***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Celtics 18th***

Agent23

Lol @ refs in this game. Giannis bulldozed another guy gets the blocking foul and then shamet is ran into by giannis and there’s no call. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lol @ refs in this game. Giannis bulldozed another guy gets the blocking foul and then shamet is ran into by giannis and there’s no call. 

This series has made me not like watching Giannis 

• Like 1

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

This series has made me not like watching Giannis 

It’s amazing the amount of calls he gets away with and the refs give him. but it’s re-iterated how much of a dbag pj tucker is. 

Harden isn't wrong 

"I wish I could be 7-feet, run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all," Harden said. "I gotta actually learn how to play basketball and how to have skill. I'll take that any day

11 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Harden isn't wrong 

"I wish I could be 7-feet, run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all," Harden said. "I gotta actually learn how to play basketball and how to have skill. I'll take that any day

I mean he’s not wrong. 

that said I’ll take back that the bucks can’t win a title with those 3. Not because i think they are really great but i think this year they are going to wind up being super fortunate on their path. the nets don’t have harden at close to 100% and kyrie got injured on a fluke play. Then the sixers went completely mental against atlanta. Then out west kawhi tears his knee and i can’t see PG13 leading them to a title. Suns might not have Paul for an extended period of time which might hurt them in the next series and utah needs Conley (although i think they force that to a game 7). This year their path opened up and they are only down donte compared to other teams missing their best players. 

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I mean he’s not wrong. 

that said I’ll take back that the bucks can’t win a title with those 3. Not because i think they are really great but i think this year they are going to wind up being super fortunate on their path. the nets don’t have harden at close to 100% and kyrie got injured on a fluke play. Then the sixers went completely mental against atlanta. Then out west kawhi tears his knee and i can’t see PG13 leading them to a title. Suns might not have Paul for an extended period of time which might hurt them in the next series and utah needs Conley (although i think they force that to a game 7). This year their path opened up and they are only down donte compared to other teams missing their best players. 

And the Sixers crapped the bed and peed all over their opportunity......

50 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

And the Sixers crapped the bed and peed all over their opportunity......

Yeah the sixers path to the eastern conference finals was never going to be any easier. Give atlanta credit for coming back in games but really feels like the sixers imploded more than atlanta looked great in the games 

• Like 1

Not sure I understand this for the Celtics. The upside is that they clear about 7 million in cap space next year and roughly 20 million in the following year. Seems like they’re punting on the 2021-2022 season and targeting a big FA in the summer of 2022.

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

Not sure I understand this for the Celtics. The upside is that they clear about 7 million in cap space next year and roughly 20 million in the following year. Seems like they’re punting on the 2021-2022 season and targeting a big FA in the summer of 2022.

Kemba stinks, flat out stinks and to get off that contract was really smart.

Also, liked what Moses Brown showed in his minutes that he got.  Al is some veteran leadership team desperately needs. I think was the best they could get for Kemba considering, it was that or bring in another terrible contract like KP. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Kemba stinks, flat out stinks and to get off that contract was really smart.

Also, liked what Moses Brown showed in his minutes that he got.  Al is some veteran leadership team desperately needs. I think was the best they could get for Kemba considering, it was that or bring in another terrible contract like KP. 

Yeah kemba is nowhere close to the same player after his knee injury. Plus horford becomes an expiring contract after next year which can be useful to them. Plus they’ve needed a veteran leader on that team that they haven’t had since he left. i think he’s pretty much a backup at this point but he will give them something they are missing which is a veteran voice in that locker room. 

He will be the Embiid and Giannis stoppper!

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah kemba is nowhere close to the same player after his knee injury. Plus horford becomes an expiring contract after next year which can be useful to them. Plus they’ve needed a veteran leader on that team that they haven’t had since he left. i think he’s pretty much a backup at this point but he will give them something they are missing which is a veteran voice in that locker room. 

