Round 2 (#53): Eagles select Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma QB)

Moderator6

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Kevin Kolb was king choke. Whenever the pressure was on he would fold. When had a chance to take the job from McNabb during the Ravens game he completely folded. Then he stated back to back games like the next year and became the first quarterback to ever throw for over 300 yards in consecutive games in his first two starts. Then he choked away his chance again. They gave him the job over Vick and then he got hurt, but he kind of choked there too. He got hurt cause he wouldn't let go of the football. The guy was a highly injury prone and a major choke. 

I had high hopes for Kolb. No real reason, except maybe just wanting a change from McNabb. Kolb was a huge reach in that draft. We can complain about Howie all we want but drafts for this organization have been pretty scattered for 20 something years. 

• Like 1

My boss got me tickets to the Eagles-Titans game for my birthday in 2010.  Vick was hurt and Kolb had 3 turnovers (2 INTs, a lost fumble).  Eagles lost 37-19.  Kerry Collins was the Titans QB.  :lol:

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Kevin Kolb was king choke. Whenever the pressure was on he would fold. When had a chance to take the job from McNabb during the Ravens game he completely folded. Then he stated back to back games like the next year and became the first quarterback to ever throw for over 300 yards in consecutive games in his first two starts. Then he choked away his chance again. They gave him the job over Vick and then he got hurt, but he kind of choked there too. He got hurt cause he wouldn't let go of the football. The guy was a highly injury prone and a major choke. 

He did what he was asked as a backup for the most part playing in a handful of games, he was never going to be a franchise he didn't have the measurables. He at least fetched a 2nd rounder in trade, and had the same amount of playoff wins as the current ginger jesus. 

1 hour ago, MR-CYN said:

He did what he was asked as a backup for the most part playing in a handful of games, he was never going to be a franchise he didn't have the measurables. He at least fetched a 2nd rounder in trade, and had the same amount of playoff wins as the current ginger jesus. 

He also cost us a second rounder. Dude was a bum. 

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Kevin Kolb was king choke.

With Donovan McNabb's historic playoff   CHOKES  how do ya figure ??  Kolb never even sniffed a playoff appearance with the Eagles. McNabb  CHOKED  in every big game he ever played . . . except the one NFC  Champ game that lead to Super Bowl 39 . . . and then he choked that game away, too. 

Whenever the pressure was on he would fold. When had a chance to take the job from McNabb during the Ravens game he completely folded. Then he stated back to back games like the next year and became the first quarterback to ever throw for over 300 yards in consecutive games in his first two starts. Then he choked away his chance again. They gave him the job over Vick and then he got hurt, but he kind of choked there too. The guy was a highly injury prone and a major choke. 

It's semantics, I guess . . . but Kolb is better described as being a  BUST  IMO.  

3 hours ago, McNabbIsDone said:

McNabb has more playoff wins than anyone in franchise history and has gone to a SB. He’s also had numerous double digit win seasons. I think the hate for McNabb comes from a place of stupidity. 

4 hours ago, MR-CYN said:

There were a lot of people (A.Reid and D.Vermeil) who thought that kid could have been something special. When it came to a point where he could have cemented himself as something he always fell apart. That Ravens game he actually drove the team al, the way down field and the. Threw an 108 yard interception to Ed Reed. That pretty much sums up Kevin Kolb. 

8 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I had high hopes for Kolb. No real reason, except maybe just wanting a change from McNabb. Kolb was a huge reach in that draft. We can complain about Howie all we want but drafts for this organization have been pretty scattered for 20 something years. 

The Eagles thought they found a guy they could groom to become the replacement of McNabb. Then by chance the got Vick too. Once that happens McNabb was replaceable. It was time for McNabb. The run was over for him. Andy Reid fell victim just like a lot of other coaches who put their careers in the hands of Mike Vick. 

8 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Charlie Checkdown 

That moniker goes to Sammy "Sleaves” Bradford. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Nope.  Kolb was the OG Charlie Checkdown.  

IDK. Sam Bradford never saw a check down he didn't like, and he got paid a lot of money to do it too. Kolb did too though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

McNabb has more playoff wins than anyone in franchise history and has gone to a SB. He’s also had numerous double digit win seasons.

Irrelevant.

McNabb is a choker, a drunk and a sexual harasser. Deal with it

I think the hate for McNabb comes from a place of stupidity.

You can't define stupidity. 

3 hours ago, McNabbIsDone said:

McNabb is the best quarterback in Eagles history. Deal with it. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

McNabb is the best quarterback in Eagles history. Deal with it. 

Irrelevant & off-topic.

The topic concerned whether Kolb was a choker or not.

I showed you why I thought Kolb was less a choker and more of a bust . . .

as opposed to a  _REAL_  choker,  Donovan McNabb. 

52 minutes ago, McNabbIsDone said:

Irrelevant & off-topic.

McNabb is not a bigger choke than Kolb. McNabb has won playoff games, won multiple 10 win seasons. Kolb every time he had a chance to prove himself choked. Yo have proved nothing but you hate McNabb. Get in the long line of people who hate McNabb for some nonsensical reason or another. 

I will try to put this whole McNabb is a choke thing into perspective for you and I will use Wentz to do it. 
Let’s take a look at both players first four seasons. McNabb played 48 games in 4 seasons while Wentz played 56 games in four seasons. In that span Wentz won 32 games, and McNabb won 31. Wentz had six 4th quarter comebacks and 8 game winning drives. McNabb has five 4qtr comebacks and 8 game winning drives. So basically playing less games McNabb has nearly the same stats as Carson does. On top of this McNabb already has 4 playoff victories in his pocket while Carson has yet to get one. By you logic if McNabb is a choke then Carson is a bigger choke. 

