a push imo. Craig hurts cause I think he’s a solid bench piece that gives you 10-20 quality mins per game. If Craig is out of game 3 and 4 (likely) i wouldn’t be surprised if the Suns give cam Johnson and Payne more minutes. Cam actually been really good and probably earned more playing time anyway. That said one of the only regrets the Suns probably have this year is taking jalen smith over Haliburton in the draft. Would’ve been ridiculous to have Booker, bridges, haliburton and Ayton as your young nucleus. 

I think the issue with tucker is they have to play him cause Connaughton can give you buckets but yet still be a -14 in the game. I actually think this is a series where they finally feel the loss of Divincenzo

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

Holiday has not been impressive at all. In fact, he’s brought them down considerably. Bucks are screwed with that contract and their overall cap situation going forward. This is their best shot.

yeah...jrue is catching a lot of heat on nba radio today. 

29 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah...jrue is catching a lot of heat on nba radio today. 

I pointed this out earlier in the playoffs his blazer series is not indicative of what he’s been in the playoffs most of his career. He had games where he plays like that but most of his career outside of that series he’s been really inconsistent game to game with his shooting and scoring. This postseason it’s become more glaring as he’s been super inefficient shooting the ball in most of his games. His atlanta series he averaged 22 ppg which is the best series he’s had since that blazers series in  terms of ppg. However he needed 18 shots in order to get that. 

also when Giannis was out game 5 and 6 i thought it was the most consistent (his entire game defense, scoring, assists and boards) he has actually looked all playoffs game to game. 

Worst part of nba finals is needing to be broadcast on network television so that all of nowhere America has the ability to watch. ABC should work a finals deal with tnt to use their studio crew for all games 

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

team usa just lost an exhibition game to nigeria. 

A6A01D11-D3C6-4925-9DA5-E7A72CE9D7BC.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

team usa just lost an exhibition game to nigeria. 

Meanwhile Australia are winning off the back of Thybulle's D against Argentina. 

A 100 year old Scola is still playing for Argentina

And Mills hit the go ahead 3 to end the game. The man is on another level when playing for Australia 

Giannis showing them what it is at the foul line!

48 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Giannis showing them what it is at the foul line!

Dude might carry the team to a ring. Get Ayton in foul trouble and this is over 

16 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I love how last night had the Red that CP3 has issues with and marks something like the 15th consecutive playoff loss when those 2 are paired together. But one of the biggest praises of Ayton this year and this post season especially was how well he AVOIDED foul trouble. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It’s pretty amazing the Suns in their last 9 finals games have given up a 40 point scorer in 6 of those games. 

that said the bucks are 8-1 at home and just 5-6 on the road in the playoffs. They play significantly better at home.  the Suns at home are also 8-2 at home and 6-3 on the road. I have more confidence the Suns could pull out a road victory then the bucks doing so in this series. To me game 4 is going to determine how long this series goes. If the Suns win it’s over in 5. If the bucks win this is likely going to game 7

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’s pretty amazing the Suns in their last 9 finals games have given up a 40 point scorer in 6 of those games. 

that said the bucks are 8-1 at home and just 5-6 on the road in the playoffs. They play significantly better at home.  the Suns at home are also 8-2 at home and 6-3 on the road. I have more confidence the Suns could pull out a road victory then the bucks doing so in this series. To me game 4 is going to determine how long this series goes. If the Suns win it’s over in 5. If the bucks win this is likely going to game 7

to 40pt factoid... most Finals have a superstar from each team on them, playing about 8-10 minutes per game more than they did during the regular season, so I'm sure most Finals teams have had a lot of 40pt opponents on their stat sheet.

we're now in this weird scheduling thing that happens in the Finals. Every other round it seems like games are every other day. MAYBE they get a 2-day break when they have to change cities. But in the Finals you have 1-day off between games 1 and 2... then 2-days off between games 2 and 3... and for some reason 2-days off between 3 and 4.... this probably give advantage towards someone like Giannis with the hyper extension and carrying the most load from his respective team on his shoulders allowing more days for rest/recovery/treatment. Doesn't mean that Bucks will win, but that I think their output on 2 days rest versus 1 day is a greater delta than Phoenix's 1-day vs 2-day (even with an aging Paul)

47 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

to 40pt factoid... most Finals have a superstar from each team on them, playing about 8-10 minutes per game more than they did during the regular season, so I'm sure most Finals teams have had a lot of 40pt opponents on their stat sheet.

we're now in this weird scheduling thing that happens in the Finals. Every other round it seems like games are every other day. MAYBE they get a 2-day break when they have to change cities. But in the Finals you have 1-day off between games 1 and 2... then 2-days off between games 2 and 3... and for some reason 2-days off between 3 and 4.... this probably give advantage towards someone like Giannis with the hyper extension and carrying the most load from his respective team on his shoulders allowing more days for rest/recovery/treatment. Doesn't mean that Bucks will win, but that I think their output on 2 days rest versus 1 day is a greater delta than Phoenix's 1-day vs 2-day (even with an aging Paul)

I’d put warriors and warriors are the only teams that’s played in multiple finals (2 or more) in the last 30 years have had that many 40 point games in the finals and it took 23 games against Lebron to do it. Even the cavs when they played Durant on the warriors gave up over 32 points per game to Durant but only 1 40 point game. 

the rest of 2 days definitely benefits giannis and the bucks. You rather make him play sooner rather than later and doesn’t allow for the extra treatment and rest. I still think the bucks have issues on the road though. They’ve been completely inconsistent on the road. Meanwhile the Suns are great at home and much better on the road especially following a road loss than the bucks. I think homecourt winds up being the difference. 

Also helping last night is Chris Paul teams when Scott foster is officiating are 1-12 in their last 13 games.