Round 2 (#53): Eagles select Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma QB)

Moderator6

1 minute ago, Infam said:

We did focus on the offense, and that is what most teams do when they have their franchise QB.

Hopefully Hurts would work with DJax, Reagor, Goedert, Ertz and Sanders to name a few. He could do worse I guess.

How did we? One freaking pick? One pick and Hurts? Wow loaded. 

And again Hurts working with those guys is a step DOWN from Wentz. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How did we? One freaking pick? One pick and Hurts? Wow loaded. 

Reagor and Dillard in the first- Goedert, Sanders, JJaw and Hurts in the second. Looks to me like we are really trying.

I'm going to reserve judgement on the pick of hurts.  I think the fact that our last few playoff runs have ended without our starting QB at the very least warrants giving this a chance.  

• Like 2

Just now, Infam said:

Reagor and Dillard in the first- Goedert, Sanders, JJaw and Hurts in the second. Looks to me like we are really trying.

Dillard who has question marks? Let's see how that plays out. JJAW who sucked last year? Wow we are so freaking loaded.

Just now, DieselEagle said:

I'm going to reserve judgement on the pick of hurts.  I think the fact that our last few playoff runs have ended without our starting QB at the very least warrants giving this a chance.  

But we won't be going back to the play offs as things stand. Not with our roster against Dallas roster. 

Dillard who has question marks? Let's see how that plays out. JJAW who sucked last year? Wow we are so freaking loaded.

Oh my god! Not EVERY SINGLE pick is a star RIGHT AWAY!

Now I see it too. FIRE HIM! 😂

Just now, Infam said:

Oh my god! Not EVERY SINGLE pick is a star RIGHT AWAY!

Now I see it too. FIRE HIM! 😂

But you can't act like this offense is stacked and loaded when there's question marks over the players you mentioned. 

Let's remind ourselves... Jeffrey injured and wasn't very good last year when healthy. DeSean is 32 and misses time, plus is coming off a season where he played one game. JJAW who sucked. Goedert who still isn't being utilised and we still aren't really a 12 personnel heavy team. Only 2 RBs currently on the roster. Just lost our best LT with question marks over the young rookie. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But we won't be going back to the play offs as things stand. Not with our roster against Dallas roster. 

Everyone said this last year as well.  And what happened.  If you really believe this than maybe we should think about getting rid of wentz.  I think, just like last year, we have as good if not better chance to get to the playoffs than any other team in the east.  If we stay healthy.  And if there is a key injury (say QB) I'm feeling a bit better about things with the current setup than before.  

1 minute ago, DieselEagle said:

Everyone said this last year as well.  And what happened.  If you really believe this than maybe we should think about getting rid of wentz.  I think, just like last year, we have as good if not better chance to get to the playoffs than any other team in the east.  If we stay healthy.  And if there is a key injury (say QB) I'm feeling a bit better about things with the current setup than before.  

No last year we went in with high hopes. With an offense we said should be a top 5 offense in the league and major questions should be asked if they aren't. Well they weren't and coaches lost their jobs but apparently the players can carry on. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No last year we went in with high hopes. With an offense we said should be a top 5 offense in the league and major questions should be asked if they aren't. Well they weren't and coaches lost their jobs but apparently the players can carry on. 

Last year once again we had absolutely nobody healthy. And still the last guys they could find, Scott and Ward stepped up big time and lead us to the playoffs.

Sorry for you if that didn't entertain you! But I was proud as hell. :Eagle_smiley:

So the offense hasn't changed (actually it's probably better) why wouldn't you expect them to be top 5 this year? 

Just now, Infam said:

Last year once again we had absolutely nobody healthy. And still the last guys they could find, Scott and Ward stepped up big time and let us to the playoffs.

Sorry for you if that didn't entertain you! But I was proud as hell. :Eagle_smiley:

And you've still got those same players who have injury issues. You've lost a good RB, your HoF LT who still played at a good level. This offense is worse than this time last year. 

So the offense hasn't changed (actually it's probably better) why wouldn't you expect them to be top 5 this year? 

No it hasn't improved majorly. I mean I love the Reagor pick but he's a back up to DeSean for the most part. Who's the X receiver? I have zero expectations for them to be a top 5 offense. Why on earth would I think differently based on this ish show of a draft?

