Round 2 (#53): Eagles select Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma QB)

Moderator6

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Well she’s 45 years old. I’ve gotten older and chunkier along with her. You’ve gotta Debbie Downer my draft weekend AND my fantasy choices too?  Did I run your dog over or bang your mom, bro? wtf?! :lol:

You banged my bro? Disgusting 😉

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You banged my bro? Disgusting 😉

Right in front of the Queen mother. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Horrific given she's dead. Sicko.

damn it. What do they call that weekend at Bernie’s lady with the funny hats?  Just Queen then? Oops. See this is why I shouldn’t be home schooling children. 

58 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

damn it. What do they call that weekend at Bernie’s lady with the funny hats?  Just Queen then? Oops. See this is why I shouldn’t be home schooling children. 

Bernie's lady? Funny hats?

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

And those who keep clamoring for Mims at 53, he was the 13th WR taken. He may turn out better than that but I think it says a lot about where the pro scouts viewed him. 

I'm not and never was clamoring for anyone but Hopkins, the one move that would have made this off season an A+.

I know it's moot, but so is every other bit of speculation we do here.         Adding Hopkins would have allowed the Eagles do do what they wished at 21, and might have cost them #53, but given the choice I would take one of the top 3 WR's in the game.        And in all likelihood Hurts would still be there in the 3rd.       

TBH, I would have done it straight up for #21.        Reagor or Hopkins?      I mean, cmon.

19 minutes ago, mjkvol said:

I'm not and never was clamoring for anyone but Hopkins, the one move that would have made this off season an A+.

I know it's moot, but so is every other bit of speculation we do here.         Adding Hopkins would have allowed the Eagles do do what they wished at 21, and might have cost them #53, but given the choice I would take one of the top 3 WR's in the game.        And in all likelihood Hurts would still be there in the 3rd.       

TBH, I would have done it straight up for #21.        Reagor or Hopkins?      I mean, cmon.

You’re not factoring in that he wasn’t straight up for a second rounder (which was higher than ours by the way). Would you have done our second (And maybe another pick since their pick was higher) and Miles Sanders for him?

My "hot crush" growing up was Kate Beckinsale. And she's freaky.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Be still my heart. Now we just need UCSG! :lol:

Don't hold your breath lol. First interception in preseason and the morons will be out in full force screaming start Hurts! We all know it. And I think Slay/Fulton would have been our best CB duo in years. Now if you all will excuse me I'm watching paw patrol with my son lol. Back on 24 hour shift tomorrow.

11 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean I am trying to see the positives of the move. We don't know how it will all play out so I think we have to trust in Doug and his brain trust that they can make this work. If Hurts is literally just a back up then to me it is a bad pick. But if he is influencing several plays one way or another each game plus is of course the back up then that's better. I think we have to look at all of the reasons added together rather than in isolation.

There’s no way to see the Hurts pick as a good move. There’s nothing extra he can bring to the table worth the drama it’s going to cause. Howie is getting heat from a lot of people now. Wentz is not happy right now. Hurts is getting negative vibes for doing nothing but being a good college football player and the Eagles even if they don’t realize it have created a quarterback controversy and this could all blow up in their face. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

There’s no way to see the Hurts pick as a good move. There’s nothing extra he can bring to the table worth the drama it’s going to cause. Howie is getting heat from a lot of people now. Wentz is not happy right now. Hurts is getting negative vibes for doing nothing but being a good college football player and the Eagles even if they don’t realize it have created a quarterback controversy and this could all blow up in their face. 

That’s a lot of assumptions for one post. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

There’s no way to see the Hurts pick as a good move.

Plenty of people and commentators do.

There’s nothing extra he can bring to the table worth the drama it’s going to cause. Howie is getting heat from a lot of people now.

Oh noes, some sports media and talking heads bringing the pressure. I am sure Mr. Roseman didn't see that coming.

Wentz is not happy right now.

Says who? You?

Hurts is getting negative vibes for doing nothing but being a good college football player and the Eagles even if they don’t realize it have created a quarterback controversy and this could all blow up in their face. 

Hurts is not getting any negative vibes. And if some idiots call for him if Wentz plays bad - If Wentz is anything like the man I believe he is, that will only motivate him.