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I will try to put this whole McNabb is a choke thing into perspective for you  

You have the perspective of a drunken sailor . . . no thanks.

9 hours ago, McNabbIsDone said:

Irrelevant & off-topic.

To be fair, it's a topic about draft pick Jalen Hurts so discussing Kolb is off topic as well.  :P

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NOTW said:

To be fair, it's a topic about draft pick Jalen Hurts so discussing Kolb is off topic as well.  :P

Could of fooled me!

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Yes, the original comment was ignored b/c I am now officially bored with all of that.

I commented on an off-topic tangent thus driving the conversation even further off-topic.

However, I maintained the integrity of the flow of logic rather well, I thought.  :whistle:

29 minutes ago, McNabbIsDone said:

Yes, the original comment was ignored b/c I am now officially bored with all of that.

I commented on an off-topic tangent thus driving the conversation even further off-topic.

However, I maintained the integrity of the flow of logic rather well, I thought.  :whistle:

Just joking around man, happy Friday!  :groovy:

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

Just joking around man, happy Friday!  :groovy:

It's all good, thanks, man . . . you too !        :D            :Eagle_smiley:            :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, McNabbIsDone said:

You have the perspective of a drunken sailor . . . no thanks.

You’re perspective is a guy who was in the league for seven years and did absolutely NOTHING WITH THAT TIME is somehow less of a choke than a guy took the Eagles to their first Super Bowl since 1980. That’s your perspective. 😂😂😂😂

On 5/15/2020 at 6:27 PM, EazyEaglez said:

You’re perspective is a guy who was in the league for seven years and did absolutely NOTHING WITH THAT TIME 

is somehow less of a choke than a guy took the Eagles to their first Super Bowl since 1980.

Like I said a while ago . . . we're arguing  "semantics"  here.

In my book you have to be involved in something substantial, either in length of time or by importance of content or both, in order to "choke." In that case Kolb doesn't even qualify to be able to "choke."  But McNabb does . . . big time. 

Kolb has zero appearances in playoff games  ( defined as "BIG  GAMES" )  while McNabb has at least 19.

Goto the video replay:     19 playoff appearances

10 wins 

9  losses  including  4  NFC Championship losses and a Super Bowl loss with McNabb tossing his cookies during crunch time.

That means: excluding the Wildcard or Divisional games McNabb lost 5 of his 6 biggest games ever.  If that's not  CHOKING  I don't know what is.

Then we can talk about all the miscellaneous  CHOKE  JOBS  of reg. season games . . . like the 17 - 0 blow-out loss to Tampa Bay in the first Eagle game ever at the Linc . . . or his ridiculous last 2 games as an Eagle,  CHOKING  big time to the hated Cowpies by a combined score of  58 - 14 !!! 

You want to worship at the altar of McNabb ?  Be my guest . . . and don't forget the knee-pads.     

10 minutes ago, McNabbIsDone said:

Like I said a while ago . . . we're arguing  "semantics"  here.

In my book you have to be involved in something substantial, either in length of time or by importance of content or both, in order to "choke." In that case Kolb doesn't even qualify to be able to "choke."  But McNabb does . . . big time. 

Kolb has zero appearances in playoff games. ( defined as "BIG  GAMES" )   While McNabb has at least 19.

Goto the video replay:     19 playoff appearances

10 wins 

9  losses  including  4  NFC Championship losses and a Super Bowl loss with McNabb tossing his cookies during crunch time.

That means: excluding the Wildcard or Divisional games McNabb lost 5 of his 6 biggest games ever.  If that's not  CHOKING  I don't know what is.

Then we can talk about all the miscellaneous  CHOKE  JOBS  of reg. season games . . . like the 17 - 0 blow-out loss to Tampa Bay in the first game at the Linc.

Or his ridiculous last 2 games as an Eagle,  CHOKING  big time to the Cowpies by a combined score of  58 - 14 !!! 

You want to worship at the altar of McNabb ?  Be my guest . . . and don't forget the knee-pads.     

Hey bud you want to defend a hot scrub like cold be my guest. Nitwits want to whine about losing championship games like the Eagles before McNabb we’re going there regularly. Knock yourself out on the Kolb totem pole. 

On 4/25/2020 at 8:45 AM, time2rock said:

:o

Well ... we needed a decent backup QB, not another Thorson, right??  

I love the pick,  dude is team player and proven winner

Biggest draft day steal since Tom Brady

Love having a player like this on the roster,  Randall 2.0

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dannyb said:

I love the pick,  dude is team player and proven winner

Biggest draft day steal since Tom Brady

Love having a player like this on the roster,  Randall 2.0

Welcome Danny!  I'm not down on the pick like most are.  2017 should have proven to ALL Eagles fans the importance of having a really good backup QB.  I don't like having to identify a new backup every year - I think it is critical to have someone who can be in the system for a few years to fully grasp the offense (like Sudfeld but he will be a FA after the season).  So it makes sense to draft one.  And obviously the later you pick someone the more the odds increase that you land someone like a Thorson.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Welcome Danny!  I'm not down on the pick like most are.  2017 should have proven to ALL Eagles fans the importance of having a really good backup QB.  I don't like having to identify a new backup every year - I think it is critical to have someone who can be in the system for a few years to fully grasp the offense (like Sudfeld but he will be a FA after the season).  So it makes sense to draft one.  And obviously the later you pick someone the more the odds increase that you land someone like a Thorson.  

So I agree that some continuity at the back up QB position would be good. But isn't one of the arguments in favour of this pick that they could potentially flip Hurts for more picks next year? Depending on how things play out?