And you've still got those same players who have injury issues. You've lost a good RB, your HoF LT who still played at a good level. This offense is worse than this time last year. 

I think it's better. But if you want to talk injuries now: Guess what the injury is that we could overcome the hardest? That might have ended our season last year?

Just now, Infam said:

I think it's better. But if you want to talk injuries now: Guess what the injury is that we could overcome the hardest? That might have ended our season last year?

You think this offense is better? Go on. 

Ok great so if we are in the same situation we might be slightly better off though I'd argue next year we aren't because Hurts is one for development. 

Oh and FWIW this roster isn't going back to the play offs against that Dallas team so... Great job Howie. 

You think this offense is better? Go on. 

Ok great so if we are in the same situation we might be slightly better off though I'd argue next year we aren't because Hurts is one for development. 

Oh and FWIW this roster isn't going back to the play offs against that Dallas team so... Great job Howie. 

Hurts will play this season. He will contribute, even if Wentz is healthy 100%. Reagor will be a big help too. And I don't think DJax will miss the whole season again either.

So yeah, big surprise coming for you. And the idiot Cowboys.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No it hasn't improved majorly. I mean I love the Reagor pick but he's a back up to DeSean for the most part. Who's the X receiver? I have zero expectations for them to be a top 5 offense. Why on earth would I think differently based on this ish show of a draft?

So you admit its improved.  

Just now, Infam said:

Hurts will play this season. He will contribute, even if Wentz is healthy 100%. Reagor will be a big help too. And I don't think DJax will miss the whole season again either.

Hurts will only play if Wentz gets hurt. If you think this offense is suddenly going to use both Hurts and Wentz then look at what they did with Ward... Nothing in a creative sense.

So you admit its improved.  

No I wouldn't say it's improved. 

8 minutes ago, Infam said:

I agree. The team basically drafted to fix a major problem from last year so far.  One was all our WRs going down so they drafted a WR and probably will grab another.  the other was our QB went down so they are drafting to avoid that having such a huge impact on us.  the more I think about it the more I think it was a shrewd move. 

• Like 3

Hurts will only play if Wentz gets hurt. If you think this offense is suddenly going to use both Hurts and Wentz then look at what they did with Ward... Nothing in a creative sense.

Sorry mate, but I don't think you have been paying attention to the Eagles much last season.

No I wouldn't say it's improved. 

Sigh. Ok then. Agree to disagree.

2 minutes ago, DieselEagle said:

I agree. The team basically drafted to fix a major problem from last year so far.  One was all our WRs going down so they drafted a WR and probably will grab another.  the other was our QB went down so they are drafting to avoid that having such a huge impact on us.  the more I think about it the more I think it was a shrude move. 

And if it was for the concussion protocol only. Might already save a season.

24 minutes ago, Infam said:

Sorry mate, but I don't think you have been paying attention to the Eagles much last season.

Sigh. Ok then. Agree to disagree.

Believe me I did. This is not a creative offense. Hasn't been since 2017.

3 hours ago, PhillyFan4Life9 said:

Can I just play devil's advocate and ask why no one questioned Bill when he took Jimmy. If Howie had a better drafting record would anyone be complaining? Not saying I agree with the decision but answer me that

Brady was a much older player at the time Garoppolo was drafted. And while Brady has been durable throughout his career, Father Time is undefeated. Belichick prepared a little early as it turned out, but it wasn’t an insane decision. Nothing like what we’re facing today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infam said:

If Hurts is a good player, this is a very good pick. Simple.

Not when you typically play one QB at a time.

They've also spent a premium pick on a player we all hope never plays. As I’ve said before. This is not a good decision regardless, but could at least be gotten over if the roster is already stacked. We don’t have that luxury. 

Ok. I had time to sleep on it and cool down. 

...and I’m still Fing pissed off by this pick. 

• Like 3

I love the Reagor pick, but if what really held them back from trading up to 16 to get Lamb was they didn’t want to give up 53 to do it...and now they Fing waste that pick on a QB? 

As much as I like Reagor, Lamb + no second round pick is better than Reagor and Jalen Fing Hurts. 

• Like 1