The only way I see this becoming a full blown controversy is if Hurts has to play and plays fantastic ball. And then it's still a problem I'd choose over the alternative.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Infam said:

Oh noes, some sports media and talking heads bringing the pressure. I am sure Mr. Roseman didn't see that coming.

Oh it will be coming from the fans to. What Wentz threw an interception!? Get Hurts In now!

10 minutes ago, Infam said:

Says who? You?

I'm not saying he is unhappy but I'm sure he wasn't THRILLED 

14 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He's right. You have to look at the whole picture not just isolation. The problem with that is, it makes even less sense when you do that.

1) You let the teams only Super Bowl winning quarterback walk because "Wentz is your guy"

2) You give Wentz a huge contract because "Wentz is your guy"

3) The following year you use a 2nd round draft pick on a replacement

If they weren't sold on Wentz why did they do steps 1 and 2.and if you were, why do step 3???

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Infam said:

Plenty of people and commentators do.

Says who? You?

Hurts is not getting any negative vibes. And if some idiots call for him if Wentz plays bad - If Wentz is anything like the man I believe he is, that will only motivate him.

The only way I see this becoming a full blown controversy is if Hurts has to play and plays fantastic ball. And then it's still a problem I'd choose over the alternative.

Roseman admitted that is conversation with Wentz on Hurts was "uncomfortable” you think that means Carson is happy? Plenty of negative energy is going the way of Hurts, and it’s why Roseman had to defend him and remind people he didn’t draft himself. But hey be  naive enough to think everyone and everything is happy in Eagles world. Be foolish enough to think if Hurts comes in and plays well or if Wentz plays poorly people won’t call for him to be benched. Keep on foolishly thinking this is a good thing. 

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Oh it will be coming from the fans to. What Wentz threw an interception!? Get Hurts In now!

So what? If I try to picture it, all I see is Wentz throwing an really angry long bomb and that is that.

Just now, Perforator said:

He's right. You have to look at the whole picture not just isolation. The problem with that is, it makes even less sense when you do that.

1) You let the teams only Super Bowl winning quarterback walk because "Wentz is your guy"

If they weren't sold on Wentz why did they do steps 1 and 2.and if you were, why do step 3???

My opinion is they’re protecting themselves. Overall I don’t think they were wrong in selecting a quarterback. It was a need, but the second round? No matter how they try and spin this i makes Carson look vulnerable. 

3 minutes ago, Perforator said:

Funny how you say you have to look at the whole picture to then pick out one single thing and make a wild assumption on it... And all that to say it makes no sense ??? 😂

1 minute ago, Infam said:

So what? If I try to picture it, all I see is Wentz throwing an really angry long bomb and that is that.

I'm in the camp that a Quarterback should have as little distractions as possible to succeed. Not another QB breathing down your back in a QB controversy.

Funny how you say you have to look at the whole picture to then pick out one single thing and make a wild assumption on it... And all that to say it makes no sense ??? 😂

What part of what i said was an assumption?

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

I'm in the camp that a Quarterback should have as little distractions as possible to succeed. Not another QB breathing down your back in a QB controversy.

So everyone on the team, everywhere on the roster has to compete for a job for the good of the team. But if you have a backup at QB - clearly named the backup - that is just too much for the fragile mental makeup of a guy you pay over 100 Million Dollar to? 

Come on! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Perforator said:

What part of what i said was an assumption?

Actually two. 

1) That Hurts is the replacement for Wentz (he is not).

2) That you can only draft a QB if you aren't sold on your starter.

Both assumptions are wrong.

Just now, Infam said:

So everyone on the team, everywhere on the roster has to compete for a job for the good of the team. But if you have a backup at QB - clearly named the backup - that is just too much for the fragile mental makeup of a guy you pay over 100 Million Dollar to? 

Come on! 

QB is different than any other position on the team and you know it. That's why they have the saying if you have 2 QB's you have none. 

Actually two. 

1) That Hurts is the replacement for Wentz (he is not).

2) That you can only draft a QB if you aren't sold on your starter.

Both assumptions are wrong.

In your opinion