Round 2 (#53): Eagles select Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma QB)

Moderator6

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

But QB is the most important position in football. Why not get the QB in round 1 and get your WR at 53?

because we needed a wr and reagor would not have been there at 53.  unless you want to argue that also.

hurts shouldn't have been there at 53, but he was and was great value knowing the college career he had.

Just now, Uscg-green said:

I give you credit on being able top continue the argument after he said top 5 pick.

Only reason I don't argue that stuff is because I don't follow college. Right now, to me, there's no difference between the top overall pick and Mr Irrelevant. Just like Reagor and Taylor. I have no strong opinion on the players themselves, but I do like the positions they addressed. I don't like QB in round 2 given our situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Only reason I don't argue that stuff is because I don't follow college. Right now, to me, there's no difference between the top overall pick and Mr Irrelevant. Just like Reagor and Taylor. I have no strong opinion on the players themselves, but I do like the positions they addressed. I don't like QB in round 2 given our situation.

and you lost all your credibility.

i'm done here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

because we needed a wr and reagor would not have been there at 53.  unless you want to argue that also.

hurts shouldn't have been there at 53, but he was and was great value knowing the college career he had.

But you also just said they didn't think Hurts would be there at 53 either, and QB is more important. Given the logic, it makes more sense to get the QB you like first, and get your WR later.

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He played for my team in college. He likes to run around the field and give his receivers time to get open then throw outside the pocket or run for himself. He can't stand in the pocket and throw. Which is fine in college because no one could catch him. He will be blown up with that crap in the NFL. He lost his job to Tua and had to transfer.

4 minutes ago, jblah said:

This was a move to screw the pats. Plans and simple. 

In reality it probably screwed us more

Just now, JayEcho said:

i'm done here.

How so? At no time have I address the player's careers. I'm addressing their position. I've even said Hurts may be a great player for all I know. It was a terrible position to address in that spot.

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

He played for my team in college. He likes to run around the field and give his receivers time to get open then throw outside the pocket or run for himself. He can't stand in the pocket and throw. Which is fine in college because no one could catch him. He will be blown up with that crap in the NFL. He lost his job to Tua and had to transfer.

That's worrisome.

5 minutes ago, jblah said:

More likely Dallas.  I wouldn't be surprised if they thought the Cowboys were going to take him in Round 3 because of Dak's contract situation and because Cooper Rush sucks. But, no matter what, you don't try to screw over a team to get a backup QB in Round 2. There's no justification for that.

I have come to the conclusion that this will either end up being one of the greatest picks in team history, or the worst. I would say about 90 percent chance of worst and 10 percent best, but I see no middle ground here.

6 minutes ago, jblah said:

If that is true then that is a moronic reason. 

4 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

i'm done here.

Sounds more like a cop out because you were backing yourself into a corner you couldn't get out of.

That's worrisome.

Yeah.  That stuff works great in college because with your raw athleticism you can out run guys that will be accountants after college. In the nfl those guys chasing you are just as talented or more and just as fast. Why his skill set doesn't transfer.

• Like 1

Sounds more like a cop out because you were backing yourself into a corner you couldn't get out of.

8 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Only reason I don't argue that stuff is because I don't follow college.

...again, i'm done.  good day sir.

• Like 1

The only way (in my mind) this pick makes any sense...after the concussion, Wentz got checked out by doctors and was told that any more injuries or concussions and he’s gonna have to cut his playing career short. Eagles were told and this is their response...the only way to me, this makes any sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

Well I do. So answer me this? If Hurts was better than Tua why did one of the most successful college coaches in history replace Hurts with Tua?

3 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

My not following college has nothing to do with the discussion of drafting a QB in round 2 when you have a $100 Million QB about to enter his prime years. You're using it as an excuse to get out of justifying your position of wanting a gluttony of riches at QB, and why you don't take a top 5 valued QB at 21.

5 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Well I do. So answer me this? If Hurts was better than Tua why did one of the most successful college coaches in history replace Hurts with Tua?

24 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Newsflash College stats don't mean much. 

*thinks joe burrow and heck this draft and anything considering college sports*

...again.  i'm done.  good day sir.

Another Hurts thing... He's just come from an offense that has produced 2 #1 QBs in the last 2-3 years before this year. And QB needy teams passed on him. 

1 minute ago, JayEcho said:

*thinks joe burrow and heck this draft and anything considering college sports*

...again.  i'm done.  good day sir.

Translation: I now realize how foolish I look and want out of this position pronto!

8 minutes ago, Eagleblood52 said:

The only way (in my mind) this pick makes any sense...after the concussion, Wentz got checked out by doctors and was told that any more injuries or concussions and he’s gonna have to cut his playing career short. Eagles were told and this is their response...the only way to me, this makes any sense.

That is possible.  Supposedly he had memory loss briefly. So, you never know.  But, if that's the case, I would've still preferred if they signed a vet.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Another Hurts thing... He's just come from an offense that has produced 2 #1 QBs in the last 2-3 years before this year. And QB needy teams passed on him. 

But But.... according to @JayEcho he is a top 5 pick!

• Like 1

Just now, Uscg-green said:

But But.... according to @JayEcho he is a top 5 pick!

Apparently so yeah. 

He wasn't even BPA so I'm not sure what Howie's strategy is. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eagleblood52 said:

Or you think you're smarter/more ahead of the curve than the rest of the league.