Round 2 (#53): Eagles select Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma QB)

Moderator6

I wonder how Lurie is feeling right now.  He had to have signed off on this right?

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I totally agree! I think it’s a horrible move, but again when I saw DP’s face after the picked I was quite shocked how happy he looked the Eagles made this move. It’s crazy to me how none of them realize they have voluntarily created a QB controversy in the very near future. 

For this to have a chance to really be a QB controversy - especially with how high character both QBs are - Wentz would have to play really bad or get hurt, and then Hurts to come in and play well. In which case you probably still would not feel bad about the pick. And I don't believe that will happen. Wentz will have a great season with Djax and Reagor.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Makilavelli said:

Some dude is posting anywhere and everywhere on Twitter that he thinks Wentz would pull a Luck on us and retire in a few. You’re only crazy until it happens....

Honestly Carson has been hurt every year of his career since college. It wouldn’t be a big shock if he did eventually retire. I still think this was a bad pick, but it’s not unrealistic to think Carson could retire sooner than most QBs. He’s a simple man with more money he can count. He can retire and live a comfortable life working in ministry and taking care of his family. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Infam said:

For this to have a chance to really be a QB controversy - especially with how high character both QBs are - Wentz would have to play really bad or get hurt, and then Hurts to come in and play well. In which case you probably still would not feel bad about the pick. And I don't believe that will happen. Wentz will have a great season with Djax and Reagor.

We have seen Carson get hurt year after year. You know when Foles came in it wasn’t any realistic chance he would get the job, but you can’t make those claims with a 2nd round pick. 

1 minute ago, Quiet Boy said:

Assuming Jackson stays healthy, that's fine. Who is playing CB or LB though?

If the plan is: Our offense will score big time and on defense we got a great line and Slay. Sounds alright. And we still got more players to come..

I think Howie had a dream and only had to picks Jalens this draft. Which other Jalens are left?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Infam said:

Wentz will have a great season with Djax and Reagor

I mean he has to. Dallas is gonna put a 50 burger on our Secondary.

2 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

I think Howie had a dream and only had to picks Jalens this draft. Which other Jalens are left?

Missed out on Jalen Ramsey so he’s making up for it. 😂😂😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Every year they celebrate themselves. In the end it is our team that shows character time after time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bloodtype_Green said:

Half of second round picks amount to nothing in the NFL.  I wouldn't call insurance for an injury prone QB tremendous.  

It's tremendous because it was a 2nd round pick.  Why not go with Sudfeld and a veteran as your backups?  Then, by your own definition, we take a linebacker, safety, corner that has a 50/50 chance of being a stud.  Instead we get nothing, and glaring holes remain shining bright everywhere. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

If I’m Carson my agent is on the phone giving Howie the business. Isn’t it funny how so many people said Carson will have a lot of input in this draft? Can’t see how he thought it would be a good idea to create a QB controversy AGAIN. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

It's tremendous because it was a 2nd round pick.  Why not go with Sudfeld and a veteran as your backups?  Then, by your own definition, we take a linebacker, safety, corner that has a 50/50 chance of being a stud.  Instead we get nothing, and glaring holes remain shining bright everywhere. 

Yet we didn't get nothing. We got a very good player.

• Like 1

So we just used a second round pick on a gadget player?

We've had five picks in the first two rounds the past season. Only one has been on a lineman. None have been used for the defense. 1QB, 1RB, 2WRs and 1OT.

I miss the Andy days when we'd prioritize the trenches. Apparently now all we need is offensive skill players.

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

A good player in college, that won't play unless our 100 million dollar QB gets hurt. 

4 minutes ago, Infam said:

Who we hope to never use.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Maybe we can have Foles play certain downs and Vick play certain... oh.. wait...

I went to the Hurts highlight reel... it was all C D Lamb... Grrrrrrr

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I wonder how Lurie is feeling right now.  He had to have signed off on this right?

You would think so.  Feels like insurance.  There must be something about Wentz they don’t like or are concerned about so want a Plan B just in case.  Not sure what it is.

16 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Lurie is arrogant like Howie. They overrate themselves constantly.  'gold standard'   They think they are a QB factory when they are just dumb

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

I think I'd rather watch edps reaction

It was a show

32 minutes ago, Quiet Boy said:

For those that can't watch the video:

Opens by saying they invested in Carson and believe he's going to take them to another Super Bowl, and want to surround him with great players.  Says he told Carson earlier in the day Jalen Hurts would be an option so he knew.

Then says they want to develop QBs and be a QB factory.

On QB controversy:  said no different than bringing in Nick Foles and paying him money.  Says Sudfeld wants opportunity to go somewhere else and start so he might not be here a year from now, so wanted to get the QB ahead of time to develop.

Doug doesn't even look happy, he looks annoyed (maybe he IS drunk as someone said lol).  Compares to other QB combos.  Wants to explore that like Flacco/Jackson, Brees/Hill.

Do you expect a 2nd round pick to be a starter/and what about using it to trade up?  - likes Reagor, excited about him.  Hurts wasn't a factor in not trading up.  Repeated about wanting to have strong QB room and they've always gotten great VALUE in the QB position (sounds like compiling assets).

Why draft a player that won't play this season instead of a guy who won't play this year?  - Howie repeats value of QB

Howie repeated several times Carson is a Pro Bowl QB, on the cusp of MVP and phenomenal.

Doug: Press Taylor went to his Pro day, and they all saw him at the combine.  

Weidl: he's part of the new guard of mobile QBs: can run and pass well.  Poised in pocket, but can throw on the move as well.

Doug; there might not be an offseason so will take time to develop.

Howie kept saying valuable player and collecting assets - says they've benefited in the past and mentions they can develop and then trade the "assets."

• Thanks 1

Just now, manz2821 said:

Cowboys sadly are having a great draft. So frustrating 

They also will have a better coach for this season than they had last season(s)

• Like 1

Because nothing says "win now" like surrounding your young quarterback with more young quarterbacks.  

• Like 4