Round 2 (#53): Eagles select Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma QB)

Moderator6

Well Howie said they wanted to draft a QB every year like they used to

Or maybe he is just here to execute the Philly Special 2.0 - you guys aren't seeing the full picture

• Like 1

I was at Tennis and we picked a QB in the second round. Wtf is Howie doing?

• Like 1

For a team with so many needs.. I just don't understand drafting a QB at this point.  This makes no sense at all........ Horrible pick ..  Howie needs to stay away from the draft room from now on.  What is the logic behind this pick?

There is no defending this pick. With several needs they used a 2nd round pick to draft their own version of Taysom Hill. Sadly Doug and Howie were grinning ear to ear like they outsmarted everyone. Pick makes zero sense for several reasons and it was terrible value. It's such a bad pick and makes such little sense It's almost amusing.

• Like 2

Crazy! 

And brilliant

Most of the fan base loves Wentz, myself included, but if he cant finish a season for the 4th year in a row then you need a plan.  What better plan than a cheap 2nd round QB that has real potential.  Its a QB league, nothing else matters.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GrahamCracker said:

Young break out age. Explosive player. Could give Wentz plays off. Will be coming off of rookie deal right around when Wentz deal is expiring. 

Wild cat in play?

Just now, Bloodtype_Green said:

Crazy! 

And brilliant

Most of the fan base loves Wentz, myself included, but if he cant finish a season for the 4th year in a row then you need a plan.  What better plan than a cheap 2nd round QB that has real potential.  Its a QB league, nothing else matters.

A. You don't use a 2nd round pick on a backup QB after giving 100 million to your starter

B. They didn't draft him to be a backup QB. They drafted him to be Taysom Hill

47 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Actions speak louder than words. Eagles will move away from Wentz, maybe even by next year. Wentz can't stay healthy.

so they signed him to a 130 million dollar extension to move on from him? 

Clearly they made this pick to distract the fans from the fact that the board being shut down because "traffic"

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Milkman420 said:

While I’m not jumping for joy over the pick I can get behind it. Carson Is still our guy but now we have someone who can come in if he gets hurt and not have a huge drop off in talent like last years 40 year old backup. We won’t have to change up our offense. For people saying he sucks he doesn’t. He’s a very good web whose numbers have improved every year through college. He’s a student of the game as well as a gym rat. Dude has one thing on his mind and that is to be great at football and is willing to do whatever to make that happen. Plus we just saw what Lamar did well he is a more accurate version of lamar

We have Suds for a backup, plus we have the option of bringing in Flacco or bringing McCown back. Round 2 is NOT the place to get a guy you hope never sees the field.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, flybynite said:

Oh boy... Another Black QB for "some" of the fandom to try to sneak in racist comments about. 

Are you F'ing retarded?

How many QBs can throw the ball on one play?

Go the F away with YOUR projecting and racist crap.

4 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said:

Wild cat in play?

I dont know if a coach that has TEs throwing TDs in the Super Bowl would know what to do with a 2nd talented passer on the field

5 minutes ago, Bloodtype_Green said:

Crazy! 

And brilliant

How about making sure the QB has help???

Other positions absolutely do matter!

Howie is outthinking himself on this one.  Wilson, Epenesa, Chinn, and Mims were all available and would fulfill needs areas.

I don’t get it.

This is going to come back to bite us in the a**.

Out of the next ten picks, there are only two I wouldn't have taken over Hurts. Uche and Dobbins. Any of the rest would have made sense.

6 minutes ago, Bloodtype_Green said:

Crazy! 

And brilliant

If Hurts were a 2nd Round talent with real potential I would agree with you.

So Howie says that they value the QB position more than any other and they wanted to strengthen the room. Howie said that Sudfeld wants to be a starter and they wanted to get out in front of it. :chair:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

A. You don't use a 2nd round pick on a backup QB after giving 100 million to your starter

B. They didn't draft him to be a backup QB. They drafted him to be Taysom Hill

A) Exactly the point, when you have a 100 million dollar QB your only realistic option is a drafted QB, preferably one with real potential.  They cant afford anything else.

B) That is pure speculation.

5 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

If Hurts were a 2nd Round talent with real potential I would agree with you.