Round 2 (#53): Eagles select Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma QB)

Moderator6

Wetz will be 28 at year end.   Youth Movement!!!!

Thats all i got

I wish I had beer

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The first eagles super bowl MVP was a back up picked in the 3rd round. Howie's got this. 

• Like 1

Could Hurts be looking to change position? Gonna be a wr like ward? 

27 minutes ago, Procus said:

So many good reasons.  First, this guy is a stud.  Second, he brings hands on experience from running Lincoln Riley's offense.  Third, strong backup who will keep Wentz from getting too cocky.  There is a LOT this guy brings to the table.  With the Eagles, it all begins in the QB room.  I am fully behind this pick.

Usually when I don't like/understand a pick, if I sit back and think about it for awhile or read some other points of view, I eventually arrive at a place where it makes sense.

Despite your logic, I'm having a hard time with this one.

• Like 1

The eagles needed a gimmick guy who played qb before. 

wait a minute.... isn’t Greg Ward that?

• Like 3

Just now, 20dawk4life said:

Could Hurts be looking to change position? Gonna be a wr like ward? 

So why not just take a WR lol. 

• Like 3

Statistically, Hurts’ 2019 run with the Sooners was by far the most prolific of his career, both on the ground and through the air. When the season was all said and done, he had amassed 3,851 passing yards, 1,298 rushing yards, and threw 32 TDs to just eight INTs while adding 20 more scores with his legs. All things considered, such as winning a Big 12 Championship, finishing second in the Heisman Trophy voting and making a fourth trip to the CFP, it’s certainly a campaign worth celebrating.

Draft Profile

• Like 3

Just now, GrahamCracker said:

Statistically, Hurts’ 2019 run with the Sooners was by far the most prolific of his career, both on the ground and through the air. When the season was all said and done, he had amassed 3,851 passing yards, 1,298 rushing yards, and threw 32 TDs to just eight INTs while adding 20 more scores with his legs. All things considered, such as winning a Big 12 Championship, finishing second in the Heisman Trophy voting and making a fourth trip to the CFP, it’s certainly a campaign worth celebrating.

Trade bait.

That's all I got.

21 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

C'mon Big__Al, that's BS.  Wentz probably had his best year of football last season.  Maybe he doesn't have long for the Eagles but I Wentz can have a long and successful career in the NFL.

He hasn't looked the same to me since 2017. Gimpy. I truly like the guy and wish him the best, but QB is the most important position on the field as we all know. We'll see how it plays out.

1 minute ago, Madriver said:

Trade bait.

That's all I got.

What for a 3rd rd? They wasted a fn 2nd

A hypothetical:

Suppose Carson Wentz has his best year this year, stays healthy and we win it all again. Was this pick worth it?

This also sucks for Jalen, as a high 2nd round pick and Heisman trophy winner you want to go somewhere where there is a plan for you to start.  Here if Wentz stays healthy he is a high pick backup, who may eventually be traded for nothing

1 minute ago, TOisStillaPuss? said:

A hypothetical:

Suppose Carson Wentz has his best year this year, stays healthy and we win it all again. Was this pick worth it?

Without a good backup we don't win the super bowl. But even with Wentz healthy, I fully believe Hurts will have a role in this offense.

• Like 2

We are going to develop Hurts and trade him for a 2nd in three years time if all goes well.

You guys aren't seeing that Howie just picked up an extra 2nd round pick in 2023 for a 2nd round round pick in 2020. Oh wait!

• Haha 1

While I’m not jumping for joy over the pick I can get behind it. Carson Is still our guy but now we have someone who can come in if he gets hurt and not have a huge drop off in talent like last years 40 year old backup. We won’t have to change up our offense. For people saying he sucks he doesn’t. He’s a very good web whose numbers have improved every year through college. He’s a student of the game as well as a gym rat. Dude has one thing on his mind and that is to be great at football and is willing to do whatever to make that happen. Plus we just saw what Lamar did well he is a more accurate version of lamar

• Like 2

We all know that, at some point this season, Carson will get Hurts, and then... wait...