Round 2 (#53): Eagles select Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma QB)

Moderator6

I expected this to be a universally poorly graded move by the media but surprisingly NFL.com likes it

Screenshot_20200425-091943_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ea0ad9b5849fbf37c1858dafbfd2602a.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I expected this to be a universally poorly graded move by the media but surprisingly NFL.com likes it

Screenshot_20200425-091943_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ea0ad9b5849fbf37c1858dafbfd2602a.jpg

Taking a backup wasn’t a bad pick at all, it’s just 1-2 rounds too high. But if Hurts was that much better on their draft board than the 4th round guys then whatever.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Yeah it's crazy it's almost like if your team sucks and you have a much higher draft pick you can pick better players. Seems unfair.

While I'll agree, Patriots always seem to knock the draft out of the park each year picking at the ends of the rounds?

It's when the team that sucks gets better while your front office makes stupid decisions is how you lose the advantage in your division.

Just now, CheesesteakNBeer said:

While I'll agree, Patriots always seem to knock the draft out of the park each year picking at the ends of the rounds?

Eh if we picked that division 2 safety they picked, people would be inactive uproar here too. 

3 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

It's when the team that sucks gets better while your front office makes stupid decisions is how you lose the advantage in your division.

We did get one of the most explosive WRs in the draft though. Is it really that bad?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Bc they aren’t fans of the team. We see it as bad because we know the holes on this team and the situation with Wentz and how eagle fans can be with backup qbs. I like the player too but just not here. Taylor is an athletic freak you have to take a chance on there so I had no problem. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

And? Everyone agrees Rodgers has more talent than Brady. 

Brady at 36 - loses AFCCG to denver

Brady at 37 - wins Super Bowl

Brady at 38 - loses AFCCFG to denver

Brady at 39 - 27-3 super bowl win 

Brady at 40 - loses super bowl (go eagles!)

Brady at 41 - wins super bowl 

Brady at 42 - owned by a pick-6

Talent sure. Better qb? No. 

43 minutes ago, judunno said:

This draft is rather odd for the Eagles. I was pretty confident they would make some trades in the first 3 rounds given the number of picks they have in the 4th but nada so far. Not their usual MO. Did the Slay trade really stop them from making moves in the draft this year?

I think it’s more likely they are planning on not playing this year. Taking guys that are a little more raw with an entire year to coach. 

34 minutes ago, Bloodtype_Green said:

The odds are against Wentz playing a full season healthy.  

Why ?? He has done it twice in 2 of his 4 seasons.

Interesting note, in three seasons Desaun  Watson has missed more time to injury than Carson has in four seasons.

Just now, downundermike said:

Why ?? He has done it twice in 2 of his 4 seasons.

Interesting note, in three seasons Desaun  Watson has missed more time to injury than Carson has in four seasons.

And actually all of this is spot on but... Teams don't use a second round pick on a back up QB when you have a 27 year old on a big deal. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And actually all of this is spot on but... Teams don't use a second round pick on a back up QB when you have a 27 year old on a big deal. 

True. But all that leads me to is that we are smarter than the other teams now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Unless...

1 minute ago, Infam said:

True. But all that leads me to is that we are smarter than the other teams now.

No there's good reason no other team does it. It's a waste of time and resources. 

1 minute ago, judunno said:

Unless...

Go on...

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No there's good reason no other team does it. It's a waste of time and resources. 

Go on...

Asking you to think of the unless... what circumstances with the current franchise QB would make a team do this .

Just now, judunno said:

Asking you to think of the unless... what circumstances with the current franchise QB would make a team do this .

He's not coming back next year. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's not coming back next year. 

Go deeper. Why wouldn't he come back next year.

45 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Eagles??

Outside speed receiver that some are saying we drafted to high..a quarterback that may never see the field and a linebacker that is raw, inexperienced and undersized.

See what i did there???

Sure. It's called hyperbole. Reagor will be a great addition. Hurts could turn out to be one of the biggest steals in the draft. And tbh I like if they take a project with 103.

5 minutes ago, judunno said:

Go deeper. Why wouldn't he come back next year.

U saying that Carson has flagged to the team he will retire early?

Highly doubtful. He seems to love this game. It’s why he keeps getting hurt.

2 minutes ago, Thrive said:

U saying that Carson has flagged to the team he will retire early?

Highly doubtful. He seems to love this game. It’s why he keeps getting hurt.

Wait... I said that?

I think some are taking it too serious now. 

Wentz is not going anywhere. Hes not getting traded, not going to retire. 

Hurts is a insurance policy with options to try him out in other areas. Hurts does have talent, He will be cheap for 4 years and He knows his role. Do I think it might have been a bit early, yea. but I think its a simple reason why. Some are reading too much more into it when there is nothing there. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How did we? One freaking pick? One pick and Hurts? Wow loaded. 

And again Hurts working with those guys is a step DOWN from Wentz. 

And that's why he will be the backup and not the starting QB.  But we need a solid backup.

• Like 1