Horfford wasn't a leader when he was there. They were fighting and carrying on when he was there too.  Being old doesn't make you a leader

45 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Horfford wasn't a leader when he was there. They were fighting and carrying on when he was there too.  Being old doesn't make you a leader

The issue was kyrie with guys on the team when he was there that was in fighting. And i can tell you from kadeem allen, who I’m actually friends with (played at Arizona) and who was on that team when horford was there when kyrie got there.  So I’m telling you definitively horford was the leader inside that locker room. So you can think whatever you want but that came from a player inside that locker room that everyone looked at as the leader as the elder statesman on that team. They loved horford in that locker room when he was there, really respected him. There were rumors that Boston didn’t want him to leave but refused to give him that type of contract (idiotic contract) the sixers did at that age. 

again you can take that for whatever you like but kadeem is pretty upfront and was in the organization and friends with guys still on that team  

and if you actually look they’ve allude/hinted at missing him inside the locker room since he’s left. Also Kevin O’Connor (Nba insider but really Celtics) in his podcast and on Wip went into great detail about things he’s about the loss of horford with the Celtics in the locker room. 

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The issue was kyrie with guys on the team when he was there that was in fighting. And i can tell you from kadeem allen, who I’m actually friends with (played at Arizona) and who was on that team when horford was there when kyrie got there.  So I’m telling you definitively horford was the leader inside that locker room. So you can think whatever you want but that came from a player inside that locker room that everyone looked at as the leader as the elder statesman on that team. They loved horford in that locker room when he was there, really respected him. There were rumors that Boston didn’t want him to leave but refused to give him that type of contract (idiotic contract) the sixers did at that age. 

again you can take that for whatever you like but kadeem is pretty upfront and was in the organization and friends with guys still on that team  

and if you actually look they’ve allude/hinted at missing him inside the locker room since he’s left. Also Kevin O’Connor (Nba insider but really Celtics) in his podcast and on Wip went into great detail about things he’s about the loss of horford with the Celtics in the locker room. 

I just know while he was there they were constantly having player only meetings and what not. I'm sure they respected horfford and liked him but, Kyrie still had no problems causing problems along with smart. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I just know while he was there they were constantly having player only meetings and what not. I'm sure they respected horfford and liked him but, Kyrie still had no problems causing problems along with smart. 

I can tell you kyrie was a pain in the ass not just to the players but also ainge and the front office. Also didn’t like Stevens. I know there was a good shouting match in the locker room between Stevens and kyrie in the first year kyrie was there. I think kyrie was a huge issue for them. This year i have no clue kadeem is playing overseas so i didn’t talk to him as much during the course of the year. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I can tell you kyrie was a pain in the ass not just to the players but also ainge and the front office. Also didn’t like Stevens. I know there was a good shouting match in the locker room between Stevens and kyrie in the first year kyrie was there. I think kyrie was a huge issue for them. This year i have no clue kadeem is playing overseas so i didn’t talk to him as much during the course of the year. 

Only so much a leader can do I guess. Look at the 2004 Eagles with T.O. and McNabb. Dawkins was at his peak and he even couldn't keep that locker room together. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

Boston will go stah hunting this off-season. 

They’ll be lucky to end up with....ONE STAH

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

Boston will go stah hunting this off-season. 

Watch them hire brown lol 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Only so much a leader can do I guess. Look at the 2004 Eagles with T.O. and McNabb. Dawkins was at his peak and he even couldn't keep that locker room together. 

Hugh and TO fight in the locker room told by trotter is pretty awesome story. 

• Like 1

Nba has to be thrilled that they have 3 game 7s this weekend 

i may have spoke too soon 

• Haha 1

I can’t believe the jazz lost the last two games to the clippers without kawhi. Lol. Mann playing the game of his life and Reggie jackson and George have been spectacular 

• Haha 1

I believe Marc Stein also said bucks if they move on from bud would be very interested in Carlisle.